4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New Supercharger or Turbo Kit for 4th Gens???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 04:41 PM
Banned

New Supercharger or Turbo Kit for 4th Gens???

Hey guys. Most of you probably haven't seen our post in the 5th gen forum. One of our manufacturers are coming out with a Aqua-cooled Supercharger Kit for the 3.5L 2002+ Maxima... along with the new V6 Altima, Infiniti G35, Infinity I35, and of course the new 350Z. These kits are already under development and should be ready for sale by April 2003. While I was talking to our sales rep from Alpine Developments (Stephen Belanger), I popped up the question, "Is there anyway you can produce a Turbo Kit or a Supercharger Kit for the 1995-1999 Maxima?" He said, "Of course." He told me to get on the horn here on the forum and to let you guys know about our conversation. He said if he gets enough e-mails and he sees how much they're in demand he will make it. Now there are GREAT advantages of these Supercharger kits he's producing for the new 2002+ Maxima that will come with the Supercharger or Turbo Kits for the 1995-1999 Maxima Kits.

1. This is one of the best points to make. THESE SUPERCHARGER or TURBO KITS COME WITH A 3-YEAR/36,000 MILE POWERTRAIN WARRANTY!!! In case some of you don't know what that means... it means if you blow your engine with this Supercharger or Turbo kit... Alpine Developments will replace your engine and Supercharger or Turbocharger Kit... FREE. Now the Extended Warranty ($200-$300) is only available to people who have less than 50,000 miles on their car. The only catch is that you can only buy the SC or Turbo Upgrades through them or it will void the warranty. To Validate the Warranty you would have to get the kit installed by an Alpine Developments certified installer... OR... if you do it yourself, you would call an 800 number and an Alpine representative/technician will come to you and inspect how you installed it and validate your warranty right there.

2. Stephen from Alpine Developments also mentioned to me that NISMO approached him about these kits. Now if NISMO covers the cost of all development... guess what... these kits will be renamed as NISMO SuperCharger Kits instead of Alpine Developments. If this happens, Alpine Developments will have to train a lot of Nissan Dealership Technicians of how to install these kits because they will be available from Nissan Dealerships across the country.

3. Suggested retail price for the Supercharger Kit is $3,100-$3,300. No idea how much for a Turbo Kit because their not making one for the new V6's. They're only making the Turbo Kits for the 2002 Sentra Spec-V and the 2002 2.5L 4cyl. Altima. That price definitly isn't bad epecially since it covers your engine under warranty. But if this becomes a reality you can deffinitly count on MAXX TUNING USA to get a Group Deal going on this.

If you'd like this to become a reality to 4th gens please E-mail Stephen Belanger at sbelanger@alpine-developments.us and inquire about a boosting application for the 1995-1999 Nissan Maxima. REMEMBER There should be no questions about coming out with a kit for 2002+ Maximas because they're already going into development. Hopefully you guys can get this done for yourselves.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:12 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

emailed
Old 11-25-2002, 05:18 PM
Administrator

you need to fix your homepage in your profile..
Old 11-25-2002, 05:18 PM

Holy Powershift batman!!

This kit better be for Automatics, or it will be useless..

Old 11-25-2002, 06:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mtrai760
emailed

What he said....
Old 11-25-2002, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by gtr_rider
Holy Powershift batman!!

I second this, there are many potential buyers that own automatics.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:43 PM
Ramius83

Emailed......

Old 11-25-2002, 07:17 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Originally posted by gtr_rider
Holy Powershift batman!!

Automatics are useless

MaxximumTuning, what kind of setup will it be, roots or centrifigul? I'm assuming it'll be much like Stillen's (Vortechs) blower, where it builds power to redline. A new type of blower would be cool. Who's going to be the manufactorer? I love how the Eaton blowers sound.
Old 11-25-2002, 08:29 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Found a website. Is this the company?

http://www.alpine-developments.co.za/
Old 11-26-2002, 12:26 AM
Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac. Prounced Ii-eee-ack.

emailed
Old 11-26-2002, 08:10 AM
Redlinemax Owner

this sounds great!! but i get no warranty i have 60,000 on my car!
Old 11-26-2002, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by Redmax
this sounds great!! but i get no warranty i have 60,000 on my car!
EMAIL SENT!
Old 11-26-2002, 08:36 AM

I love this quot from their website on the "Advantages"

GREATER ACCELERATION FOR SAFER OVERTAKING.

