4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

budget y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 03:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

budget y pipe

hi, i have a budget y pipe on the way. but i noticed on the warpspeed website how they say budget is crap it's not really made of 100% stainless steel and showed a messed up pic of it. is this true? are budyets just as good as warpseed? thanks

-Tim
Old 01-20-2003, 03:37 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Re: budget y pipe

Originally posted by 98maxsel
hi, i have a budget y pipe on the way. but i noticed on the warpspeed website how they say budget is crap it's not really made of 100% stainless steel and showed a messed up pic of it. is this true? are budyets just as good as warpseed? thanks

-Tim
I believe this question was posed a couple of weeks ago. Do a search for that thread and you'll get a better range of opinions. I just got mine put on recently and I think its worth it.

http://www.motorvate.ca/auto/maxima/...-pipe_dyno.htm
Old 01-20-2003, 03:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: budget y pipe

Originally posted by 98maxsel

-Tim
You make up your own mind about who you would sooner deal with. Someone who consistently rips apart their competition because they are losing business to them.

Or, a company who quietly goes about their business regardless of what their competition says about them. Their customers speak for them.

Credibility goes a long way in my eyes and that is not achieved by badmouthing the competition.

Why does Warpedspeed have a 25% discount on their aluminized pipes, customer appreciation? sure

BTW: Budget does not make an aluminized pipe, only T-304 Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent. And its still way cheaper than Warpedspeeds aluminized pipe.

Notice I did not comment on the quality of anyones pipe.
Old 01-20-2003, 03:55 PM

When you order the Y-Pipe from Budget, how does it exactly work, since its located in Canada. I mean, do you put your Credit Card Info on there, or what? I really want one, just skeptical...
Old 01-20-2003, 04:06 PM

Originally posted by 99Maxima5sp
When you order the Y-Pipe from Budget, how does it exactly work, since its located in Canada. I mean, do you put your Credit Card Info on there, or what? I really want one, just skeptical...
When I ordered, I e-mailed them stating I have a Fed Spec 97 Maxima, and wanted their SS F Pipe, and asked them to contact me for payment info. They called me back, I gave them my CC info and had the pipe 4 days later.
It's installed, the quality is excellent - a perfect fit, and I'm loving the additional power. I'd recommend Budget Exhaust to eveyone considering a Y Pipe.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:09 PM

Originally posted by ORBRIT

When I ordered, I e-mailed them stating I have a Fed Spec 97 Maxima, and wanted their SS F Pipe, and asked them to contact me for payment info. They called me back, I gave them my CC info and had the pipe 4 days later.
It's installed, the quality is excellent - a perfect fit, and I'm loving the additional power. I'd recommend Budget Exhaust to eveyone considering a Y Pipe.
Thanks, answered my next set of questions
Old 01-20-2003, 04:15 PM

Thanks, answered my next set of questions
I went with the Budget pipe also. I was looking at the WS pipe but I disagree with their marketing schemes to make sales. Budget has good customer service too.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:22 PM

and to everyone who wants to install it themselves, it's a pretty simple task - provided you can get the bolts off where the stock pipe joins the catalytic converter!

If your bolts are seized have a mechanic break them loose for you.
Once they are broken free, it should take about 1 hour to swap the pipes over. Here's my writeup
Old 01-20-2003, 04:26 PM

I've had my Budget Y-Pipe for over a year now...

and driven over 30 000kms, and lots of salt on the roads...and I'm still smiling
Old 01-20-2003, 07:36 PM

Hmm, carbon fiber dash or Y-pipe?!? haha...

