4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Why!! Whyyyyy

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 02:23 PM

Why!! Whyyyyy

I'm kind of shocked companies haven't come out with any polyurethane body kits. I can't stand that the only one is the stillen kit (aka Urethane kit). Why make cheap fiberglass kits? Arghh..

The main reason is because when I put the apex catback on my 97 it sat up too high and sorta melted the bumper a bit and was looking for a replacement but found nothing but CHEAPO fiberglass kits. Oh well. I should've got under the car and bent those hangers (even though it was 0 degrees out in NY)
Old 02-03-2003, 02:26 PM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

Re: Why!! Whyyyyy

Originally posted by 97maximase5spd
I'm kind of shocked companies haven't come out with any polyurethane body kits. I can't stand that the only one is the stillen kit (aka Urethane kit). Why make cheap fiberglass kits? Arghh..

The main reason is because when I put the apex catback on my 97 it sat up too high and sorta melted the bumper a bit and was looking for a replacement but found nothing but CHEAPO fiberglass kits. Oh well. I should've got under the car and bent those hangers (even though it was 0 degrees out in NY)
The mold for a polyurethane kit is quite expensive, and it costs more to make a polyurethane one, especially when you compare factors like whether a company will serve the honduh civic community vs the maxima.
Old 02-03-2003, 02:34 PM

Hey, I know I would pay the extra price. Who wants to repaint their kit yearly due to cracks and chips in the paint? I know alot of people in this community would too.

(psssst, hey Greg, you should take my advice for your next bodykit!)