4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

GRRR...first accident tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002 | 03:15 PM

GRRR...first accident tonight!

I am soooooo mad/sad right now!!!!!! I got my max into an minor fender bender tonight and its my first one ever. I was at a red light, there was a civic infront of me and i leaned over to look under the passenger side of the dash because the neon went out. While looking, I ended up letting off the brake and my car rolled right into the honda, so I felt this big bang and knew I hit her. I have a '95 and since they dont have the reinforced bumpers and all of that, how bad do you think the damage might be underneath? The liscense plate is pushed into the bumper and one of my home depot grills fell out or is wedged in the back of her car... And its night here so I cant really see anything wrong except for the plate being moved. I hope nothing is wrong or at least not too much.
Justin
Old 12-03-2002 | 04:08 PM

that sucks man... soo why did the neon go out?
Old 12-03-2002 | 04:16 PM
Sin

No Offence . . .

or anything, but that was a pretty stupid accident on your part. Would it have killed you to wait till you could stop somewhere safe? How important is neon for driving man?

Honestly, I can't understand why people (not you specifically, but the average North American driver) are so ignorant as to how to operate a vehicle safely.

Just imagine, instead of nudging another car, a child was crossing the street. Need I say more?
Old 12-03-2002 | 04:58 PM

Re: No Offence . . .

Originally posted by Sin
or anything, but that was a pretty stupid accident on your part. Would it have killed you to wait till you could stop somewhere safe? How important is neon for driving man?

Honestly, I can't understand why people (not you specifically, but the average North American driver) are so ignorant as to how to operate a vehicle safely.

Just imagine, instead of nudging another car, a child was crossing the street. Need I say more?
Us American's are pretty f*cking stupid, huh. Goddam*it, I can't even stand to live with myself while I still have American citizenship! We really are the only people on earth that make mistakes. And don't even get me started on car accidents...There hasn't been a car accident in England, where the lanes are 3 feet wide with no shoulders, in like 10-15 years. The "average North American" truly is an ignorant f*ck, and NONE of us know how to operate a vehicle properly. Good thing there wasn't a child walking through the middle of that intersection where you were parked 2 or 3 cars back, THANK GOD, because the average American hits a child at least once a week.

Sheesh, don't be so harsh. He was simply venting, showing us that he was upset with himself, and that he realizes he made a mistake and wanted an estimate of how bad the damage was. He didn't ask for a parental lecture, or for someone to generalize the "Average American Driver".

No Offence
I personally DID take "OFFENSE" to what you said. Honestly, I can't understand why Canadians (not you specifically) can't spell simple words.
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:02 PM
Sin

Re: Re: No Offence . . .

Did I say accidents don't occur else where in the world? No, and it's not the accident rate that upsets me. It's the reason why most accidents occur.

And do you think venompwr2 wouldn't have leaned over to check on his neons if he wasn't the first car at the light? Give me a break!

Open up your mind you stereotypically egocentric North American. Offence is spelled with a 'c' in Canada and in every other British Commonwealth country. About the only country that uses 's' is the US.
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: No Offence . . .

Originally posted by Sin
Offence is spelled with a 'c' in Canada and in every other British Commonwealth country. About the only country that uses 's' is the US.
I guess that means every other country in the world is WRONG!
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:08 PM
Sin

Re: Re: Re: Re: No Offence . . .

Originally posted by BidspayMax

I guess that means every other country in the world is WRONG!
Let me commend you on your ignorant and egocentric American ways then
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:12 PM

good to know that it wasnt anything major - you could get a new front bumper cheap on ebay
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:14 PM

Originally posted by Sin
Did I say accidents don't occur else where in the world? No, and it's not the accident rate that upsets me. It's the reason why most accidents occur.
O, I understand, it's the reason why most accidents occur, in America that upsets you, not the accident rate itself. Now, that makes sense. So in America we have car accidents due to careless mistakes, and temporary blunders on our part, but everywhere else in the world, car accidents are purposely committed!?! The reason why most accidents occur, whether it's because somebody was on a cell phone, bending down to fix a neon, driving drunk, etc., nobody intends to have an accident REGARDLESS of what country they live in. You made a very ignorant comment in your original and previous post, and I was simply responding. Don't generalize or stereotype American's, it's just not nice
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:14 PM
Sin