Maybe I can get this one by the wife as a safety enhancement!
Old 11-26-2002, 08:39 AM

alpine makes roots s/c systems. so you centrifugal guys will have to stick with vortech.
Old 11-26-2002, 08:41 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Ha ha, that excuse worked with mine for the LSD tranny 'it's safer in the rain!

Originally posted by ORBRIT
Maybe I can get this one by the wife as a safety enhancement!
Old 11-26-2002, 08:49 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV

I think so, if you go to Contact/United States
All the emails have the same link tag at the end
Old 11-26-2002, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by dert111
alpine makes roots s/c systems. so you centrifugal guys will have to stick with vortech.
Hmmmm....from what i've gathered roots type systems won't fit under our hood without significant hood work. That and the 5spd Max already has plenty of 1st gear power...a roots blower might do more to harm then help in this torquey little FWDer.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:41 AM

This is very cool.

SuDZ
Old 11-26-2002, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV

Thats it.

Also Redmax... you and everyone else over 50,000 miles get a 3-year/36,000 mile powertrain warranty... you just cant buy the extended (Factory bumper to bumper) warranty.
Old 11-26-2002, 09:46 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Hmmmm....from what i've gathered roots type systems won't fit under our hood without significant hood work. That and the 5spd Max already has plenty of 1st gear power...a roots blower might do more to harm then help in this torquey little FWDer.
The kits coming for the 3.5L Maximas will adapt the SC with the intake manifold. If they cant deal with the clearance issues... then maybe they'll go down the Turbo road.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:07 AM

emailed also
Old 11-26-2002, 10:14 AM

emailed. asked for 4th gen automatic kit.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:56 AM

Looks like they will get at least a few e-mails.

SuDZ
Old 11-26-2002, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by Craig Mack

Automatics are useless

MaxximumTuning, what kind of setup will it be, roots or centrifigul? I'm assuming it'll be much like Stillen's (Vortechs) blower, where it builds power to redline. A new type of blower would be cool. Who's going to be the manufactorer? I love how the Eaton blowers sound.
The kit will fit auto or stick. The application will not be affected by which type of trany you have. I spoke w.Stephen @ Alpine and if he gets enough e-mails then he'll produce it. The application will consist of a Eaton Supercharger with liquid to air intercooler. He already has it for a few Nissan applications and if this response is good then he'll put one together for the 95-99 Max. He is currently putting together the 5th gen kit and 2.5L for SPEC-V and Altima 4CYL. He will indeed waranty all of his kits with the option for extended waranty for cars that apply. Please bug the schitt out of this company so those who want reliability and hp can get it.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:33 AM

Supercharger kit for 3.1-3.3K!

30k warranty

2-300 dollar extended warranty with a FI engine

Either way I'd be interested, make it a turbo kit and I'll buy it no doubt.

My e-mail's on the way!!
Old 11-26-2002, 11:36 AM

Wow! Simply amazing that they have such a warranty. There aren't many companies that will promise such a warranty and even fewer that will honour it!

Seems a lot of people are now coming out with kits!
Old 11-26-2002, 12:18 PM

Originally posted by 420MAX
The kit will fit auto or stick. The application will not be affected by which type of trany you have. I spoke w.Stephen @ Alpine and if he gets enough e-mails then he'll produce it. The application will consist of a Eaton Supercharger with liquid to air intercooler. He already has it for a few Nissan applications and if this response is good then he'll put one together for the 95-99 Max. He is currently putting together the 5th gen kit and 2.5L for SPEC-V and Altima 4CYL. He will indeed waranty all of his kits with the option for extended waranty for cars that apply. Please bug the schitt out of this company so those who want reliability and hp can get it.
Damnet! Eaton blowers sound soo good....I am 99% it won't be a roots type though, probubly will be very similer to Vortechs. Too bad only God knows how long this new SC is going to take to get produced, becuase if it was available now i'd get it.
Old 11-26-2002, 11:01 PM

