4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Warpspeed Y Pipe! Y Pipe in General?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 09:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Warpspeed Y Pipe! Y Pipe in General?

Hi Y pipe users lol. I have a 98 Max. Automatic. So far on my set up is a Franken Car Hybrid Intake and a Ractive Muffler. I called up Warpspeed yesterday and asked them about the Y pipe. Im intrested in getting the aluminized Y pipe for $195. Talked to a lady, she was very nice and gave me the whole low down about everything. I mentioned about them haveing somewhat of a delay on shipping items. She said a while ago they were swampened with orders, and now they have a guy workign that is a Phenominal Welder she says. And now they said he makes them faster then anyone else did, so there not having problems anymore with shipping. and they said the 4th Gen Y pipe are in stock, so Im gonna order one on Wednesday. Didnt wanna get Budget cause ppl said they had problems, and there are no complaints that ive read about Warpspeed Y pipe owners.

So heres the thing. I wanna know if its gonna make my muffler loud? I have a Nice low deep tone to it now and I want it louder, and Is the Power really noticible in feeling it? Thanx guys, would apprecate the feedback.

Nick
Old 11-23-2002, 10:29 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

Re: Warpspeed Y Pipe! Y Pipe in General?

hehe no complaints. hey buddy, youre going to need to replace that aluminum pipe in about two years. the ss doesnt rust. btw there is no problems with the budget and its made of ss for only 160 (if you ask them specifically for it.)

do a search on warspeed, a lot of people have had problems with them. anywhere from bees in the can to delivery&billing issues.

enjoy your y wherever you get it, its a great part to add to your car.

siler
Old 11-23-2002, 10:37 AM

WSP welding

JetBlackMax, the guy Lynne referred to is brother Spike. He recently moved to Arkansas from Minnesota. With him welding full time we are now for the first time actually able to have an inventory of MIG welded pipes on hand. Spike is a certified welder with 20+ years of welding/machining experience.Catching up on the TIG welded versions is now much closer as well.
Having Spike in the shop daily is allowing Dallas to spend time finishing up on other projects like radial arms and other non Maxima projects.
Our goal is to have around 48 hours turn around time on MIG welded y-pipes. We have even shipped some same day. Keeping items in stock is not easy as vendors are late and items do not get shipped to us as promised. Spike also has a degree in materials management, so we are tapping in on these skills as well.Out of stock items like CAIs and b-pipes, catback systems are problems we are working to avoid.
Also, if you have ideas of things we could add to our line please e-mail me @ truaxdan@mn.astound.net Thanks to Maxima.org members like Maximamike, Matt93SE and others we have been able to expand what is now offered to Maxima enthusiasts.

Thanks for all your support.

Dan WSP
Old 11-23-2002, 11:00 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

Re: WSP welding

oh, i didnt mean to diss, i was just warning him about what people have said in the past
Old 11-23-2002, 11:05 AM

Re: Re: Warpspeed Y Pipe! Y Pipe in General?

Originally posted by slimer
hehe no complaints. hey buddy, youre going to need to replace that aluminum pipe in about two years. the ss doesnt rust
Aluminum pipe?

It's aluminized steel. It's mild steel with a protective aluminized coating. This stuff lasts a really long time.

Old rear wheel drive V8's with single exhaust have had y-pipes since day one. I've never had to replace a y-pipe on one of these vehicles.

The water that condenses in the exhaust caused the pipe to rust from the inside out. Since the exhaust is still VERY hot while in the y-pipe, no moisture is condensing out. This happens mostly in the muffler and tailpipe. You'll replace several mufflers and tailpipes before a y-pipe gives out.... even a mild steel (non aluminized) unit.

The origainal y-pipe on my 86' 224,000 mile Pontiac Parisienne is still in perfect shape... even though it's gone through a few mufflers and a couple tailpipes.

Good Luck!
Old 11-23-2002, 11:09 AM

Warpspeed is able to have an inventory of y-pipes because everyone is buying the Budget!
It is 304 SS painted, mandrel bent for $160 shipped! SAME performance as all other y-pipes. Why would anyone buy a Warpspeed, Cattman or Stillen??

Old 11-23-2002, 09:35 PM

Originally posted by araffio
Warpspeed is able to have an inventory of y-pipes because everyone is buying the Budget!
It is 304 SS painted, mandrel bent for $160 shipped! SAME performance as all other y-pipes. Why would anyone buy a Warpspeed, Cattman or Stillen??

Thank you dan. Why dont I buy a Budget Y pipe? Because Ive got a close friend from the org, that has had the Warpspeed Y pipe for awhile now and told me its a really good pipe, and over have told me the same. Lets put it this way....Budget is the cheapest, Warpspeed is next, then Stillen, Then Cattman. Why go with Budget? Why go with any of them? Because its a chance that I wanna take. And I dont know what that guys talking about when he said there is lots of problems with WSPs Y pipes? The only problem Ive read about them, is the long time it takes to ship. If you read Dans post, or even read mines from what Ive herd from Lynn, that problem has be fixed. The Only problem that I actually see from WSP, is there website. I actually wish I can re-design the damn thing because its a bit hard to understand and hard to find specific things.

And to that guy that explained the aluminum Y pipe is coated, thanx man, for defending me. Ive also herd the Stock Pipe is aluminized Steel also. and how long does that last? hmmmmmm Thank you.

Sorry guys, Not a budget fan here, you get what you pay for, and Stillens and Cattmans prices are just to high, but everyone knows there reputation. So Im going with Warpspeed. Ive been waiting for Months to get WSP's pipe, and Im finally gettin it.

Thanx guys.

Nick
Old 11-23-2002, 09:39 PM

Re: Warpspeed Y Pipe! Y Pipe in General?

Get the SS I also got their B-Pipe with the resonator and I def. feel the power ( I was sceptical at first but it made me a believer) It s great sounds really nice.
Old 11-23-2002, 10:59 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

I orderd a budget y pipe and got it in 5 days. fits perfect. Sounds fine.
I orderd a WPS Y pipe and waited....and waited....and waited...and waited...............
Old 11-24-2002, 06:30 AM

I like my WSP Y. I have a similar setup to you if you want to hear some audio, I can try to take some this week.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:05 PM

i ordered my warpspeed y ss, and got it in 4 days. now gotta get it installed.....
Old 11-24-2002, 10:47 PM

I got the wsp y-pipe for $195 + s/h - good pipe; I've have no c/o and have heard of none except waits. Budget sounds like a tempting alternative - if they've fixed the problem take a little chance and save $50 if your "budget" is tight.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by I30tMikeD
I orderd a budget y pipe and got it in 5 days. fits perfect. Sounds fine.
I orderd a WPS Y pipe and waited....and waited....and waited...and waited...............
I waited about 2 weeks for my Y but my B-pipe took like month and a half but I think that it was worth it they don't really have enough people working there so I can understand it plus its American Made so that's why I was patient.