BTW

This would be a good time to do a 95/96-97/98/99 front end coversion if you haven't already done so.
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:18 PM

lol you guys
offence is cool. i kinda like COLOUR as opposed to color. hahahah
but SIn said NORTH american, so he wasnt a canadian looking down upon americans. makes me want to watch the south park movie.
can i finish please??

venompwr- i bet youll be a lotttt more aware now huh? be careful bro
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:19 PM

Hey venom, where are you from? If you live in South Florida I'll go in with you on a 97 bumper and we can save on shipping. I was planning on doing a conversion anyway. If we bought 2, I'm sure the guy would do us a deal. Let me know *fingers crossed*
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:24 PM
Sin

O, I understand, it's the reason why most accidents occur, in America that upsets you, not the accident rate itself. Now, that makes sense. So in America we have car accidents due to careless mistakes, and temporary blunders on our part, but everywhere else in the world, car accidents are purposely committed!?! The reason why most accidents occur, whether it's because somebody was on a cell phone, bending down to fix a neon, driving drunk, etc., nobody intends to have an accident REGARDLESS of what country they live in. You made a very ignorant comment in your original and previous post, and I was simply responding. Don't generalize or stereotype American's, it's just not nice
Many of us, around the world, simply do not understand the responsibility that comes with operating machinery that can easily become a lethal weapon. Often, when I drive in other countries, people are WAY more aggressive on the road, but the incidences of accidents caused by things such as cell phones, and other interior devices in phenomenally higher in North America.

And the fact that you tried to be all smart by telling me off regarding my spelling of offence, was just another reminder of how egocentric you are.

And btw, did I ever single out Americans as bad drivers? No, must've been that hair trigger defensive posture of everyone being out to get you huh?
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:25 PM
Sin

Originally posted by sil SE
lol you guys
offence is cool. i kinda like COLOUR as opposed to color. hahahah
but SIn said NORTH american, so he wasnt a canadian looking down upon americans. makes me want to watch the south park movie.
can i finish please??

venompwr- i bet youll be a lotttt more aware now huh? be careful bro
sil SE,

see, the problem is BidspayMax isn't quite bright enough to have realized that. Although, one can argue, he may lack basic reading skills as well.
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:26 PM

As Sin said, its definatly a good excuse to do the 97-99 bumper swap. on the bright side, you'll probably be more carefull in the future, I know I was after my first fender bender.
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:38 PM

Originally posted by Sin

sil SE,

see, the problem is BidspayMax isn't quite bright enough to have realized that. Although, one can argue, he may lack basic reading skills as well.

ALLRIGHT

I think you guys should break it up, you're just blowing hot air at this point, could both of you chill on the insulting each other. that's my job
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:40 PM

venompwr2 wasnt asking for statistics/arguements/or how to spell words. He wanted to know if there could be any more damage to the car from the small "fender bender" he was just in. You guys should give it a break...

Venom- the way you put it , i dont think there can be much more damage than the bumper itself. Very unlikely you damaged like the radiator, or anything past it....
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:42 PM

Hey venom, where are you from? If you live in South Florida I'll go in with you on a 97 bumper and we can save on shipping. I was planning on doing a conversion anyway. If we bought 2, I'm sure the guy would do us a deal. Let me know *fingers crossed*
I'm from Buffalo, NY
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:47 PM

and for the few of you who helped a little bit ,thanks. I didnt realize this would start a whole bunch of crap between everybody....
Old 12-03-2002 | 05:57 PM
I need a truck

what happened to the civic?
Old 12-03-2002 | 06:13 PM

Venom, I apologize for invading your thread, but I felt it necessary to respond to this arrogant, a$$hole, who thinks he can play down his initial remarks by now including himself in his original ignorant, unfounded statement, and declaring that my reading comprehension skills are sub-par, yet I'm able to discern an implication rather than take the literal meaning of his remark. His statistics are grossly skewed, in fact, they're just plain wrong. But I will keep this debate to PM's and email for now on.