now

possible future
Old 11-27-2002, 07:14 AM

emailed for turbo kit
Old 11-27-2002, 08:41 AM

Too bad I just bought the Stillen Kit

Maybe if I get a 2K3, I'll get one (esp. if it's a TURBO )
Old 11-27-2002, 10:35 AM

around what psi would the turbo and s/c be running at "straight out of the box?" and whould we be able to buy different pulleys from this company? i have a 96 auto, should i go with turbo or s/c? and i sent my e-mail too.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:03 PM
Banned

Well I know he said the standard boost is about 5 psi but you can ask in your e-mail the exact psi. You would be able to buy different pulleys etc. when they come out with upgrades.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by MaxximumTuning
Well I know he said the standard boost is about 5 psi but you can ask in your e-mail the exact psi. You would be able to buy different pulleys etc. when they come out with upgrades.
5 sounds about right. Most companies dont want to go much higher due to liability. Doesnt the stillen setup start at around that as well?

SuDZ
Old 11-27-2002, 05:09 PM

People keep sending e-mails, they responded , and they are almost convinced...they dident say weather they would make a turbo or superC but they will know by april
Old 11-27-2002, 05:13 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ

5 sounds about right. Most companies dont want to go much higher due to liability. Doesnt the stillen setup start at around that as well?

SuDZ
I believe its 6.5 for the stillen s/c

I sent an email
Old 11-27-2002, 05:19 PM

Emailed Steve

Originally posted by MaxSpeedSE
People keep sending e-mails, they responded , and they are almost convinced...they dident say weather they would make a turbo or superC but they will know by april
I just sent an email to Steve
Old 11-27-2002, 05:38 PM

I SENT MY EMAIL AND GOT ONE BACK:
Had to shorten it...

First off, please accept my apologies for not replying in my normal timely manner, but we have been inundated with inquiries since returning from the SEMA Show.

Second, I also must apologize for this lengthy form letter, but because of the shear number of Nissan inquiries I've received just in the last two days (congratulate yourselves---over 50 inquiries!!), I would be here through all of the Thanksgiving holiday if I tried to answer each one individually. So, I'm trying to answer all of your questions (even anticipated ones) with this one reply as best I can.

I'll begin by giving you some background on who S.A. Alpine Developments Inc. is ('cause most of you are wondering "just who the hell are these guys, and where did they come from?"). Alpine Developments has been in business over 22 years based out of S. Africa, making O.E. compliant turbo charger and supercharger kits for, and serving all of Africa, the middle East, Europe, Asia Minor, southern Asia, Australia and New Zealand, both in the aftermarket and O.E. (with Nissan, Fiat, Renault, Peugeot, Alfa Romeo, Toyota, Hyundai and many others). Only within the last six years has Alpine started using the Eaton superchargers (the ONLY O.E. approved supercharger, used by Ford, Pontiac, Buick, Jaguar, Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes Benz, Aston Martin...). We're the guys who make half of the applications for TRD! No other manufacturer in the world has more experience in forced induction applications than Alpine Developments has.

Here's a little background on me, hopefully to reinforce what I bring to the table, and why Alpine hired me to run their U.S. operations here. In the late 70's, I was the California factory rep for Blaupunkt (division of Robert Bosch). In the early 80's, had my own company called Pacific Motoring Accessories in San Diego and was an exclusive importer for companies like Zender, Momo, Alpina, ABT, Otteniger, etc., and prototyped a Magnacharger (forerunner of the Eaton supercharger) on VW Rabbits. In the mid 80's to early 90's, was the designer/engineer-sales/marketing guy for Xenon (urethane ground effects manufacturer). Then, for 8 years was the VP at Turbo Magazine/Import Tuner Magazine/Today's Truck & SUV Magazine (Import Tuner was my idea!), then went to Y-Visionary (which already had Drag Racer Magazine) and started Street Trucks and Import Racer Magazines. Then I retired! I came out of retirement to handle the banner advertising for Speedoptions.com, and waited for over a year for Alpine to get it's funding together, and viola! Here I am in a position to "rock" the forced induction market here in the states!!!!

