4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Neon mounting inside car-Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 11:54 AM

Neon mounting inside car-Please Help

I am going to buy 4 neon tubes to be mounted inside the car. Two under the dash, and 2 under the front seats. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if so, how did you mount them. I would rather not drill into the seats if I could avoid it. Also how did you wire it? I dont really want the wires to be visible if that is possible.
Thanks,
Dan
Old 01-19-2003, 04:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Neon mounting inside car-Please Help

Originally posted by DanSE
I am going to buy 4 neon tubes to be mounted inside the car. Two under the dash, and 2 under the front seats. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if so, how did you mount them. I would rather not drill into the seats if I could avoid it. Also how did you wire it? I dont really want the wires to be visible if that is possible.
Thanks,
Dan
I don't know how to do it but it is on my MOD todo list!
Old 01-19-2003, 05:20 PM

Thanks,
Dan
ok, I can help you a little bit. I have 2 under my dash and one under by back seat. the rear one is drilled into the seat. anyways, under the steering wheel in the center, there is a kind of bubbled section, i have one neon on there, and the other is below the glove box but its tucked back so you cant see it. The front ones are small, only 3" so its not too bright. Anyways, on the passenger side, i ran the wiring through the floor heater vents over the the drivers side and then ran the passenger+driver side wiring tucked up into the center console panel. under my drivers seat i have an adapter for 4-12V outlets, where i have all 3 neons plugged into. From there, the adapter wire runs back up the center console and up behind the gauges. I have the power source running from the dimmer switch for the interior lights, and i mounted a switch next to the dimmer (I think thats where the traction control is for those who have it) I only can turn the neons on when the headlights are on this way. IF you would like some more clear directions or anything since i quickly went through this, just pm or email me and I'd be glad to help.
Justin NY
Old 01-19-2003, 06:28 PM

Thanks, I'll look into that, I have traction control so I cant mount it there, but maybe I can figure out a place to hide it.
Thanks,
Dan
Old 01-19-2003, 09:05 PM

Double sided tape works pretty well if you don't like drilling. I've got 6 (soon to be 10) neon tubes inside the car and no drilling was done.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 01-19-2003, 09:33 PM

Go with placing the tubes underneath the front seats. Looks better in my opinion plus you don't have to worry about the tubes getting kicked or falling off.

Just my .02

- Mike
Old 01-19-2003, 10:38 PM
Maxima91

i have 2 in my front, i had to drill them, the double sided tape sucks so i wouldnt bother, it just comes off eventually, just drill away and hope for the best, it will NOT be easy

Old 01-19-2003, 11:47 PM

Re: Re: Neon mounting inside car-Please Help

Originally posted by Shadow
Double sided tape works pretty well if you don't like drilling. I've got 6 (soon to be 10) neon tubes inside the car and no drilling was done.

Wow! 10 Tubes! Where are they mounted? How did you do it without drilling, and how did you wire it?
Thanks,
Dan

By the way your car looks awsome!
Old 01-20-2003, 12:17 AM

I use the tape we use making our dash kits, so it's much stronger than the junk they sell in auto parts stores. I haven't had one come off in over 6 months.

Originally posted by Maxima91
i have 2 in my front, i had to drill them, the double sided tape sucks so i wouldnt bother, it just comes off eventually, just drill away and hope for the best, it will NOT be easy