4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

twighlight zone KS harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 01:38 PM

twighlight zone KS harness

What why how did someone do this it does not look factory, I got a new KS pulled the old one out and checked it and it gave the same resistance so I pulled the harness out stripped the loom and got this? It totally looks like a hack job, they used coax cable rather than two wires for some reason. The extra confusing thing is the KS side plug only has one connecton the port for the wire actually has a correct looking plug in it. What is going on it definatly needs both wires going to the KS right?

The baffling thing is the check engine light was not on untill pepboys replaced the clutch. but I have no clue how or why they would of messed with this wire?
Old 01-11-2003, 03:25 PM

Re: twighlight zone KS harness

Originally posted by Gary E
What why how did someone do this it does not look factory, I got a new KS pulled the old one out and checked it and it gave the same resistance so I pulled the harness out stripped the loom and got this? It totally looks like a hack job, they used coax cable rather than two wires for some reason. The extra confusing thing is the KS side plug only has one connecton the port for the wire actually has a correct looking plug in it. What is going on it definatly needs both wires going to the KS right?

The baffling thing is the check engine light was not on untill pepboys replaced the clutch. but I have no clue how or why they would of messed with this wire?
the KS is a ghost code, it will not trip your CEL
Old 01-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: twighlight zone KS harness

Originally posted by Gary E
What is going on it definatly needs both wires going to the KS right?
No it only uses one.

Why did you replace the KS?

Did Pepboys tell you it was bad? You should have let them reset your ECU and see if the code came back again. The KS will set a code if it's detecting excessive knock, that doesn't mean it's bad. Your measurements have proven your old KS is still good.
Old 01-11-2003, 04:24 PM

oops forgot the picture, the harness is all messed up two wires going in and one going out.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

The sensor harness is fine. Mine's the same way.

Dave
Old 01-12-2003, 10:22 AM

with taped wires, no sodering? also Why was I told to measure the resistance across the harness terminals to determine if the KS was bad. And what is the other pin on the KS for if its not used. And why is the computer throwing a code if that harness is OK and the KS checked out ok?
Old 01-13-2003, 11:22 AM

btt I really need to get this thing to pass smog, its failing because of the CEL it threw the KS code and intake air temp sensor code The IAT sensor checked OK with a VM so I just put it back in and moved on to the KS.

I have disconected the battery and it still throws the KS code, what is wrong with it then if the KS is good and the harness is right, I still find it baffling that the factory would have a connection like that and only use one pin of the two pins on the KS.

TIA

Gary