How much did you guys get it shipped for? 160 out the door, or like almost 200?
Old 01-20-2003, 08:10 PM

nope its 160 including shipped
BTW
I ordered my Budget Ypipe for my 95 max. I ordered it last Thursday and they said to call on Monday for a trackign number. Well I called today and they didn't even SEND IT OUT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so mad.!!!!!! I can't wait anylonger
Old 01-20-2003, 09:04 PM

where can i find this budget y pipe? is there a site?
Old 01-20-2003, 09:37 PM
aka UNCDooD

Originally posted by MistaPeerez
where can i find this budget y pipe? is there a site?

www.budgetexhaust.com
Old 01-21-2003, 04:25 AM

I have send them money order and i have got my pipe ten days later. It is excelent product for the price I have paid. I'm fully satisfied.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:16 AM

Originally posted by FarbsMaxima
BTW
I ordered my Budget Ypipe for my 95 max. I ordered it last Thursday and they said to call on Monday for a trackign number. Well I called today and they didn't even SEND IT OUT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You should relax a little.
Try to order a warpspeed Y-pipe then, I bet you can't even get ahold of somebody for a month.

I've had a Warpspeed and know own a Cattman. But if I had to order another one, I'd go with Budget or Cattman. At the price Budget is charging you can afford to buy a new one in 10 years (IF it broke).

PS - The negative advertising of Warpspeed shows you how biased they are to competition, if they have to try and downplay others instead of just commenting on their own products.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

BTW
I waited on my warpspeed order for over a month. I was promised 4 different times it would be shipped, and it never happend. I canceled my order and called Budget. I got my pipe 5 days later

Budget gets my business.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:49 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

I ordered a Cali Spec Y from Warpspeed and was told at the time they were producing them and I should have it in 2 - 3 weeks. 2 Months later, no pipe, nobody returned my calls. Great customer service right?? I finally cancelled my order via e-mail and got a border line hostle reply back. WTF??

I called Budget and ordered the pipe from them. Now things get really interesting. The guy told me to wait on that pipe. The Cali Spec pipes currently don't yield much HP gains. They were working on a new design that will yield gains similar to the Fed Spec pipes. So basically Budget was as honest as you can get. As soon as their new design Cali Spec Y pipe comes out, I'm on the list for a phone call!

Warpspeed can't even come close to that kind of service, they would have sold me an inferrior product!
Old 01-21-2003, 11:20 AM

Looks like Budget is getting my order this week...
Old 01-22-2003, 08:04 AM

budget y-pipe/f-pipe

called today to find out if they shipped my y pipe out yet and they told me another 2 weeks and i ordered it last week. they said they sold all and are in the process of making a new batch. waiting sucks. anyone else order one recently and waiting?
Old 01-22-2003, 08:08 AM
Paonessa

at least you get a response from them. i sent them a couple of emails and they never wrote back.

Old 01-22-2003, 08:15 AM

CALL!

I ordered one from them quite some time ago and they were very helpful over the phone. I think I emailed them once and did get a response, but I usually just call anyway. They are very nice and easy to talk to and if they are making a new batch, that does take time. Trust me, I work in a sheet metal manufacturing plant and I see how long some of this crap takes. Especially if they are making a lot of them which they most likely are.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:37 AM

While we had been experiencing some delays the addition of several people has helped us keep up with production volume. Of the 15 Y pipes we shipped Friday and the 12 Y pipes we shipped Monday the longest delay prior to shipping was 3 days, that was including the weekend. While we use the JIT method of inventory control we still experience a delay upon occasion.

It seems quite a few people prefer to buy domestic products and we simply supply a quality affordable product to those people. We sell aluminized steel Y pipes as well as stainless steel Y pipes. Because we only use high quality made in USA steel tubing we can offer a 4 year no rust through warranty on all of the aluminized steel. While we could buy imported steel cheaper from Canada or Malaysia we have chosen to buy as many made in USA products as possible because we don't have quality issues with them. We use only domestic steel for all of our Maxima and Jeep exhaust systems as well as our Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet diesel truck systems.

As for anyone that experienced a delay we certainly regret it and are working on several processes to help eliminate them in the future.

Like most other U.S. businesses we are not going to close the doors simply because a foreign company whose government subsidizes steel prices sells a cheaper product.