Again, if you are from the south florida area we should get a deal on the bumpers and grilles (which you will need if you want to do a conversion). Also, if you headlights are damaged, make sure you get the 97-99 one's when you replace them.
Old 12-03-2002 | 06:16 PM

Sorry, missed your Buffalo post... O' well
Old 12-03-2002 | 06:21 PM
Sports Button FTW

that sucks how a 30 dollar tops! neon bulb can cause you over 200 dollars in damage and weeks of grief...

sorry bro, atleast you still have your car...i lost mine, luckily it WASNT my fault
Old 12-03-2002 | 06:38 PM

Originally posted by meccanoble
that sucks how a 30 dollar tops! neon bulb can cause you over 200 dollars in damage and weeks of grief...

sorry bro, atleast you still have your car...i lost mine, luckily it WASNT my fault
Venompwr, that sux man but don't worry about it too much.
Old 12-03-2002 | 07:40 PM

i have to agree about that cell phone thing.
IT IS SO OUT OF HAND
i hate looking over and seeing these spaced out crackwhores on their cell phones while driving small children in the back. God forbid they lose concentration and end up killing everyone
im so mad just from thinking about it.

but for real, when driving we all have to learn to not let little things bother us so much. instead, wait until youre completely safe, then tinker around with whatever it is. i have a problem with this, everything has to be perfect when i drive but im learning
Old 12-04-2002 | 07:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by paulspeed95

Venompwr, that sux man but don't worry about it too much.
Can you spell "sucks" correctly please? That really bugs me...

Old 12-04-2002 | 08:07 AM

Sorry about your accident venom.

After mine (which deployed an airbag and F'ed up my face from brush burns and gun powder), I am WAY more careful.
Old 12-04-2002 | 08:37 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Originally posted by Sin

Open up your mind you stereotypically egocentric North American. Offence is spelled with a 'c' in Canada and in every other British Commonwealth country. About the only country that uses 's' is the US.
Old 12-04-2002 | 08:41 AM
Sin

Venom, I apologize for invading your thread, but I felt it necessary to respond to this arrogant, a$$hole, who thinks he can play down his initial remarks by now including himself in his original ignorant, unfounded statement, and declaring that my reading comprehension skills are sub-par, yet I'm able to discern an implication rather than take the literal meaning of his remark. His statistics are grossly skewed, in fact, they're just plain wrong. But I will keep this debate to PM's and email for now on.

Again, if you are from the south florida area we should get a deal on the bumpers and grilles (which you will need if you want to do a conversion). Also, if you headlights are damaged, make sure you get the 97-99 one's when you replace them.
I said what I said, I'm sorry if you read what you wanted to read. By the way, watch that back stepping. You're going back so fast on what you first said, I'm worried you'll give yourself whiplash.
Old 12-04-2002 | 08:42 AM
I need a truck

Originally posted by maximaah

Can you spell "sucks" correctly please? That really bugs me...

why should he change for you
Old 12-04-2002 | 09:49 AM
no more maxima...

Re: Re: No Offence . . .

You are an idiot. He said North American.

Us American's are pretty f*cking stupid, huh. Goddam*it, I can't even stand to live with myself while I still have American citizenship! We really are the only people on earth that make mistakes. And don't even get me started on car accidents...There hasn't been a car accident in England, where the lanes are 3 feet wide with no shoulders, in like 10-15 years. The "average North American" truly is an ignorant f*ck, and NONE of us know how to operate a vehicle properly. Good thing there wasn't a child walking through the middle of that intersection where you were parked 2 or 3 cars back, THANK GOD, because the average American hits a child at least once a week.

Sheesh, don't be so harsh. He was simply venting, showing us that he was upset with himself, and that he realizes he made a mistake and wanted an estimate of how bad the damage was. He didn't ask for a parental lecture, or for someone to generalize the "Average American Driver".

I personally DID take "OFFENSE" to what you said. Honestly, I can't understand why Canadians (not you specifically) can't spell simple words.
Old 12-04-2002 | 10:14 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

LOL this thread is too funny, bidspaymax, you try too hard.

