4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Top 6 Reasons I chose not to buy a `95 Maxima that I had hoped to buy today

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 03:39 PM

Top 6 Reasons I chose not to buy a `95 Maxima that I had hoped to buy today

Here are my top 5 reasons for not buying a car that you're thinking of buying:

* Upon arriving at the lot the salesman says, "oh, the bucket seats should be back in an hour".

* When noting that the power steering pump and the manual transaxle was leaky, the salesman says, "oh, that's to be expected from a car with 177,000 miles...one must expect a bit of drippity drippty".

* When noting that the tires were balder than a babie's a$$, the salesman says, "oh, there are plenty of miles left on those tires".

* When noting the crushed rear end and busted tail light, the saleman says, "oh, the price has been reduced to reflect those faults".

* When the salesman has to SHAQ slam the fricken hood down to get it to shut.

* When the salesman offers, "the sunroof has been recently adjusted, (with a smile on his face...as though I should be pleased to have heard this).

This was a true story that I experienced today. I was told that the car was "perfect" which is why I drove the 60 miles to check the car out....LOL.
Old 11-26-2002, 03:41 PM

Re: Top 6 Reasons I chose not to buy a `95 Maxima that I had hoped to buy today

Originally posted by maxi-freak

* Upon arriving at the lot the salesman says, "oh, the bucket seats should be back in an hour".

* When noting that the power steering pump and the manual transaxle was leaky, the salesman says, "oh, that's to be expected from a car with 177,000 miles...one must expect a bit of drippity drippty".

* When noting that the tires were balder than a babie's a$$, the salesman says, "oh, there are plenty of miles left on those tires".

* When noting the crushed rear end and busted tail light, the saleman says, "oh, the price has been reduced to reflect those faults".

* When the salesman offers, "the sunroof has been recently adjusted, (with a smile on his face...as though I should be pleased to have heard this).

This was a true story that I experienced today. I was told that the car was "perfect" which is why I drove the 60 miles to check the car out....LOL.
Perfect is appearently very vauge to them over there huh?

SuDZ
Old 11-26-2002, 04:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

HA HA HA

I needed to laugh!
Old 11-26-2002, 04:40 PM

He didn't really say "drippity drippty" did he. That alone would make me run from the car
Old 11-26-2002, 04:41 PM

Man, I think I would have slapped the dude silly for saying that crap...what a moron!
Old 11-26-2002, 05:12 PM
aka UNCDooD

what a moron. just buy a 3rd gen for cheap off of ebay. I saw a decent looking gray 92 SE 5-speed on there earlier today. still had like 5 days of auctioning left on it.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:19 PM
I need a truck

oh man, thats classic
Old 11-26-2002, 05:32 PM

Old 11-26-2002, 05:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you shoulda told the salesman to pay for the gas you wasted driving out to see the POS.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:40 PM

Re: Re: Top 6 Reasons I chose not to buy a `95 Maxima that I had hoped to buy today

Originally posted by iwannabmw

He didn't really say "drippity drippty" did he. That alone would make me run from the car
He did actually say "drippity drippty"!!! I've never been handed such bullcrap in my life. It's almost like I had IDIOT tatooed to my head.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:33 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

lol

yea
sucks

they do this on the phone because there is a better chance that you will come in and take a look at it and possibly still buy it.. rather then him telling you it has all those problems which is an instant turnoff for the buyer...
I hate salesmen in general, they lure you in and try to trick you, it's a whole game they run on buyers.. that's what they are being paid to do..
Old 11-26-2002, 08:17 PM
Sports Button FTW

YO, I'm TEARING OVER HERE, NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 08:24 PM

LOL thats hillarious.........how much were they asking for?
Old 11-26-2002, 08:26 PM
Granny Driven

buy cars from me. My Z maybe???
Old 11-26-2002, 08:38 PM

I love seeing what BS salesmen can come up with at the lot!
Old 11-27-2002, 03:41 AM

dripitty drippity? rememebr Ol' Drippy from Aqua Teen Force? hehe...

if you never saw that im sorry

- M
Old 11-27-2002, 04:50 AM

That's absolutely hilarious. What an amazing idiot to think that anyone would buy that line of BS.....and car salesmen wonder why people think they are at the bottom of the food chain.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:55 AM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
LOL thats hillarious.........how much were they asking for?
Hi 95emeraldgxe,

He was asking 5K for it, but I got him down to a drive out price over the phone at 4.5K. The picture looked great on-line. That is still a low price for that car...I was a bit suspicious.
Old 11-27-2002, 06:31 AM
I'm so hood

That reminds me when I was trying to look for 5-speed maximas. First one I looked at, I called..."So this is a 5-speed SE Maxima?" "Yea, it's a fully-loaded 5-speed Maxima"

I go there and it's a base 96 GXE with chrome car and driver hubbies, pep boys pedals, cigarrette burns in the cloth, and one of those light-up shift ***** that looks like a ghetto candy dispenser or somethin. I think it even had chrome door mats...65k on it, and they wanted like, $13k.