I won't bore you folks with all of the different applications we are currently in development on, but focus just on the Nissan applications that NISMO wants, and you've expressed an interest in.

3.3L (V6) `00-`03 Nissan X-Terra/Frontier Supercharger Kit
Our new supercharger kit, which is still in development (using the Eaton "roots type" blower) for the Nissan Frontier/Xterra (may fit older Pathfinders--will test fit soon), has been meticulously designed and engineered for optimum performance and reliability, without any other modifications needed. Preliminary dyno tests on this kit on our `03 Xterra yielded a peak increase of over 47-HP & 37-ft/lbs. of torque to the wheels with just a little over 5-lbs./psi of boost.

The kit will come complete with everything needed to install yourself, and come pre-assembled from us as much as possible. The kit has not been CARB certified yet, but is scheduled for testing, and anticipate certification in the next month or two. The price for this kit is $2700 (with a price increase to $2900 January 1, 2003)

3.5L (V6) Nissan `01-`03 Altima/Maxima/`03 350Z/Infiniti G35/I35 Aqua-cooled Supercharger Kit

We plan to start development of the 3.5L Aqua-cooled supercharger on a 350Z (has the lowest hood clearance) sometime near the end of December. This kit will probably be using the Eaton MP90 (new 5th gen.) roots type blower, with the self contained aqua-cooler system, with the heat exchanger built in to the intake plenum (like our 2.7L Hyundai application). Running about only 5-lbs/psi of boost, we should be able to produce close to 60-hp gain at the wheels, hopefully without any ECU management (but can if needed)! As with the above application, we will develop a stage one, and possible stage two "official" upgrades once the kit has been CARB certified as well. If all goes as planned on this application, look for it's availability around the tail end of April `03.

1.8L (I4) Nissan Sentra Turbo w/Intercooler Kit

3.0L (V6) `95-`99 Nissan Maxima?

We had not planned on doing an application for this vehicle, but after the last several days worth of e-mails, may have to concede a strong need for this application. If the flood of inquiries for this model continue, we WILL look at doing something for this vehicle, but because of all of the other projects currently in development at this time, realistically, could not even begin until sometime in late April. So, keep those inquiries coming!

Price?

Although it's way too early to set a price on these applications, we don't anticipate any of these kits selling for more than $3200 suggested retail (the 1.8L turbo kit should be less than $3000), and that includes everything you would need to install yourself!

Shipping & Packaging

We are now using Fed-Ex Ground Service as our regular carrier, and have found them to offer not only better care and handling of our products, but in most cases, are less expensive than UPS. All shipments will be insured at their retail value. All of our systems are pre-assembled as much as possible, and shipped complete in one box (typically 28"x 18"x 18" w/hand-grip cutouts), and average in weight between 50-to-90-lbs, with custom Styrofoam packaging to insure our products arrive intact.

Warranty

All of our non-CARB approved applications carry a "1-Year / Unlimited Mileage" warranty against defects in materials and workmanship (unless otherwise specified). Any omission or addition of parts, deviation or modification to our kit from its original intent, design, and installation instructions, or any additional modifications that may affect the performance and reliability of our kit as intended, will void this warranty.

We are still hammering out the fine print at this point in time, but anticipate having a "3-Year / 36,000 Mile Power Train" backed by Dell Financial Services (same people who back GM's warranties) in place before the end of this year. A Dell Financial representative or an "Authorized Alpine Developments Installation Facility" (which you can apply for) will be the only ones who can sign off on this. This may include and cover "official" upgrades from Alpine Developments . Details on this will be forwarded to you when this has been finalized.

