4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

RICE or No RICE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 05:13 PM

RICE or No RICE?

Found this baby while looking for a stickshift Maxima
its for sale too!
http://www.buyanad.com/ViewItem.asp?ID=40079
Old 01-23-2003, 05:25 PM

ya...That car has been for sale for a while. Its been on ebay a few times, the front looks pretty good but the rear is ugly! Id rather save some money and just get a 97-99 stock max.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:27 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Re: RICE or No RICE?

Originally posted by Nore474

its for sale too!
look at the size of that wing!
Old 01-23-2003, 05:31 PM

i like
Old 01-23-2003, 05:37 PM
Dev

i like it...
however i'd be uncomfortable with buying a modded car since it was raped for sure, and taken apart by others.

i enjoy modding myself as well as learning new things as i take things apart myself.

i totally agree with Baker - get a 4th gen 5spd.
from what i've witness so far...4th gens are faster than 5th gen vq30's as well
Old 01-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Handsome

IF your not sure post it here

http://riceornot.ricecop.com/?state=top10r
Old 01-23-2003, 06:27 PM
living out of a maxima...

Old 01-23-2003, 06:28 PM

if it weren't for that wing, I would say no rice...

but that is MAD RICE!!!!
Old 01-23-2003, 06:52 PM

its for sale too!
Wow I didn't know that was a maxima. looks like a del sol to me LOL
But i like the kit on it. I want that kit =) anyone know where to get it?
Old 01-23-2003, 07:54 PM

Damn, that is a nice front end conversion. Didn't even know it was a Max. Nice white too. Now if it only had the power to back it up...
Old 01-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I remember that car form a meet. It sure does sound nice with its exhaust. Abused.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by Dev
i like it...
however i'd be uncomfortable with buying a modded car since it was raped for sure, and taken apart by others.

i enjoy modding myself as well as learning new things as i take things apart myself.
Couldn't agree more. Would make a good project car if you plan on taking it apart/modifying it further. But there's not much more to do to that car; it's on eBay and he wants $10.5 there I believe.
-Cyrus
Old 01-23-2003, 09:08 PM

There's a lot more that can be done to that car...

Originally posted by Vyrus

Couldn't agree more. Would make a good project car if you plan on taking it apart/modifying it further. But there's not much more to do to that car; it's on eBay and he wants $10.5 there I believe.
-Cyrus
Old 01-23-2003, 09:29 PM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

i have seen that car many times on ebay many times. he cleaned up the paint job. i dont like the altezza in the back or the wing but if u like it go ahead.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:13 PM

man that car is hot. Rice all the way man. That car is sweet. You'll get all the ladies with that ride. HMMMM asian import models.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:11 PM

You mean ugly 13 year old asian girls wearing skanky clothes? Who wear too much makeup and striptease for any moron with a camera?

Sorry for the rant. Too many shows, too many "import models" posing with my car, sitting on it, getting fingerprints on it, or just disrespecting it in general. But if that floats your boat...

Originally posted by 99maximagxe
man that car is hot. Rice all the way man. That car is sweet. You'll get all the ladies with that ride. HMMMM asian import models.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:04 AM

Well thats what the import show is. It's all about the ladies man. Sorry for growing up in a asian community but thats wat sells. True its getting played out and im kinda getting tired with the shows that are all for looks but now im looking for performance.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:26 AM

rice

Well thats what the import show is. It's all about the ladies man. Sorry for growing up in a asian community but thats wat sells. True its getting played out and im kinda getting tired with the shows that are all for looks but now im looking for performance.
if there was a way i could photoshop that pic with me standing on top of the car holding a bag of rice and spilling it on the car. i would do it. mayb add a cup of some kinda boba drink and put that on the wing too.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:05 AM
pjalst

The San Francisco treat

Old 01-24-2003, 05:06 AM

I like...looks good.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:09 AM

Those riced out cars are the worst!
Old 01-24-2003, 06:15 AM

Re: Re: RICE or No RICE?

Originally posted by NyCzBuBBa

Wow I didn't know that was a maxima. looks like a del sol to me LOL
But i like the kit on it. I want that kit =) anyone know where to get it?
I believe that front end is a custom mold job with an aftermarket Honda Accord front fascia. It also has Skyline lights, which is the only thing I really like about it. Just the front end probably cost him well over $5 grand to do.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:50 AM

Hey now ... please don't speak like you represent the "asian community".

And if you need a car to get a girl ... then you must have a **** the size of an ant with the personality of a rock to go with that.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:27 AM
living out of a maxima...

Originally posted by clee130
And if you need a car to get a girl ... then you must have a **** the size of an ant with the personality of a rock to go with that.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

its for sale too!
That's off the heezy fo sheezy.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

I'm pretty sure thats the car my brother did about 2 years ago. It's completely beat to $hit. Fuzzy dash, painted door pannels, custom seats, everything is shaved, it's a really trashed max. The thing's got a Stillen SC in it too. It was owned by some kid who's daddy had money to burn. It was completely beat up when it came into the shop to be redone.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:47 AM

I'm Asian (chinese) and as far as I know, I grew up in the Asian commnity too. Import shows are not about the girls, well maybe partially. But there's a difference between an actual model and a skank.