The best part was the guy telling me "One of the guys in our service department is the only prior owner! Man, he took real good care of the car...but I'm sure you can tell that."

Old 11-27-2002, 06:58 AM

That's funny $***
Who the **** sells a car with so many problems and tries to make you feel like you're buying a good car.
dripitty drippity
Old 11-27-2002, 11:03 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i bought my beater 95 SE 5 speed, no options, 70K for $7300 a year ago.....dirty/neglected condition i thought the price was ok. i asked if it was a smokers car over the phone and he said no...i could have rolled a whole pack of marbies from the ash on the floor....lyin' ba$tard. i cleaned it up, drove it for a year and broke even.

This year I bought a 96 se, loaded, great shape from the original owner who had all the maintenance done by his dealer, 97K on the clock, off EBAY for $6900

$5K for a car with 177,000, and that list of issues...thats obscene. wish him luck and be on your way.
Old 11-27-2002, 11:48 AM

I agree with iwannabmw, any dealer that says drippity drippity will either meet 5 knuckles from the right, or I'm packing up and getting outta dodge

Probably the funniest thing I read all day
Old 11-27-2002, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Rogo98SE
That's funny $***
Who the **** sells a car with so many problems and tries to make you feel like you're buying a good car.
dripitty drippity
Anyone who is trying to make a sale.

SuDZ
Old 11-27-2002, 12:28 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i take it this wasn't a nisaan dealer
Old 11-27-2002, 12:41 PM
xarfox

i would have stuck him in the trunk before leaving

"Hey look at the trunk carpets....its in great ::SLAM:: condition"

Old 11-27-2002, 02:35 PM
aka UNCDooD

Originally posted by NickStam
i take it this wasn't a nisaan dealer

i hope it wasn't!
Old 11-27-2002, 03:14 PM
Sports Button FTW

car sales men are so worthless, i remember before buying this car i have now, i went through autotrader and found a maxima, 97 SE fully loaded, IMMACULATE condition and everything, i go down to see it and the leather is good, the car doesn't look bad except the huge *** dint near the gas tank, the F'ed up trunk which u needed 3 steps just to open and super rusted rotors that sang to you in such a delightful meloy when you drove the car...

GARBAGE
Old 11-27-2002, 03:21 PM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

hilarious....

another one... i was recently with my friend looking for a car for him. He found himself a 99 saturn 5 speed for $7700. When he asked the salesman about the car, the guy gave us this line on how HE was the original owner of the car, etc., etc.....well, my friend asks to test drive it, which is cool, but the dealership has a staging area where they bring the cars to before they put on the dealers plates....so we all climb in the car, and the salesman jumps in the drivers seat, and says it's company policy that all salespeople have to bring the cars to said staging area. Well, this dumbass couldn't find the lights or wipers, then stalled out twice, and almost crashed into a new car when he was looking down at the shifter, trying to find second gear. He was nervously laughing about the entire time, until i pointed out that someone who traded the car in should know where all the buttons and **** are and that he should at least know how to drive a stick shift. He shut up after that.
Old 11-27-2002, 05:57 PM
xarfox

Originally posted by fearthegecko
hilarious....

another one... i was recently with my friend looking for a car for him. He found himself a 99 saturn 5 speed for $7700. When he asked the salesman about the car, the guy gave us this line on how HE was the original owner of the car, etc., etc.....well, my friend asks to test drive it, which is cool, but the dealership has a staging area where they bring the cars to before they put on the dealers plates....so we all climb in the car, and the salesman jumps in the drivers seat, and says it's company policy that all salespeople have to bring the cars to said staging area. Well, this dumbass couldn't find the lights or wipers, then stalled out twice, and almost crashed into a new car when he was looking down at the shifter, trying to find second gear. He was nervously laughing about the entire time, until i pointed out that someone who traded the car in should know where all the buttons and **** are and that he should at least know how to drive a stick shift. He shut up after that.
way to go , i love contradictions

stupid salesmen