4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

WarpSpeed Gen 4 update Y pipe and CAI

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2000, 01:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

We noticed when applying the WSP Y pipe to a 1997 that the rear o2 sensor did not have quite the clearance we wanted. So we moved it I think 10-15 degrees. The pipe slid right on and bolted right up to the cat. We make sure everything fits right before we sell anything, even if it takes a little longer to triple check.

We are planning to dyno our WSP gen 4 Y pipe the second week of January, it will have been on a car for a least a week to ensure the computer has reprogrammed itself. It will be dynoed on a Dynojet dyno, the car had been dynoed previously as stock a short time ago.

We will be offering a WSP CAI around the third week in January. We are finishing our 3rd gen VE and VG versions and they will be available a little before the 4th gen versions.

We will be offering a couple of colors and either chrome plated or polished 304 stainless. They will be available unpainted as well for do it yourself and with or without a filter, in case you already have one. We will have photo's in a couple of weeks.

They will be bargain priced of course.

Dallas Warpspeed Performance
Old 12-24-2000, 01:41 PM

bargain priced...

Can you give us any ballpark figures for the ypipe and cai?

I am very interested, email me when they are available.
Old 12-24-2000, 01:48 PM

Is the pipe going to be placed on dmbbrazillian's car
It would be great to use the same car on the same dyno so we can see accurate results. Glad to see everything is coming along.
-hype
Old 12-24-2000, 02:10 PM

thanx

for the update..

lookin forward to dynojet results..

Ant
Old 12-24-2000, 02:43 PM

Re: bargain priced...

Originally posted by hlh0501
Can you give us any ballpark figures for the ypipe and cai?

I am very interested, email me when they are available.
I think the SS Y-pipe is about $350 or so which is good.
Old 12-24-2000, 05:12 PM

are there any deals

are there any group deals for cattman ss y's goin on ? i know i already missed one, plan to buy one after xmas
Old 12-24-2000, 06:23 PM

I'm still hoping for a 99+ CA/NLEV version...
Old 12-24-2000, 06:25 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

i hope it dynos better than it did on the 3rd gens. any plans for the 5th gen?
Old 12-24-2000, 11:10 PM

WSP Y pipes and CAI

When we tested our gen 3 pipe vs the cattman pipe we drove the car for more than 3 hours between the dyno tests, in Dallas we dynoed the car, switched pipes unhooked the battery and ran the second dyno test within 30-45 minutes. It actually took a couple hundred miles of driving before the results were realized.

We have been told by Nissan one cannot just unhook the battery for a minute to reset the computer, that it should be disconnected overnight and that the relearning can take up to a week. I guess it makes sense but it makes dynoing kind of a pain and more expensive because you cannot do it all at once.

We have a 5th gen fed car lined up and will install a pipe on it in January. We don't yet have access to a CA version car.

Along with the CAI for the gen 3 and gen 4 maximas we are also working on a 2.5" DTM polished 304 stainless muffler for the Maximas (we should have one on Dans car in 2 weeks), we are working on a 3" Y pipe for the supercharged gen 3 or 4 maxima (first prototype about 3 weeks away), dual exhaust for the Jeep Grand Cherokee as well as a CAI and a prototype header for the V6 Accords and gen 4 maximas.

We will continue to sell to the Maxima forum members for a group buy rate and have no plans to play the sale game. We are going to stick with our policy of low prices every day for quality products and sell what people want (works for Wal-Mart), then back it up with customer service. We may miss an email once in a while but we try to respond back the same day we get one. If you have a problem with one of our products or an opportunity we want to hear about it.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Dallas and Dan WarpSpeed Performance
Old 12-24-2000, 11:21 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

if ur willing to come to ca, u can use my 5th gen CA max.
Old 12-24-2000, 11:30 PM

Just send us your Y pipe

Just send us your Y pipe, it looks as though that is all we would really need. We would need it for a couple of days. It looks as though it would bolt up to a fed version engine and we can get our hands on a 2000 fed version car.

