4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Advice on Underbody Neon Kits

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 10:57 PM

Advice on Underbody Neon Kits

Well, i'm looking into Streetglow - Gold Series (white) but i'm looking into ebay and some of these are around 30 bucks very very cheap and they say it's indestructible and warrantied and all of that. Should I take this offer? I don't really trust a company without a name.here's a link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1874470372
and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1874569985

well i need some advice. Thanks

Spook
Old 12-13-2002, 11:18 PM

if you wanna look a lil ricey then do it .. some cars look good with it, but i cant say ive seena 4 door that looks good with it
Old 12-14-2002, 02:06 AM

Re: Advice on Underbody Neon Kits

Originally posted by xsp00kyx
Well, i'm looking into Streetglow - Gold Series (white) but i'm looking into ebay and some of these are around 30 bucks very very cheap and they say it's indestructible and warrantied and all of that. Should I take this offer? I don't really trust a company without a name.here's a link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1874470372
and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1874569985

well i need some advice. Thanks

Spook

I work for an import shop that is a street glow dealer... First off in my opinion, along with many others in the import scene feel NEON = Rice. Secondly: They are far from indestructable. If you have a lowered max, or are planning to lower it, forget underbody kits. Thirdly, you will never EVER get warranty from Street Glow. Even as a dealer we very rarely get something warrantied. Basically they are warrantied against coming in the box burnt out. There is so many hoops to jump through to get even that warranty. I.E. - Installed at an authorized Street Glow dealer, within their warranty time frame, and if you get warranty, don't expect to see the lights for at LEAST a couple months.

To put it simple, save your money.

J
Old 12-14-2002, 08:51 AM

I have a lowered max with an underbody kit... I have had no problems what so ever... What are you talking about when you say if you have a lowered max forget underbody kits?? As for the whole rice deal... it really depends on what else you have done to your car. Altezzas, big wings, etc., yeah that can be classified as ricey. Everyone has their different opinions I suppose.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:55 AM
I need a truck

Originally posted by nesquiknate
some cars look good with it, but i cant say ive seena 4 door that looks good with it
i saw a new black altima with a shaved a$$ and a blue neon underbody kit, me and my mom thought it looked really good

btw she thought it was a maxima, i quickly corrected her
Old 12-14-2002, 10:12 AM

Women!
Old 12-14-2002, 11:22 AM

I think it'll look nice on my car with maxspeeds. First off, I have red/clears and second it's "white" not blue, and for some reason I think blue is 100X ricier than original "white" haha. And my car is white. Well, so you guys think I should just buy a cheap *** 30 dollar kit?
Old 12-14-2002, 11:38 AM
I need a truck

white is good, should look sick
Old 12-14-2002, 11:47 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

i added underbody lights to my computer

when i had the urge to rice something, i attacked my poor computer... but i didn't go as far as decals tho... just blue / white lighting evrywhere lol

i like white light too, if u want to go w/ the neon thing, do interior blue, and underbody white.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:51 AM

thanks guys, but i think i'll leave the interior alone, until i get bored then i'll buy some white neon rods or something hehe. wait my question wasn't answered, should i spend the cheapest around 30 bucks for these or might as well go with a good company like streetglow? Thanks
Old 12-14-2002, 11:53 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

thanks guys, but i think i'll leave the interior alone, until i get bored then i'll buy some white neon rods or something hehe. wait my question wasn't answered, should i spend the cheapest around 30 bucks for these or might as well go with a good company like streetglow? Thanks

I'm not a fan of underbody lights but if u want them, i'd say go w/ quality... They're the ones that are exposed OUTSIDE the car; you'll need something that will survive. Why not go interior too? 1 10" rod costs like 10 bucks at walmart. I dunno about the rods in cars... but my friend gave me one that he said he bought from walmart and this neon seems to be lasting forever! it's on almost 24/7 and after 5 months, still hasn't died on me.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think it'll look nice on my car with maxspeeds. First off, I have red/clears and second it's "white" not blue, and for some reason I think blue is 100X ricier than original "white" haha. And my car is white. Well, so you guys think I should just buy a cheap *** 30 dollar kit?
Um... any color is just as "ricey" as the other, I think most people like blue because it seems to be the brightest of them all. White is nice too, but not as intense, and most people who buy neons want that "crazy" look. BTW, I'd like to make the point that I have a 2" drop, live in a pretty flat section of Va, don't go over anything extremely steep to the point that I scrape much, and this is my neon:

Does that look like a healthy neon to you? *Hint* if you can't tell, the tube is busted.
-Cyrus
Old 12-14-2002, 11:57 AM

street glo - you will regret getting anything else I think. Especially that 30$ stuff.
Old 12-14-2002, 11:58 AM

And to answer your question...

