4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

bumpy ride...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 03:33 PM

bumpy ride...

Driving home last night, I noticed my max just didn't feel right. I was feeling every little bump in the road, and the ride just seemed a lot less smooth than normal. It's nothing very drastic, no one who doesn't drive the car normally has noticed it.

The only thing I can think that caused it, was that I went over a couple speed bumps in the parking lot, though it wasn't fast or anything.

Anyone have any idea what's up? The dealer wants $75 just to look at it, and then it may or may not be covered under warranty depending on what the problem is. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2003, 12:00 AM
syc

Re: bumpy ride...

Check the tire pressure.

Check if there's anything unusal with the suspension.

Check the struct/shock if there is any leaking fluid. The fluid is clear in color and feel like oil. Do a search for more info on this.

If it just started feel like this, wait for couple days and check again.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by vasilios
Driving home last night, I noticed my max just didn't feel right. I was feeling every little bump in the road, and the ride just seemed a lot less smooth than normal. It's nothing very drastic, no one who doesn't drive the car normally has noticed it.

The only thing I can think that caused it, was that I went over a couple speed bumps in the parking lot, though it wasn't fast or anything.

Anyone have any idea what's up? The dealer wants $75 just to look at it, and then it may or may not be covered under warranty depending on what the problem is. Thanks!
check your shocks to see if they are leaking
Old 01-28-2003, 12:11 PM

I would check the tire pressure, if the ride was more bouncy than bumby, then check the suspension. Maybe you just flattened your seat cushion... or you butt is more sensative from any prior activities

Originally posted by vasilios