Even more good news...we will be offering an optional "extended warranty" on the basic kit (no modifications at all) that can be purchased at the time of purchase of our kits, or up to 90 days after purchase of our kit, that will match the remaining factory power train warranty as long as the vehicle has less than 50,000 miles on it. (The price for this will vary depending on the length of the factory warranty being matched, but don't anticipate it being more than an extra $200-to-$300.) The details of this are not all set yet, but as with the other warranty, will have to be "signed off" by a Dell Financial representative, or "Authorized Alpine Developments Installation Facility". We should have all this in place by the first of the year, and should be available to existing owners prior to it being available! Unfortunately, any upgrades (even our own "official" upgrades) will not be covered by this extended warranty package. Again, details on this will be forwarded to you when this has been finalized as well.

I am already on several "Hyundai", and now "Toyota" websites, but don't think I will have the time to post on each and everyone (besides, there are only two full-time employees here now, plus the owner from S. Africa and one engineer/technician) and would appreciate if you could post this letter on your sites for me, to pass this information on to those who've not e-mailed me yet!

Again, thank you for your tremendous response, and you should congratulate yourselves! (who says your voice can't be heard?). I will keep all of your inquiries in separate "Nissan" folders, and send you any new "updates" to all of you on each application mentioned above when we have any more information to pass along. In the meantime, don't hesitate to contact us if you should have any other questions or concerns. I look forward to hearing back from you all soon!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:41 PM

Here is what the email says..

It says to post on the org to give those an idea that havent sent an email which you should do as well .. I cropped it to the part that concerns us in general since it was too large to paste the entire email..

First off, please accept my apologies for not replying in my normal timely manner, but we have been inundated with inquiries since returning from the SEMA Show.

Second, I also must apologize for this lengthy form letter, but because of the shear number of Nissan inquiries I've received just in the last two days (congratulate yourselves---over 50 inquiries!!), I would be here through all of the Thanksgiving holiday if I tried to answer each one individually. So, I'm trying to answer all of your questions (even anticipated ones) with this one reply as best I can.

I'll begin by giving you some background on who S.A. Alpine Developments Inc. is ('cause most of you are wondering "just who the hell are these guys, and where did they come from?"). Alpine Developments has been in business over 22 years based out of S. Africa, making O.E. compliant turbo charger and supercharger kits for, and serving all of Africa, the middle East, Europe, Asia Minor, southern Asia, Australia and New Zealand, both in the aftermarket and O.E. (with Nissan, Fiat, Renault, Peugeot, Alfa Romeo, Toyota, Hyundai and many others). Only within the last six years has Alpine started using the Eaton superchargers (the ONLY O.E. approved supercharger, used by Ford, Pontiac, Buick, Jaguar, Nissan, Toyota, Mercedes Benz, Aston Martin...). We're the guys who make half of the applications for TRD! No other manufacturer in the world has more experience in forced induction applications than Alpine Developments has.

Here's a little background on me, hopefully to reinforce what I bring to the table, and why Alpine hired me to run their U.S. operations here. In the late 70's, I was the California factory rep for Blaupunkt (division of Robert Bosch). In the early 80's, had my own company called Pacific Motoring Accessories in San Diego and was an exclusive importer for companies like Zender, Momo, Alpina, ABT, Otteniger, etc., and prototyped a Magnacharger (forerunner of the Eaton supercharger) on VW Rabbits. In the mid 80's to early 90's, was the designer/engineer-sales/marketing guy for Xenon (urethane ground effects manufacturer). Then, for 8 years was the VP at Turbo Magazine/Import Tuner Magazine/Today's Truck & SUV Magazine (Import Tuner was my idea!), then went to Y-Visionary (which already had Drag Racer Magazine) and started Street Trucks and Import Racer Magazines. Then I retired! I came out of retirement to handle the banner advertising for Speedoptions.com, and waited for over a year for Alpine to get it's funding together, and viola! Here I am in a position to "rock" the forced induction market here in the states!!!!

I won't bore you folks with all of the different applications we are currently in development on, but focus just on the Nissan applications that NISMO wants, and you've expressed an interest in.