And just because you type lIkE tHiS dOeSn'T mEaN yOu rEpReSeNt tHe aSiAn cOmMuNiTy.

Old 01-24-2003, 08:56 AM

Hey now ... please don't speak like you represent the "asian community".

Originally posted by Shadow
I'm Asian (chinese) and as far as I know, I grew up in the Asian commnity too. Import shows are not about the girls, well maybe partially. But there's a difference between an actual model and a skank.

And just because you type lIkE tHiS dOeSn'T mEaN yOu rEpReSeNt tHe aSiAn cOmMuNiTy.

Old 01-24-2003, 09:44 AM

Originally posted by Shadow

Oh come on man i know u been to shows and its like every car crew you see has there set of girls to attract you to their cars. But thats wat there trying to sell. I went to the L.A. auto show not to long ago and liked the cars but its not as fun as an import show. Sex sells and i think everybody knows that. And yea im representing the asian community im saying go for the rice car. But alot of people here keep dissing rice like its a bad thing for tuners.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:00 AM

And yea im representing the asian community im saying go for the rice car. But alot of people here keep dissing rice like its a bad thing for tuners.
If you're reprenting the asian community, I beg you to stop. Because you're certainly not representing me. I don't go for the rice car.

And how exactly is rice good for tuners?

To tune a car, according to http://www.dictionary.com means "to adjust (an engine, for example) for maximum usability or performance".

How do altezzas, led lights, stickers everywhere make an engine use it's maximum potential?

Sorry, representative of the asian community, but rice is detrimental to "tuners" unless its in grain form that was grown from fields.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:05 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

If you're reprenting the asian community, I beg you to stop. Because you're certainly not representing me. I don't go for the rice car.

To tune a car, according to http://www.dictionary.com means "to adjust (an engine, for example) for maximum usability or performance".

How do altezzas, led lights, stickers everywhere make an engine use it's maximum potential?

Sorry, representative of the asian community, but rice is detrimental to "tuners" unless its in grain form that was grown from fields.
Eazy Clee, dont have to be so hard on the guy.

I think the car looks good honestly.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:06 AM

Seems to me like Clee is representing us much better than you 99maximagxe. YES, sex sells, but nonetheless the point of a car show is to show off cars. And the term "rice" was created in a derogatory sense, so please never say the Asian community loves it. If you look at HKS, Apex, or Blitz cars in Japan (their cars, not the cars in the US driving around with their stickers) - those are real tuner cars. No rice. They represent me if anything.
-Cyrus
Old 01-24-2003, 10:15 AM

im pretty sure those arent skyline headlights, rather painted in sides to 2000's
Old 01-24-2003, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by JetBlackMax

Eazy Clee, dont have to be so hard on the guy.

I think the car looks good honestly.
He can have his opinions, sure. Just don't say that you represent the "asian community" 'cause he sure as hell don't represent me.

Besides ... I'm in training ... I gotta put at least one person down a day or else Bill spanks me.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:20 AM

I'd say it helps tuning by making it bigger than it already is. It attracts alot of future tuners and companies know that. I mean even electronic videogame shows like e3 hire girls to make people wanna look at there product. I didnt say stickers and altezzas make cars faster. The real reason people put stickers on there car because there getting there parts for free. Advertising it on the street.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:23 AM

It looks too Uncle Ben's for me. And ditto on the comments about buying a modded car, because I'd be willing to bet it has been abused.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Banned

Originally posted by kingrye
im pretty sure those arent skyline headlights, rather painted in sides to 2000's
Nope they are skyline headlights.
Old 01-24-2003, 10:52 AM

Oh come on man i know u been to shows and its like every car crew you see has there set of girls to attract you to their cars. But thats wat there trying to sell. I went to the L.A. auto show not to long ago and liked the cars but its not as fun as an import show. Sex sells and i think everybody knows that. And yea im representing the asian community im saying go for the rice car. But alot of people here keep dissing rice like its a bad thing for tuners.

why are you saying go for the rice car? because other people expect us asians to drive riced out cars? because you get asian girls? i'm offended you would choose to "represent" the asian community in this regard

He can have his opinions, sure. Just don't say that you represent the "asian community" 'cause he sure as hell don't represent me.

Old 01-24-2003, 11:17 AM

Nope, I go look at a car if I think it's nice. I don't go because of the underage girl sprawled out on the hood. I like import models, but the real ones, not the car club ones. Those aren't models, they just think they are, some of these girls just need to get a reality check that they're not all that pretty. My car club doesn't use models because it's not necessary. If the car isn't nice enough to draw attention to it without the girl, then it's not nice. I've hired models at shows to work our display area, because yes, sex does sell. But I'm just trying to say that there is a huge difference between an actual model, and a car club "groupie model".

[i]The real reason people put stickers on there car because there getting there parts for free. Advertising it on the street.[/B]
That's not the real reason people put stickers on the car. I'd say 95% of the stickers were put there by the owners, not required by the companies. I know this because we make those stickers at our shop, both for the actual manufacturers that give out the stickers, and the car owners who want to pretend like they're sponsored. Do you think that the primered up car with hubcaps and 10 sponsor logos is actually sponsored? Getting an actual sponsorship isn't that easy and there are a lot of requirements.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:26 AM

Rice

Quick Reply: RICE or No RICE?