4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Speeding Ticket Loophole?? (lil long)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 08:31 PM

Speeding Ticket Loophole?? (lil long)

Someone wanted to run for some money a few nites ago, and we ended up getting clocked by a cop on the other side of the Hwy. He turned around and got behind me and pulled me over, letting the other guy go. Come to find out he didn't know we were racing, because he was on the opposite side of street and didn't see the other car.

Being extremely nervous, because I wasn't sure what time he ended up clockin me(we took it past 120 mph), I got out w/ license and reg. ready to be arrested. State trooper asked if I was drinkin and why it was nessecary to drive that F'Nin fast. blah, blah.....ended up gettin a ticket for 88mph in 65 zone. swallowed my heart and told him have a nice nite.

Went back to friends house and started lookin at ticket, and in the 'sex' blank he mistakenly wrote F instead of M. so technically it's not MY ticket, it's for a girl! is this enough to bring up, or just pay the damn ticket and slow down.

p.s. won the race, got the money, car doesn't cut out at 114!!
Old 11-03-2002, 09:42 PM

Uhm...does it not have your correct name and drivers license number on it?
Old 11-03-2002, 10:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you are damn lucky he got you down to 88 to keep your license, I wish the cop that clocked me was that nice, and I drove only 90 in a 55 .
Old 11-03-2002, 10:49 PM

Re: Speeding Ticket Loophole?? (lil long)

Originally posted by purmax
Someone wanted to run for some money a few nites ago, and we ended up getting clocked by a cop on the other side of the Hwy. He turned around and got behind me and pulled me over, letting the other guy go. Come to find out he didn't know we were racing, because he was on the opposite side of street and didn't see the other car.

Being extremely nervous, because I wasn't sure what time he ended up clockin me(we took it past 120 mph), I got out w/ license and reg. ready to be arrested. State trooper asked if I was drinkin and why it was nessecary to drive that F'Nin fast. blah, blah.....ended up gettin a ticket for 88mph in 65 zone. swallowed my heart and told him have a nice nite.

Went back to friends house and started lookin at ticket, and in the 'sex' blank he mistakenly wrote F instead of M. so technically it's not MY ticket, it's for a girl! is this enough to bring up, or just pay the damn ticket and slow down.

Nope, you're better off just showing up to see if the cop will be there. Other than that, pay the ticket and get a freaking haircut, girlie-mon.

-A
Old 11-03-2002, 11:14 PM
+COLLANA+

lucky

very lucky indeed...

But since your GXE doesn't have a limiter, couldn't you have outrun the copper?

You said you beat the other guy and that means you could have literally lost the cop depending on the locales.

Crown vics and Impalas are not really fast cars...just big cruisers...unless they spray nitro

Old 11-04-2002, 05:06 AM

whatever

I have gotten my 96 auto up to 130 but I decided to stop becuase my axel is messed up but I ams ure I could of gone to 140. Also I want to see you beat an SS impala ram air with the Corvette engine, I think not sunny boy. Also those crown victorias have been worked on, I want to see you out run a cop and see what happens, he will come up on your *** and hit you with club when he throws your *** out of the car.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:32 AM
aka UNCDooD

the impala SS that is used not has a whopping 3.4L v6 in it...so, yea, that car has no chance. but the crown vic might have something once it gets up to speed.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:33 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

Under some jurisdictions, writing F for sex mean you are legally obligated to turn up to court in a dress.
Old 11-04-2002, 05:42 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

A speeding ticket is not a pop quiz that he must get 100% on in order to pass... He must only show that it was his intention to ticket you. He can put down the wrong color car, transpose a couple of digits on your DL# or license plate and it's simply up to the judge to decide if the cop had YOU pulled over and not somone else. If you got to court and pleade not guilty based upon that then the prosecutor will simply ask if you were pulled over by the cops on that date. Are you going to lie in court?

I got out of a ticket once because the cop wrote the wrong date (wrote the time as 23:55pm, then ranted at me for 10 mins, then looked at his watch again and wrote the date, but the time was now 0:05am and it was a new day.) I got myself a good alibi for that night (time/date ont he ticket) in the next town. The cop never realised he wrote the date wrong and it was thrown out.

(He could have figured it out if he tried. Tickets in that jurisdiction have serial numbers and he just needed to see the ticket he wrote after mine was dated nearly 24h before mine!)
Old 11-04-2002, 06:11 AM

use the money you won in the race to pay the ticket
Old 11-04-2002, 08:41 AM

Actually you might be able to, Depends on where you are, sometimes if ANYTHING is wrong they will throw it out to risk further argument.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:41 AM

It's unlikely you're going to get away with it. The "wrong name/address/license plate/car color/etc" and the ticket gets thrown out myth has been around for a long time, and with the number of tickets that are handed out, I have only heard a very small handful of stories where the tickets were actually thrown out.

