4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Those with stock (clarion) cd changer

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 11:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Those with stock (clarion) cd changer

Hey guys--I bought the factory cd changer for my I30 and got it all wired up and it works. The problem is they didn't send me the brackets and the nissan dealer I got the cd player was no help. I would like to know the location that this was mounted stock as well. Does anyone know if I can buy the brackets somepleace? I beleive they are special with short screws or something?

thank you for any tips.

Mark
Old 01-31-2003, 04:00 AM

I just bought the cd changer and mount for my maxima and got it installed at tweeter. Courtesy Nissan sold me the parts but I am not sure if it is in the same location as the maxima. It is located in the trunk on the left side. here is a link to the bracket for the maxima. Hope this helps!

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...Category_Code=
Old 01-31-2003, 06:15 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Make your own L brackets with some sheet metal. Mount the changer up on the bottom of the rear deck, just slightly back from the trunk opening. Use sheet metal screws and secure it up in place.

I purchased the USA spec changer from Ebay, it came with basic L brackets. That was the best out of the way spot I could think of. Works great, never skips and it's up and out of the way.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:01 AM

Re: Those with stock (clarion) cd changer

Originally posted by willy431
Hey guys--I bought the factory cd changer for my I30 and got it all wired up and it works. The problem is they didn't send me the brackets and the nissan dealer I got the cd player was no help. I would like to know the location that this was mounted stock as well. Does anyone know if I can buy the brackets somepleace? I beleive they are special with short screws or something?

thank you for any tips.

Mark
The installation kit has the brackets, screws, template, and instructions. Screws into changer are very short. Be careful not to use too long of screws. You just need 3 full threads.

The changer is mounted in trunk, horizontally, under rear shelf just back from trunk seal, left of center.

Want a picture??
Old 02-24-2003, 04:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

YES!!! If you or anyone else has a picture on exactly where this thing mounts I would appreciate it! I did buy the installation kit---and you were 100% correct--it had everything I needed in there.

Mark
Old 02-24-2003, 06:25 AM

Re: Re: Those with stock (clarion) cd changer

Bgohan,

That is partially true. 95's had them horizontal on the roof of the trunk. When I bought mine for my 99, they sent me the kit that was for a floor mount in the far corner near the tail lights on the driver side. So, for 95 - 99, there are two separate places the changer gets mounted depending on the installation kit. Also, the installation kit has inadequate instructions with a picture to help you out. I had to return my 99 install kit and order a 95 install kit to mount the changer on the roof.

Originally posted by Bgohan

The installation kit has the brackets, screws, template, and instructions. Screws into changer are very short. Be careful not to use too long of screws. You just need 3 full threads.

The changer is mounted in trunk, horizontally, under rear shelf just back from trunk seal, left of center.

Want a picture??