4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Boy is my insurance gonna be ****ed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 02:26 PM

Boy is my insurance gonna be ****ed...

Hey hows it been guys,
I've been chillin. You guys may remember me-I was on the org and my Max got stolen (check out this link)

http://64.4.16.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_l...goto%3dnewpost

and I bought a 1995 Lexus Gs300...Well the insurance ended up giving me 15500 for the Max and this sunday I wrecked the Lexus. I was on the hw it was raining and a chevy s-10 pickup was changin into my lane w/o lookin it surprised me... he ran me off the road (but we never made contact) and my car spun around like 10 times before landing in a ditch 100 yds away from the hw!...Luckily I was alright and no one got hurt...i walked outof the wreck and they never found the other driver. heres some pics http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...selected=64041

?????????????????? MAYBE I'LL BE REJOININ THE .ORG?? 5TH GEN??
Old 11-06-2002, 02:27 PM

OOPS FIRST LINK AINT WORKIN...
JUST LOOK FOR POST "FAREWELL TO ALL AT MAXIMA.ORG"
Old 11-06-2002, 02:34 PM
V^___^V

doood...tat sux, i'm sorry to hear tat =X
Old 11-06-2002, 02:55 PM
Sports Button FTW

that's the second best looking lexus IMO, i can't believe it got wrecked like that . sorry man
Old 11-06-2002, 03:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Boy is my insurance gonna be ****ed...

Originally posted by alexamparo
Hey hows it been guys,
I've been chillin. You guys may remember me-I was on the org and my Max got stolen (check out this link)

http://64.4.16.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_l...goto%3dnewpost

and I bought a 1995 Lexus Gs300...Well the insurance ended up giving me 15500 for the Max and this sunday I wrecked the Lexus. I was on the hw it was raining and a chevy s-10 pickup was changin into my lane w/o lookin it surprised me... he ran me off the road (but we never made contact) and my car spun around like 10 times before landing in a ditch 100 yds away from the hw!...Luckily I was alright and no one got hurt...i walked outof the wreck and they never found the other driver. heres some pics http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrow...selected=64041

?????????????????? MAYBE I'LL BE REJOININ THE .ORG?? 5TH GEN??
Ouch.. that's gotta suck.
How much were you paying for insurance for the Lexus?
What category are you in? i.e. under 25, married or single...

I'm in the Over 25 married male category, so my annual insurance on the Max is about $800
Old 11-06-2002, 03:11 PM
I'm so hood

Dude, that pains me to read. Getting the max stolen was bad enough, and the GS was a good end to the solution, without considering premium increases, etc. And now this. I thought I had crappy luck with the stupidest little incidents all stringing together...

I hope everything works out ok and your insurance company doesn't bump you up too bad. Farkin S-10, man. It's like..."Am I supposed to let him hit me?"
Old 11-06-2002, 06:35 PM
Custom User Title

Sorry about your loss..How fast were you goin?? Did you by any chance find the guy's plates??
Old 11-06-2002, 06:44 PM
What's next!?..

Is the damage that bad?

Looks like it's mainly exterior damage and air bag replacement.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:21 PM
Custom User Title

Busted windshield
Old 11-06-2002, 08:32 PM

Re: Re: Boy is my insurance gonna be ****ed...

Originally posted by ORBRIT

Ouch.. that's gotta suck.
How much were you paying for insurance for the Lexus?
What category are you in? i.e. under 25, married or single...

I'm in the Over 25 married male category, so my annual insurance on the Max is about $800
Yeah i'm under 25 single and a male and i live in a big city...I was currently paying $2900 a year for full coverage insurance...can it get any worse? thats almost a car payment...It aint bad though...I dont have any kids or responsibilities like rent so it aint that hard but damn insurance sure can put it up ur back side...You know they make 9 out of every 10 dollars...I aint makin it up it was on like 20/20 or somethin...But its like havin a woman no matter how expensive it is, u still gotta have it. Thank god for insurance though, even if they are a$$holes...can u imagine what i'd be like w/o it Max gets stolen, there goes like 12000 bucks and then Lex is wrecked-oops theres another 14000. you gotta love it.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by JPMax
Is the damage that bad?

