4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Jackson Racing Filter

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 08:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Jackson Racing Filter

Ok. I know I have been posting a lot about intakes but I want to have the best one there is with the best setup. I have decided to go with a hybrid setup. But now for the filter. I was going to decide between Monster Flow or JWT. The only thing I have heard so far is that Monster Flow will break up over time and small pieces of foam will get sucked the intake so I was leaning towards the JWT pop charger. But somebody posted a thread about how a magazine( I think Hondatuner) did a test on filters and they said the Jackson Racing filter dynoed better then all the others by far. What do you guys think and where can I get one from?
Old 11-07-2002, 10:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Your engine probably won't suck in the pieces of filter because your MAF sensor has a screen in front of it. The piece of foam would have to be really small. I still wouldn't want to worry about the fragile foam filters. I really don't think you would even see a 1hp difference between a foam filter and a JWT Pop Charger. The Pop charger is HUGE and would ingest a lot of air. The aluminum velocity stack is beautiful. The filter is very durable. You just have to clean it once in a while. JWT intake is a set it and forget it intake. In closing, I would recommend the JWT filter.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Jackson Racing Filter

Originally posted by mforrest100
Ok. I know I have been posting a lot about intakes but I want to have the best one there is with the best setup. I have decided to go with a hybrid setup. But now for the filter. I was going to decide between Monster Flow or JWT. The only thing I have heard so far is that Monster Flow will break up over time and small pieces of foam will get sucked the intake so I was leaning towards the JWT pop charger. But somebody posted a thread about how a magazine( I think Hondatuner) did a test on filters and they said the Jackson Racing filter dynoed better then all the others by far. What do you guys think and where can I get one from?
I guess nobody cares, cares to know if there is a better filter for our maximas, or just doesn't know anything about the Jackson Racing Filters.
Old 11-08-2002, 05:16 PM
Handsome

Re: Re: Jackson Racing Filter

Originally posted by mforrest100

I guess nobody cares, cares to know if there is a better filter for our maximas, or just doesn't know anything about the Jackson Racing Filters.
I think the best filter is the new Apexi. I believe it was the owner of frakencar who flow tested it against an open intake (no filter) and it tested only moderatly lower.
I saw on another post that you couldn't find an application for the max. Thats because stock we use a panel filter, the Apex will hook up when you get an after market pipe.
As for the Jackson Racing, go to a grocery store and look at the new Honda Tuning. They flow tested it against K&N, Injen, AEM, and DC sports. The Jackson racing filter performed the best.
You probably won't notice any difference between one filter and the other, but I do preffer the PR, Cattman, and Warpspeed style intakes.