4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Woodgrain dash....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 06:04 AM
Carpe Diem....

Woodgrain dash....

Who would you suggest with the best woodgrain kit? Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 01-15-2003, 06:58 AM

Re: Woodgrain dash....

Originally posted by kwamdoo74
I heard of ordering a q45 wood grain kit that directly replaces your maximas for 30 or 60 bucks I don't really remember I saw it like 4 months ago I do remember them saying that it's available at the dealership
Old 01-15-2003, 07:44 AM

Ebay has some nice selections
Old 02-21-2003, 01:04 AM

DO NOT buy a dash kit from Wood Dash Factory!!! Sell crap from many different companies, or a previous returned dash. Then they will not accept a return of their crappy ( I would use several cuss words here if I could) product.

Also, if buying from Ebay, check the feedback of seller. If there are not a lot of people praising the actual quality of the type of dash you want, do not buy from them. And make sure to ask if it is real wood (if you want real wood that is). Make sure they have a 30 day refund policy too.

I have heard good things about Joshua Tree kits, but they are on the more expensive side.
Old 02-21-2003, 05:57 AM
Carpe Diem....

Thanks for the advice. I don't plan on getting my wood grain dash kit until it warms up a little. Joshua Tree has some really nice looking kits. I might just go with them, especially since it is an investment in my mind, not just some cheap corner lights or some cleared out red/clear tails that I can do myself.
Old 02-21-2003, 04:57 PM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

my question is

why is it that the factory dash kit stoped short of the ac area? i think it would look a little better if it went on up to the top is there a company that may sell mr just that piece? also do you know of a company that can make my stering wheel wood leather wood?I think that would look nice .there is a company here in dallas but they want almost 500 bucks
Old 02-21-2003, 05:07 PM

Re: my question is

Originally posted by darrick
why is it that the factory dash kit stoped short of the ac area? i think it would look a little better if it went on up to the top is there a company that may sell mr just that piece? also do you know of a company that can make my stering wheel wood leather wood?I think that would look nice .there is a company here in dallas but they want almost 500 bucks
Yep. You can buy "factory-match" wood dash kits. The pieces cover what the factory did not. Don't know why Nissan stopped half way up. Seems odd.
Old 02-21-2003, 10:54 PM

Woodgrain is for old people.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:54 PM

Re: my question is

Originally posted by darrick

try and get one out of an I30 limited... i know some of those have the wood/leather/wood and it matches the factory wood grain dash(looks real nice)id do it if i was gonna keep my max
Old 02-23-2003, 07:56 PM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

Re: Re: Woodgrain dash....

Originally posted by TooMAX
Woodgrain is for old people.
Dude I am OLD ,lol,no really im old
Old 02-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Carpe Diem....

Wood grain doesn't mean old, it's just the preference of the individual. I just don't like carbon fiber inside my car. Nor would I get my interior to match the color of the outside of my car unless i did a entire black interior no matter what the color of the car is. Woodgrain to me is more "show" than "go" type of concept. In other words, more PIMP. If that means I'm old, then so be it.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:18 AM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

well said

Wood grain doesn't mean old, it's just the preference of the individual. I just don't like carbon fiber inside my car. Nor would I get my interior to match the color of the outside of my car unless i did a entire black interior no matter what the color of the car is. Woodgrain to me is more "show" than "go" type of concept. In other words, more PIMP. If that means I'm old, then so be it.