4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

motorvate.ca Updated: Oil Pressure Switch Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 10:03 AM

motorvate.ca Updated: Oil Pressure Switch Replacement

motorvate.ca has been updated:
-Oil pressure switch replacement

Visit by www.motorvate.ca, click on "Engine", and "Oil Pressure Switch R&R"

You will also noticed that I have now added the ability to donate to motorvate.ca. I am not looking to make money, I just want to reduce my costs.

If motorvate.ca has helped you please donate. All donations recieved will used to support the web site.

To donate visit www.motorvate.ca and click on the Pay Pal, Visa, MasterCard symbol.

Thank you in advance.

To those that have already donated. Thank you very much. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Take Care,
Max VQ
Old 01-19-2003, 12:35 PM
Ramius83

Thanks again for all the write-ups. I shall be donating to you VERY shortly since you helped me out on my starter rebuild and you are going to help me out on the differential bearings. But, I do have a question for you. How exactly do you "rig up" the dial gauge when checking the bearings? Thanks.

Old 01-19-2003, 01:36 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by Ramius83
Thanks again for all the write-ups. I shall be donating to you VERY shortly since you helped me out on my starter rebuild and you are going to help me out on the differential bearings. But, I do have a question for you. How exactly do you "rig up" the dial gauge when checking the bearings? Thanks.
lol this wouldda been cool if this came out last week! but your oil change instructions helped alot! Thanks!
Old 01-19-2003, 03:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

How exactly do you "rig up" the dial gauge when checking the bearings? I posted a question regarding that in my other post
Old 01-19-2003, 06:14 PM

Thanks in advance for the donation.

In the picture below I had to securely fasten the deflection gauge to something magnetic. I had an old air conditioning bracket that was made from steel from my 83 GTi, and I bolted it to the aluminum tranny case. The magnetic base of the deflection gauge attached to that.

You will need to figure out how you are going to mount the deflection gauge, with the tools and materials that you have.

Whatever you use, make sure does not bend during the measurement or else your measurement will be wrong, and it goes down hill from there.....

Good Luck!