4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

High Wattage Bulb WITH harness

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

High Wattage Bulb WITH harness

I have already installed a harness, but have not decided on a bulb. I have done a ton of reading on the issue, and have found very limited information on what bulbs are available for people with the harness upgrade. The brand I keep reading is APC, and I don't like purchasing APC parts....I don't know, maybe it's the intense Rice market that they thrive after. Wattage I am looking for 80/100...
Old 12-11-2002, 06:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

How about Nokya bulbs?
Old 12-11-2002, 06:53 PM

Re: High Wattage Bulb WITH harness

Originally posted by MaxWolf
I have already installed a harness, but have not decided on a bulb. I have done a ton of reading on the issue, and have found very limited information on what bulbs are available for people with the harness upgrade. The brand I keep reading is APC, and I don't like purchasing APC parts....I don't know, maybe it's the intense Rice market that they thrive after. Wattage I am looking for 80/100...
I got hyper white bulbs 100/130 has long you know your not going to see anything in rain or foggy.They look good but it depends on what your looking for do you want looks or visability?
Old 12-11-2002, 07:35 PM

APC products are crap. If you really want a "hyperwhite" style bulb, be aware that your visibility, especially in the rain, is going to suffer. That said, look into Nokya or Naxos 80/100 bulbs.

I hear Nokya's give the best color (brilliant blue) while Naxos are just really really bright. I had a set of Naxos myself, and they are truly very close to HID color when you look at them from outside, but their light output really sucks
Old 12-11-2002, 08:27 PM

i've got a set of Naxos bulbs i'll sell you for cheap...CHEAP. i had them in for maybe 3 monthes when i noticed one of my harnesses was starting to fry. i took them out and put in lower wattage bulbs so they're just sitting in my closet. i paid something like 38-40 bucks for them but if you want them ill give them to you for $15+shipping. let me know...

Trevor
Old 12-11-2002, 10:32 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

someone mentioned MTEC bulbs on Ebay.. higher wattage..

they were said to be a pure white color with very little or no blue at all...

Nokyas are blue as hell

APC.. i had these, not too bad, a hint of blue..

there is also Naxos.. not sure about them though.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

wattage

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
someone mentioned MTEC bulbs on Ebay.. higher wattage..

they were said to be a pure white color with very little or no blue at all...

Nokyas are blue as hell

APC.. i had these, not too bad, a hint of blue..

there is also Naxos.. not sure about them though.
i havnt purchased an upgraded wiring harness and have the APC superwhites on my car.is the stock harness gonan burn??...also..the apc are a lil too blueish for me..i just want really bright white ligth with a small hint of blue...like bright enough so when i drive behind someone it glares in their mirrors and they shift lanes..(i know im an a$$ for enjoying that) any suggestions..i dont want to get a wireing harness either..and which fog lights are the best to match with any headlamp recommendation.again..just really bright to glare into peoples rear view without high beams on..
Old 12-12-2002, 06:48 AM

Why do you guys use Higher Wattage Bulbs??
It's not good for the harness and the bulb housing, plus the bulbs burn out like every 3 months.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:11 PM

Ok, here is a kind of tecnical question....does higher wattage = higher visibility? I too have gone through several different brands, and actually had an officer say he would give me a ticket if he saw me leave a parking lot with my headlights on...I think at that time I was using Nokyas...I ended bringing them back to the speed shop and got my money back. I can't remember what I have now, but they are normal wattage. They are not Blue, and they are maybe a lil whiter than stock, but not much...so I guess what I am looking for is a higher wattage, good visiblility, bright white, good beam pattern bulb. Or should I start trying to make em myself
Old 12-12-2002, 03:22 PM

Re: wattage

Originally posted by Max Noob

bright enough so when i drive behind someone it glares in their mirrors and they shift lanes..(i know im an a$$ for enjoying that)
Old 12-12-2002, 03:32 PM
Banned

where did u get the harness/price ??? cause my stock harness is going (stock blubs) but when i touch the harness the light turns off/on and my highbeam light on the dash comes on when it's out . thats y im think about changing the harness.
Old 12-12-2002, 03:33 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Originally posted by RI-Max
where did u get the harness/price ??? cause my stock harness is going (stock blubs) but when i touch the harness the light turns off/on and my highbeam light on the dash comes on when it's out . thats y im think about changing the harness.
http://www.suvlights.com/