Dallas
WarpSpeed Performance
Old 01-22-2003, 08:59 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by bmfjeep
Like most other U.S. businesses we are not going to close the doors simply because a foreign company whose government subsidizes steel prices sells a cheaper product.

Dallas
WarpSpeed Performance
Was that another attempt to slam Budget?
Old 01-22-2003, 09:10 AM

Originally posted by mzmtg

Was that another attempt to slam Budget?
but ofcourse!

however, understand that the Canadian government DOES subsidize
steel to some extent, what might be more important to the price
is the fact the budget is located about 10-15 minutes from Canada's
steel capital...

so, I wonder how much S.S. would cost WSP if they were located, say,
in Bethlehem, PA or Pittsburgh?

my $0.02,
FLO_BOY
Old 01-22-2003, 09:10 AM

i also picked budget pipe over the others, it's cheap and its pretty much the same thing as the rest. And as everyone else will agree its def. the best mod for the car other then a turbo or sc...just my .02, theres a pic of it on my homepage on page 2 comparing it to the stock pipe i took off
Old 01-22-2003, 11:38 AM

I need the toll free number

Hey does anyone here have the toll free number for budget?I want to order a y pipe but i have no clue what thier number is ..I would preferr the toll free number..I went to thier website and couldnt find the toll free number I know they have one,also I think if you could order online from themit would make it much easier,,also their website needs some improvement,,thanks I need the toll free number
Old 01-22-2003, 01:42 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
I ordered a Cali Spec Y from Warpspeed and was told at the time they were producing them and I should have it in 2 - 3 weeks. 2 Months later, no pipe, nobody returned my calls. Great customer service right?? I finally cancelled my order via e-mail and got a border line hostle reply back. WTF??

I called Budget and ordered the pipe from them. Now things get really interesting. The guy told me to wait on that pipe. The Cali Spec pipes currently don't yield much HP gains. They were working on a new design that will yield gains similar to the Fed Spec pipes. So basically Budget was as honest as you can get. As soon as their new design Cali Spec Y pipe comes out, I'm on the list for a phone call!

Warpspeed can't even come close to that kind of service, they would have sold me an inferrior product!

Any word on when this "new" y-pipe will be available for the cali spec?
Old 01-22-2003, 01:49 PM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

While we could buy imported steel cheaper from Canada or Malaysia we have chosen to buy as many made in USA products as possible because we don't have quality issues with them.
Steel is cheaper in Canada due to the U.S. exchange rate. This in turn benefits Maxima owners in the U.S.

The impression being applied here is poor steel quality from Canada and Malaysia. If that's the case then everything built with steel north of the border would be substandard. You're slagging the whole Canadian steel manufacturing business.

No, its becoming the reverse where Canadian businesses are closing due to pressure exerted by U.S. protectionism through the NAFTA agreement. eg. the B.C. forest industry
Old 01-22-2003, 01:54 PM

BTW
it's only a couple business days.. still not bad compared to other places. i received mine within a week of ordering it.
Old 01-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Re: I need the toll free number

Originally posted by ivan25
Hey does anyone here have the toll free number for budget?I want to order a y pipe but i have no clue what thier number is ..I would preferr the toll free number..I went to thier website and couldnt find the toll free number I know they have one,also I think if you could order online from themit would make it much easier,,also their website needs some improvement,,thanks I need the toll free number
1800-256-4482 but I have heard that it is easier to get ahold of them at 905-681-4482.

I have posted these # like 5 different times. Next time do a search.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

OK I guarantee this is posted somewhere else, and if so please point me in the right direction.

Are all of these different Y-Pipes completely street legal and able to pass inspection?

I read about Fed spec and Cali spec, but I'm still not sure I fully understand.

I just got a 97 GLE last week, so I'm new to the Maxima mod world.

Acura's were way easier to figure out!

Can someone enlighten me, or show me where I can find some answers?

BTW, if mine is an automatic, does that make a Y-pipe a waste of money, since I don't get up to high RPMs?

Thanks for any help or info.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by A.C.Sanchez
OK I guarantee this is posted somewhere else, and if so please point me in the right direction.

