4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 12:24 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

Anybody ever used VITECH Clutches.. or anybody even ever heard of them ?WWW.Customamaxima.com used to sell those clutches like 4 months ago .. i was wondering anybody bought stage 3/4 clutch and used them... let me know..all this time i thought i had unorthodox clutch but actually it was a VITEK clutch
Sal
Old 11-24-2002, 11:20 PM

Re: Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

Originally posted by maximumpower96
Anybody ever used VITECH Clutches.. or anybody even ever heard of them ?WWW.Customamaxima.com used to sell those clutches like 4 months ago .. i was wondering anybody bought stage 3/4 clutch and used them... let me know..all this time i thought i had unorthodox clutch but actually it was a VITEK clutch
Sal
anybody ? commonnnnnnn answer please
Old 01-04-2003, 11:57 PM

Re: Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

Wait, so you bought the clutch from Custommaxima?

I was the one that supplied him with the clutches. He stopped carrying them due to pricing.

But the clutches are made from brand new Valeo parts, and have a pretty decent following among domestic guys.

If you have one, which stage is it?

Sal
Old 01-05-2003, 09:03 AM

Re: Re: Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

i had one stage 3 and i hated it becasue i was told ( it was on greg's website ) that you can drive it as regular daily driving and also racing. but it blew my tranny after a while.
-Sal
Old 01-05-2003, 09:27 AM

Re: Re: Re: Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

i had one stage 3 and i hated it becasue i was told ( it was on greg's website ) that you can drive it as regular daily driving and also racing. but it blew my tranny after a while.
-Sal
- stage three is definitely not for everyday driving- whoever told you that should pay for your tranny work
Old 01-05-2003, 10:49 AM

Re: Re: Re: Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

There's no reason you can't use a Stage III for daily driving. It's more aggressive than the Stages I or II, but it's not a race only clutch. It's more street clutch than race clutch. We've got a good number of Maxima customers with the Stage IV and that's more aggressive than the Stage III and as of yet, I haven't gotten any calls regarding tranny failures.

How did your tranny blow? And how did you think you had an Unorthodox clutch?

-Sal
Old 01-05-2003, 02:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

Originally posted by Shadow
There's no reason you can't use a Stage III for daily driving. It's more aggressive than the Stages I or II, but it's not a race only clutch. It's more street clutch than race clutch. We've got a good number of Maxima customers with the Stage IV and that's more aggressive than the Stage III and as of yet, I haven't gotten any calls regarding tranny failures.

How did your tranny blow? And how did you think you had an Unorthodox clutch?

Because, Custommaxima now sells unorthodox clutches and i didnt save my reciepts for my Vitek clutch so i was doubtful on that but now i know that i had Vitek. i bought my tranny from pheonix and the sole reason of my tranny failur was vitek clutch.
-Sal
Old 01-05-2003, 07:13 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

And who told you the sole reason your tranny failed was the Vitek clutch? Did the clutch fail causing your tranny to fail? Or did your tranny just fail and you're blaming the clutch? Trannies fail for a lot of reasons, and the clutch is one of them. But it's hard to determine. As I've said earlier, we've sold Vitek clutches for a while and you would be the first tranny failure on a Maxima due to this clutch that we know of. But usually if anything goes wrong, we get the call for warranty reasons. Had a couple of issues with install error that we had to troubleshoot, but no one has called us stating their tranny failed.

Because, Custommaxima now sells unorthodox clutches and i didnt save my reciepts for my Vitek clutch so i was doubtful on that but now i know that i had Vitek. i bought my tranny from pheonix and the sole reason of my tranny failur was vitek clutch.
-Sal
Old 01-05-2003, 07:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

OK here is what exactly happened I will be very honest. My Mechanic is in our family for like 7 years very dependable guy and very knowledgeable too. I don't know may be he installed it wrong or whatever might be the reason since day one when I had the clutch installed the first gear was like a rocket I could never take off without jerking the car slowly after 2 months it finally settled down but I was wrong it was because something went wrong in my tranny or the clutch. So after like 8 months or so i realized that something is terribly going wrong with my tranny (at that point at least i thought it was my tranny) so me being not that mature in all this stuff i ordered a new tranny and ACE clutch he opened it and i saw from my own eyes (i should have taken the pictures) the clutch was all gone and the inserts of my flywheel (i also bought that flywheel from custom maxima) the inserts were gone too. I had to order them from unorthodox racing again for 150 bucks..now everything is smooth as hell.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

Hmm, don't know what to say about that. Maybe the clutch was defective, won't ever know I guess.

So your flywheel was toast as well as the clutch, but the tranny itself was ok?

OK here is what exactly happened I will be very honest. My Mechanic is in our family for like 7 years very dependable guy and very knowledgeable too. I don't know may be he installed it wrong or whatever might be the reason since day one when I had the clutch installed the first gear was like a rocket I could never take off without jerking the car slowly after 2 months it finally settled down but I was wrong it was because something went wrong in my tranny or the clutch. So after like 8 months or so i realized that something is terribly going wrong with my tranny (at that point at least i thought it was my tranny) so me being not that mature in all this stuff i ordered a new tranny and ACE clutch he opened it and i saw from my own eyes (i should have taken the pictures) the clutch was all gone and the inserts of my flywheel (i also bought that flywheel from custom maxima) the inserts were gone too. I had to order them from unorthodox racing again for 150 bucks..now everything is smooth as hell.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who knows about VITEK clutches ?

I will never know that either that if my tranny was burnned as i replaced the tranny too i had an excellent deal on it so i changed everything altogether to avoid further problems.
-Sal