Looks like it's mainly exterior damage and air bag replacement.
nah not that bad...just a bent rear axle and not to mention:
fr bmp. co.
fr bmp. re.
fr bmp. cush.
L Fe.
R Fe.
Re. bmp co.
Fr. Undbod co.
Rad supp.
Hdlght. L
Hdlght. R
Rad.
A/C con.
Aibags & module + miscellaneous
it all came out to $7988 through the dealership thats almost half the cars value...just in parts!the headlights i aint sure if would be replaced and the radiator looked bent but ok the A/c con. is def. gone and even w/o those things the parts total is still...$6789....My cousin owns a body shop back home in providence, RI (I'm in college now) and I emailed him a pic and he says all the labor would prob cost another ohh $5500 (5500+7988=13488) that enough to total it? the cars value is $17000
Old 11-07-2002, 09:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looks like it should be totalled. i guess it depends on the insurance company and what theyre estimate is. just make sure ya everything that is damaged is covered in the estimate so ya dont get stuck with them fixin the car cuz odds are itll never be the same. one of my friends mom was in a similar situation. someone swerved into her lane and in tryin to avoid the guy she rolled her 200 intrepid rt. insurance only estimated 13k in damage where they needed to like another grand to total it. needless to say aboout 8 months later the car was fixed and ended up costin over 18k to fix it.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:27 AM

Re: Re: Boy is my insurance gonna be ****ed...

Originally posted by ORBRIT
so my annual insurance on the Max is about $800
Wow. I gotta drop down that low. Thats the good thing about one day if I turn 25... the insurance will drop.

SuDZ
Old 11-07-2002, 12:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Boy is my insurance gonna be ****ed...

Originally posted by alexamparo

Yeah i'm under 25 single and a male and i live in a big city...I was currently paying $2900 a year for full coverage insurance...can it get any worse? thats almost a car payment...It aint bad though...I dont have any kids or responsibilities like rent so it aint that hard but damn insurance sure can put it up ur back side...You know they make 9 out of every 10 dollars...I aint makin it up it was on like 20/20 or somethin...But its like havin a woman no matter how expensive it is, u still gotta have it. Thank god for insurance though, even if they are a$$holes...can u imagine what i'd be like w/o it Max gets stolen, there goes like 12000 bucks and then Lex is wrecked-oops theres another 14000. you gotta love it.
Dude that sux. I hope everything is cool with the insurance. I have been with Farmers insurance for like 3 years and just last year I had two speeding tickets and one accident. I started paying 188 per month then I got that first ticket for speeding and they raise my insurance to $340 per month. Then I got in an accident and they gave me a ticket at the same time so the insurance count it as 1 accident nd one more ticket. My insurance went from $340 to $800 per month. I was like WTF. so I started to shop around and i swith to progressive. I now pay $375 per month which still alot but better than $800. If your insurance goes up try shopping around you might find a better deal. Good luck man!
Old 11-08-2002, 09:31 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Boy is my insurance gonna be ****ed...

Originally posted by optimus310

Dude that sux. I hope everything is cool with the insurance. I have been with Farmers insurance for like 3 years and just last year I had two speeding tickets and one accident. I started paying 188 per month then I got that first ticket for speeding and they raise my insurance to $340 per month. Then I got in an accident and they gave me a ticket at the same time so the insurance count it as 1 accident nd one more ticket. My insurance went from $340 to $800 per month. I was like WTF. so I started to shop around and i swith to progressive. I now pay $375 per month which still alot but better than $800. If your insurance goes up try shopping around you might find a better deal. Good luck man!
WHAT! thats fukcin ridiculous....$800 a month...Is it an S500 damn..I thought mine was bad. $375 is still tooo fukcin much I feel for u man and its good to know i aint the only one gettin screwed in the a-hole. I have no speeding tickets in my state, one stolen car, and an accident which the police attributed to an unidentified driver and the weather! I hope it doesnt go up too much...maybe they wont insure me anymore? Its funny cause when i gave the claims secretary my name when i called to report the accident she said "why does that name sound familiar" I said yeah cuz I just settled a claim like a month ago.