And you may outrun the cop car ... but you can't outrun a radio or a helicopter.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:51 PM

since he thought u were a girl u should have flirted your way out of the ticket..
Old 11-04-2002, 03:09 PM

few points to clear up!

I have a military-style haircut and can't be mistaken for a girl, he just wasn't payin attention (I was talkin to him about hunting while he was writing to try and get a smaller fine)

we weren't clocked at top speed, he got me at mid-point in the race. we slowed down and he caught up, didn't put his lights on until he was behind me (didn't know it was a cop, never saw til it was too late)

i wouldn't try to out run a cop unless i passed him goin 90+ with him at a dead stop, and had an escape route to hide!

thanx for info
Old 11-06-2002, 10:27 PM

Originally posted by ymNA
you are damn lucky he got you down to 88 to keep your license, I wish the cop that clocked me was that nice, and I drove only 90 in a 55 .
and what they took away your license for doing 90 in 55 zone?
Old 11-07-2002, 12:23 AM
Maxima owner since 2000

i got my car impounded for streetracing and on the ticket it says "nissan sentra". i guess that's what happens when you shave your trunk. lol.
Old 11-07-2002, 03:32 AM

Re: Speeding Ticket Loophole?? (lil long)

no pitty for you, you were street racing, and at that speed it's stupid and dangerous, so you deserve to pay every penny that he wrote up for you. It ****es the hell out of me when I'm driving and all of a sudden I see a car passing me like I'm at stand still. the MAJOR cause of accidents on the highway is not the speed, but the DIFFERENCE in speeds of cars. you might be a great driver, but my gf, my mom,.... are not, and you're just putting them in danger.

even if 'nobody was there' that you might say, at the rate you're going, 120mph, you're doing 1 mile every 30 sec. so the chances are that you will catch up to someone

pay the ticket and slow down, I hope you get caught every time you do something stupid like that
Old 11-07-2002, 03:22 PM

Re: Re: Speeding Ticket Loophole?? (lil long)

Originally posted by Vinipux

no pitty for you, it's stupid and dangerous, so you deserve to pay every penny that he wrote up for you.

pay the ticket and slow down, I hope you get caught every time you do something stupid like that
me too, i hate street racers
Old 11-07-2002, 03:34 PM

Guess you guys didn't like the fast and the furious
Old 11-07-2002, 03:42 PM

i know a couple of people that have gotten out of tickets by rescheduling the court date like 3 times. the cop didnt show when they finally went to court.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:02 PM

Re: Re: Re: Speeding Ticket Loophole?? (lil long)

me too, i hate street racers
Street racing done correctly does not cause accidents. First off, in the movie the Fast and the Furious, what did they 1st do? Block off all intersections down the strip. They did their race, then left dramatically because of...cops, cops, COPS! Otherwise, on a normal street race night, they just leave.

Road rage is more accurate to describe those that overspeed when "innocent", naive, and inexperienced drivers are present. Rarely do I engage another driver when confronted, but I do from time to time to prove my stupid and immature point (that my car is faster). Cmon, you know how tempting it is...

What I hate is street racers that take stupid risks on the highway. They use shoulders! Someone I know was racing when his car hit the opposing vehicle, he ended up flipping over into a center divider. Luckily he was not injured badly, but he BIT RIGHT THROUGH HIS TONGUE. OUCH! That's enough to dissuade me from racing.

-A
Old 11-07-2002, 06:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Speeding Ticket Loophole?? (lil long)

Originally posted by Vinipux

no pitty for you, you were street racing, and at that speed it's stupid and dangerous, so you deserve to pay every penny that he wrote up for you. It ****es the hell out of me when I'm driving and all of a sudden I see a car passing me like I'm at stand still. the MAJOR cause of accidents on the highway is not the speed, but the DIFFERENCE in speeds of cars. you might be a great driver, but my gf, my mom,.... are not, and you're just putting them in danger.

even if 'nobody was there' that you might say, at the rate you're going, 120mph, you're doing 1 mile every 30 sec. so the chances are that you will catch up to someone

Not to defend irresponsible street racing or anything, but the average speed on the highways that I travel on (I84 NY/CT, I87) is over 80 mph. The speed difference is only 40 mph if you're doing 120.

But, let's say (for argument's sake) that people are only doing 60 mph, that's still only a 60 mph difference (1 mile/minute gain on traffic ahead). That means that it will take him 1 whole minute to catch up to someone a mile ahead of him, doing half his speed. That's plenty of time to slow down. So, unless he's speeding on sections of road where visibility is very limited, there's plenty of opportunity to slow down for other drivers/officers.

Now, he'll catch up to deer very quickly, but that's another story.