N. Americans aren't the only ppl who can't drive... ever been to an asian country? The drivers are ignorant and careless ****s just as we are. I've witnessed a bus driver rear ending a motorcycle, the guy went flying and most likely died... as for the bus driver, he just drove away. BTW this happened in India. It's worst thing i've ever seen.

meccannoble- since when do you pay 30 bucks for a neon light?! they're like 9 bucks at walmart!

anyways, i say you get a front end conversion! when my max was involved in a rear-end accident, the front end was converted to a 97+. It doens't cost extra to do so also, in fact it's probably easier to find.
Old 12-04-2002 | 12:00 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Conrad283

why should he change for you
i guess i need 2 include the emoticon...

it was suposed 2 b funy
Old 12-04-2002 | 01:06 PM

Originally posted by kingrukus
You are an idiot. He said North American.
"yet I'm able to discern an implication rather than take the literal meaning of his remark."

If you had understood what I wrote earlier, you would not have made this very ignorant comment.
Old 12-04-2002 | 01:16 PM
Sin

"yet I'm able to discern an implication rather than take the literal meaning of his remark."

If you had understood what I wrote earlier, you would not have made this very ignorant comment.
Why the hell do you keep insisting you know what I said more than I? What on Earth would possibly make you believe that you would know what my words mean more than I would? I said what I said. If you want to turn my words into the slander you so generously spew, so be it.
Old 12-04-2002 | 01:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Offence . . .

Originally posted by Sin

Why the hell do you keep insisting you know what I said more than I? What on Earth would possibly make you believe that you would know what my words mean more than I would? I said what I said. If you want to turn my words into the slander you so generously spew, so be it.
I think it was quite apparent that my previous post was not directed towards you; or are you the one that lacks reading comprehension skills?

Please PM me if you have any issues that you would like to resolve with me. Thanks, and have a great day!
Old 12-04-2002 | 01:34 PM
Sin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Offence . . .

I think it was quite apparent that my previous post was not directed towards you; or are you the one that lacks reading comprehension skills?

Please PM me if you have any issues that you would like to resolve with me. Thanks, and have a great day!

How on Earth was the previous post not directed towards me? It was a quote of your words, in which you mention me. Lordy! Before you start messing around with big words, maybe you should work on the basics of comprehension. And as for continuing this arguement of you trying to save face by back tracking (like Michael Jackson doing the "Moon Walk" in fast forward, with other orgers pointing out your misunderstanding of my words) through private messaging . . . you're not worth my time.
Old 12-04-2002 | 01:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Offence . . .

Originally posted by Sin

How on Earth was the previous post not directed towards me? It was a quote of your words, in which you mention me. Lordy! Before you start messing around with big words, maybe you should work on the basics of comprehension. And as for continuing this arguement of you trying to save face by back tracking (like Michael Jackson doing the "Moon Walk" in fast forward, with other orgers pointing out your misunderstanding of my words) through private messaging . . . you're not worth my time.
Lol @ the Michael Jackson comment.

I'm not back tracking on anything that I've said. But again, my previous remark was not directed towards you. It was a response to a comment made by kingrukus, so instead of constantly bashing my reading comprehension skills, you may want to inquire within
Old 12-04-2002 | 01:41 PM
Sin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Offence . . .

Lol @ the Michael Jackson comment.

I'm not back tracking on anything that I've said. But again, my previous remark was not directed towards you. It was a response to a comment made by kingrukus, so instead of constantly bashing my reading comprehension skills, you may want to inquire within
You seem so hell bent on finding bad intentions in that post, and it disturbs me greatly when people mistake my words.

Let's just leave this alone. This argument isn't worth both of our times.
Old 12-04-2002 | 01:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Offence . . .

Originally posted by Sin

You seem so hell bent on finding bad intentions in that post, and it disturbs me greatly when people mistake my words.

Let's just leave this alone. This argument isn't worth both of our times.
O, Now you think you know what's worth my time and in MY best interest, do you??!!?? LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING...

haha, nah, I'm just kidding with ya. No hell bent or bad intentions here!

Quick Reply: GRRR...first accident tonight!