Go with LiteGlow, they're much brighter than StreetGlow. Don't believe me, ask around or eMail Greg @ CustomMaxima.com and see what he tells you.
-Cyrus
Old 12-14-2002, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by ross
I have a lowered max with an underbody kit... I have had no problems what so ever... What are you talking about when you say if you have a lowered max forget underbody kits?? As for the whole rice deal... it really depends on what else you have done to your car. Altezzas, big wings, etc., yeah that can be classified as ricey. Everyone has their different opinions I suppose.

I guess it all depends on how you drive your car. And how far you have lowered your max. I have ground control coil-overs and crush it... I scrape going over road kill. If you have a 1-2" drop, you might not have any problems.... I know I am not the only one here that has the lowering = bad neon issue

"Does that look like a healthy neon to you? *Hint* if you can't tell, the tube is busted.
-Cyrus"

So creep around town in their maxima's, some street race... But you if you street race it, you are bound to hit a pot hole, or bump one time and kiss a neon tube bubye. If you really want it, get it, mainly I just wanted to deter you from Street Glow. However I also agree, buy the expensive stuff.

J
Old 12-14-2002, 01:01 PM

Thanks a lot guys, I'll post pics as soon as I get them. haha

Spook
Old 12-14-2002, 07:51 PM

Please don't do this to your Maxima. They look like sh@! on civics and they'll look the same on a Maxima. Damn rice anyway...
Old 12-14-2002, 08:08 PM
I need a truck

Originally posted by 95Supra
Please don't do this to your Maxima. They look like sh@! on civics and they'll look the same on a Maxima. Damn rice anyway...
his car white lights are not rice my friend .... ooooooo another one
Old 12-14-2002, 08:23 PM

Street glow

I work for an import shop that is a street glow dealer... First off in my opinion, along with many others in the import scene feel NEON = Rice. Secondly: They are far from indestructable. If you have a lowered max, or are planning to lower it, forget underbody kits. Thirdly, you will never EVER get warranty from Street Glow. Even as a dealer we very rarely get something warrantied. Basically they are warrantied against coming in the box burnt out. There is so many hoops to jump through to get even that warranty. I.E. - Installed at an authorized Street Glow dealer, within their warranty time frame, and if you get warranty, don't expect to see the lights for at LEAST a couple months.

To put it simple, save your money.

J

Well the third thing is 100% wrong my front light stopped working, i simply removed then sent them back and had a brand new kit the next week. So you info is way off, or you got screwed.

As far as them being ricey, god is that all anyone worries about. Dude thats gay, dude thats rice, well it aint your car. Can't people just answer the threads pertaining to the question. If you arnt in aggreance with it then dont reply. This org is a great place for helping people out, but to many people are so negative and always complaining about ricer ****. I think alot of stuff looks horrible but i keep it to myself. Any way street glow is good kit with good warranty. And if my spelling is off, i dont care have a nice day
Old 12-14-2002, 09:17 PM

I think Ben Blanco's car looks sweet and it's got neon. I don't think it looks ricey. In fact, it's one of my favorite cars on this forum.

http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...=131277&page=2

too many haters on the forum.
Old 12-14-2002, 09:58 PM

Originally posted by SamMan23
I think Ben Blanco's car looks sweet and it's got neon. I don't think it looks ricey. In fact, it's one of my favorite cars on this forum.

http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...=131277&page=2

too many haters on the forum.
thanks for the link dude, it gave me motivation haha
Old 12-15-2002, 11:36 AM

im planning on installing either a double StreetGlo Gold series kit or a double Varad LED underbody kit. Im goin with a double kit cause the 48" side neons are not long enough for the maxima body, and look stupid only lighting up 3/4 of the side.

Ant
Old 12-15-2002, 11:43 AM

Originally posted by ny96max
im planning on installing either a double StreetGlo Gold series kit or a double Varad LED underbody kit. Im goin with a double kit cause the 48" side neons are not long enough for the maxima body, and look stupid only lighting up 3/4 of the side.

Ant
That's very true. Same deal with the Frontier they had a my sound shop, but since then they've redone it and it has 3 StreetGlow kits on it. The whole underside lights up, it looks really good but it has to be like that since it's so much higher than a car.
-Cyrus