Are all of these different Y-Pipes completely street legal and able to pass inspection?

I read about Fed spec and Cali spec, but I'm still not sure I fully understand.

I just got a 97 GLE last week, so I'm new to the Maxima mod world.

Acura's were way easier to figure out!

Can someone enlighten me, or show me where I can find some answers?

BTW, if mine is an automatic, does that make a Y-pipe a waste of money, since I don't get up to high RPMs?

Thanks for any help or info.

Read the FAQ

No, a Y-pipe is not legal because it removes two catalytic converters. However, the remaining cat is usually still good enough to pass "sniffer" emissions tests.

Yes, it's still worth it on an Automatic. Why dont you get up into the high RPM? JUST FLOOR IT!
Old 01-22-2003, 03:14 PM

What Warpspeed fails to realize is that Budget's prices are in CANADIAN dollars on their website. the pipe for us Canadians is $250CAN installed (for those that live close to Budget), which translates to approx. $160USD at the current exchange rate.

does that make it an inferior product? no...dollar for dollar they are roughly the same in price.

Budget is a business that just happens to price their products at what the market will bear and, seeing that we Canadians are taxed to death and have less disposable income, $250CAN is more than fair for us.

I so happen to have the 5th gen Budget Y and B pipe on my car and they are great. with the amount of salt we use on the roads in Ontario, the pipes are holding up nicely...i'd highly recommend Budget's products (heck, i even got the 5th gen FSTB for $50CAN, that's $30US )

Cliff's Notes for Warpspeed: check yourself before you wreck yourself ...don't go slagging on a competitor because you can't get your house in order
Old 01-22-2003, 03:52 PM

Originally posted by MajesticBlueNTO
What Warpspeed fails to realize is that Budget's prices are in CANADIAN dollars on their website. the pipe for us Canadians is $250CAN installed (for those that live close to Budget), which translates to approx. $160USD at the current exchange rate.
does that make it an inferior product? no...dollar for dollar they are roughly the same in price.
Budget is a business that just happens to price their products at what the market will bear and, seeing that we Canadians are taxed to death and have less disposable income, $250CAN is more than fair for us.
I so happen to have the 5th gen Budget Y and B pipe on my car and they are great. with the amount of salt we use on the roads in Ontario, the pipes are holding up nicely...i'd highly recommend Budget's products (heck, i even got the 5th gen FSTB for $50CAN, that's $30US )
Cliff's Notes for Warpspeed: check yourself before you wreck yourself ...don't go slagging on a competitor because you can't get your house in order
Well said.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:01 PM

BUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTtt~~~~~~~!!! !!
I ordered my budget a week ago!!! they just sent it out today i won't be getting it till next week! jerks
Old 01-22-2003, 04:29 PM

BUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDGGGGETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTtt~~~~~~~!!! !!
I ordered my budget a week ago!!! they just sent it out today i won't be getting it till next week! jerks
Whats wrong with waiting 1 week for a ypipe? You sound like the jerk here, not budget.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:29 PM

damn yall!
I didn't intend on all this trash talking about warpspeed when i started this thread. hope no one gets offended. I'm not. I'm wwaiting sto get my bud-get still.
Old 01-22-2003, 04:50 PM

I'm sorry, I'm inexperience to modded, when I order something that sounds like it is going to be a tun of fun and power, I get VERY IMPATIENT!!!
Sounds like you need to calm down
Old 01-22-2003, 04:53 PM

I'm sorry, I'm inexperience to modded, when I order something that sounds like it is going to be a tun of fun and power, I get VERY IMPATIENT!!!
Sounds like you need to calm down
I just dont think you should be going around calling people jerks if you dont even know them or know why they are behind in shipping.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:06 PM

Mine took a good 3 weeks to show up on my doorstep...only reason being is that I ordered it before Christmas, and they take that time off between Christmas and New Years...So I did'nt get it until approx a week after New Years

Quick Reply: budget y pipe