3.5L (V6) Nissan `01-`03 Altima/Maxima/`03 350Z/Infiniti G35/I35 Aqua-cooled Supercharger Kit

We plan to start development of the 3.5L Aqua-cooled supercharger on a 350Z (has the lowest hood clearance) sometime near the end of December. This kit will probably be using the Eaton MP90 (new 5th gen.) roots type blower, with the self contained aqua-cooler system, with the heat exchanger built in to the intake plenum (like our 2.7L Hyundai application). Running about only 5-lbs/psi of boost, we should be able to produce close to 60-hp gain at the wheels, hopefully without any ECU management (but can if needed)! As with the above application, we will develop a stage one, and possible stage two "official" upgrades once the kit has been CARB certified as well. If all goes as planned on this application, look for it's availability around the tail end of April `03.

3.0L (V6) `95-`99 Nissan Maxima?

We had not planned on doing an application for this vehicle, but after the last several days worth of e-mails, may have to concede a strong need for this application. If the flood of inquiries for this model continue, we WILL look at doing something for this vehicle, but because of all of the other projects currently in development at this time, realistically, could not even begin until sometime in late April. So, keep those inquiries coming!

Price?

Although it's way too early to set a price on these applications, we don't anticipate any of these kits selling for more than $3200 suggested retail (the 1.8L turbo kit should be less than $3000), and that includes everything you would need to install yourself!

Shipping & Packaging

We are now using Fed-Ex Ground Service as our regular carrier, and have found them to offer not only better care and handling of our products, but in most cases, are less expensive than UPS. All shipments will be insured at their retail value. All of our systems are pre-assembled as much as possible, and shipped complete in one box (typically 28"x 18"x 18" w/hand-grip cutouts), and average in weight between 50-to-90-lbs, with custom Styrofoam packaging to insure our products arrive intact.

Warranty

All of our non-CARB approved applications carry a "1-Year / Unlimited Mileage" warranty against defects in materials and workmanship (unless otherwise specified). Any omission or addition of parts, deviation or modification to our kit from its original intent, design, and installation instructions, or any additional modifications that may affect the performance and reliability of our kit as intended, will void this warranty.

We are still hammering out the fine print at this point in time, but anticipate having a "3-Year / 36,000 Mile Power Train" backed by Dell Financial Services (same people who back GM's warranties) in place before the end of this year. A Dell Financial representative or an "Authorized Alpine Developments Installation Facility" (which you can apply for) will be the only ones who can sign off on this. This may include and cover "official" upgrades from Alpine Developments . Details on this will be forwarded to you when this has been finalized.

Even more good news...we will be offering an optional "extended warranty" on the basic kit (no modifications at all) that can be purchased at the time of purchase of our kits, or up to 90 days after purchase of our kit, that will match the remaining factory power train warranty as long as the vehicle has less than 50,000 miles on it. (The price for this will vary depending on the length of the factory warranty being matched, but don't anticipate it being more than an extra $200-to-$300.) The details of this are not all set yet, but as with the other warranty, will have to be "signed off" by a Dell Financial representative, or "Authorized Alpine Developments Installation Facility". We should have all this in place by the first of the year, and should be available to existing owners prior to it being available! Unfortunately, any upgrades (even our own "official" upgrades) will not be covered by this extended warranty package. Again, details on this will be forwarded to you when this has been finalized as well.

Again, thank you for your tremendous response, and you should congratulate yourselves! (who says your voice can't be heard?). I will keep all of your inquiries in separate "Nissan" folders, and send you any new "updates" to all of you on each application mentioned above when we have any more information to pass along. In the meantime, don't hesitate to contact us if you should have any other questions or concerns. I look forward to hearing back from you all soon!

Stephen M. Belanger
Sales & Marketing
S.A. Alpine Developments, Inc.
7581 Acacia Avenue
Garden Grove, Ca. 92841
sbelanger@alpine-developments.us
www.alpine-developments.co.za
Ph (714) 379-8066
Fx (714) 379-8166
----- Original Message -----
PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO HIM!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 06:53 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

I got that email as well, Everyone email him!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 06:55 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

emailed

Quick Reply: New Supercharger or Turbo Kit for 4th Gens???