4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Might have been posted..but need to know!!!! Life of a Max..

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 07:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Might have been posted..but need to know!!!! Life of a Max..

While i know that a lot of cars are pretty much useless after 100k I am yet unsure of the Maximas life? I know Hondas hold strong after 100k and it doesn't even bother the engine. But is the Max's engine as or even stronger? Reason I'm asking is that I'm in the process of deciding on Purchasing a 97-99 Max GLE and want to make sure what I'm getting into. Its a gorgeous ride and well the luxury leather interior is incredible but is it worth purchasing if its over 75k? Or is less better? What were the average miles that each of you had purchased your cars at? THanks for all your help!!!!!

Oh and I'll be aiming for show mainly...Rims going to be 19"s easy, 20" with the flares, Tint, sound and some exterior mods but not so drastic. As i live in North Dakota due to the military and don't want to make my car a Snow Plow you know!!! Well Hit me up!!!

Old 10-22-2002, 07:14 AM

Re: Might have been posted..but need to know!!!! Life of a Max..

Originally posted by SR20DETNismo
While i know that a lot of cars are pretty much useless after 100k I am yet unsure of the Maximas life? I know Hondas hold strong after 100k and it doesn't even bother the engine. But is the Max's engine as or even stronger? Reason I'm asking is that I'm in the process of deciding on Purchasing a 97-99 Max GLE and want to make sure what I'm getting into. Its a gorgeous ride and well the luxury leather interior is incredible but is it worth purchasing if its over 75k? Or is less better? What were the average miles that each of you had purchased your cars at? THanks for all your help!!!!!

Oh and I'll be aiming for show mainly...Rims going to be 19"s easy, 20" with the flares, Tint, sound and some exterior mods but not so drastic. As i live in North Dakota due to the military and don't want to make my car a Snow Plow you know!!! Well Hit me up!!!

if taken care of properly, a maxima can last a few hundred thousand miles. I was a valet car parker at a golf course, and i drove a max with 287,000 on the clock!! that is a lot of miles. I would say that a maxima is rendered worthless after 200,000. i wouldn't want to buy it at or around there
Old 10-22-2002, 07:14 AM
Administrator

yes they last.. and new engines are only $600 - $1000 so fck it
Old 10-22-2002, 09:45 AM
Maxima91

Re: Might have been posted..but need to know!!!! Life of a Max..

Originally posted by SR20DETNismo

i was born in north dakota too, i dont know y ud want a car there, it just collects a loooot of snow, cool though, my dad was in the air force there and we lived on a base, your prob in the same boat as i was when i was 2 years old