If you or someone else has one give a call on Tuesday afternoon to our toll free number 866-801-9338 and let me know or just email me.....dallas@warpspeedperformance.com

regards
Dallas
Old 12-25-2000, 12:20 AM

If there was a good chance of developing a replacement front down pipe to rid the car of the front pre-cat... I would be interested...

Old 12-25-2000, 07:07 AM
Master Will

Re: WSP Y pipes and CAI

Originally posted by bmfjeep

We have been told by Nissan one cannot just unhook the battery for a minute to reset the computer, that it should be disconnected overnight and that the relearning can take up to a week. I guess it makes sense but it makes dynoing kind of a pain and more expensive because you cannot do it all at once.
I know your are an expert compared to me in all this I mean you have a business but we all can learn from each other ya know? but the resetting thing when we put in CAI's and intakes it has been said to disconnect the battery for at lest 2 hours and this is what I did and it works fine and I think everyone esle does the same. It maybe longer for installing a y-pipe but to me resetting is resetting 2 hours should do it the overnight stuff and the week of getting use to it. I would check into to it more most Nissan places don't know jack about aftermarket stuff,"call STEALIN'" and act like an interested person and see what they say. HEHE.....
Old 12-25-2000, 07:43 AM
Master Will

Hey....

After you post some real accurate info on your y-pipe,maybe some of us will buy one but we all need proof and you have a great price compared to Cattman and STEALIN' your money .com,I want one but we need some proof OK? Cool! Keep up the good work. Personnaly all y-pipes shoud be the same if you all use the same process in making them,mandrel,thickness of material,length,and proper fit how can there be a "difference" besides price?
Old 12-25-2000, 08:40 AM

WSP Y pipes and CAI

Thats why we are spending the time and money to dyno the pipes.

As well, we want to avoid the problems we have read about: clearance problems, cracking welds and split pipes and poor customer service. A little bit of competition benefits everyone because it raises the quality level and lowers the price.

The big price difference is probably the only game in town syndrome that effects the price. The actual proccess does differ. We know we need to maximize flex and strength. Having actually been in the welding and machining business means we know why we do things the way we do.

Dallas

[Edited by bmfjeep on 12-25-2000 at 11:04 AM]
Old 12-25-2000, 08:50 AM

Re: WSP Y pipes and CAI

Originally posted by bmfjeep
Thats why we are spending the time and money to dyno the pipes.

As well, we want to avoid the problems we have read about: clearance problems, cracking welds and split pipes and poor customer service. A little bit of competition benefits everyone because it raises the quality level and lowers the price.
AMEN BABY!!!

regards
Dallas
I am extremely excited about dyno/pricing info, as the Cattman S/S is $450, and I know *DAMN* well that's too much.

Hurry up WSP!

justin
Old 12-25-2000, 06:43 PM

Anyone know where I can get aftermarket headers for my 97 GLE? Once ya'll show me the dyno results for Y-Pipe, CAI, and muffler I'm down for group buy.
Old 12-26-2000, 07:40 AM

Originally posted by Maxima97GLE
Anyone know where I can get aftermarket headers for my 97 GLE? Once ya'll show me the dyno results for Y-Pipe, CAI, and muffler I'm down for group buy.
I don't think anyone makes aftermarket headers for the maxima.

To warpspeed: What are the prices for your Y-pipes and when are they going to be available? I'm looking to get a Y-pipe, and in the very near future, like ASAP!
If you aren't going to have them for a while I might dish out the money for a Cattman SS pipe....come on save me some $$$
Old 12-26-2000, 08:10 AM

WSP Y pipes and CAI

We have pricing on our website, they only run $5.00 more than the gen 3. We will have stainless pipes available to ship January 10, some aluminized possibly sooner. We hope to have the dyno results by then as well.

regards
Dallas
Old 12-26-2000, 10:56 AM

unclear dyno's

the dyno's that you provide on your website are not clear enough. the dyno needs to show more detail, not some tiny graph without detail.