4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

where is the EGR temp sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 06:36 AM

where is the EGR temp sensor?

i searched but i never really found where it was located.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:05 AM

Re: where is the EGR temp sensor?

Originally posted by Soon2BMaxed
ANYONE?????
Old 02-04-2003, 12:48 PM

[IMG]
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...d/fcaf3101.jpg
Old 02-04-2003, 01:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

that pic makes it look sooo easy to get at. in case you don't see a point of reference, its between the engine and firewall...that picture is looking from the driver side of the car....there's just lots of stuff in the way...its about as much fun to change as a fuel filter.

I have a new OEM egr temp sensor for 95-97...$90 shipped to your door.
Old 02-04-2003, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by jbreit
that pic makes it look sooo easy to get at. in case you don't see a point of reference, its between the engine and firewall...that picture is looking from the driver side of the car....there's just lots of stuff in the way...its about as much fun to change as a fuel filter.

I have a new OEM egr temp sensor for 95-97...$90 shipped to your door.
well the fuel filter took me 10 minutes. i finally found where it was after 5 minutes looking around my engine bay thinking the pic was from a different year max

how do i get to it? im not positive that it is fried yet.....but if it is i may take that sensor from you when i get a chance.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:55 PM

sooo does anyone want to elaborate on this for me?
Old 02-07-2003, 10:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

well, if it were me i would try to get a combination wrench on it....or clip the wire off and use a deep well socket...but that option puts you past the point of no return.

I never replaced one yet so I can't be of too much help. i had to buy one for my last max I was selling, but she (the buyer) never came by for me to install it before she wrapped it around a telephone pole...hence the reason i have an "extra". As for knowing if its bad...mine was throwing that code continuously and just that code...i would blank the ecu and the next time i drove the car the CEL went off again.

Perhaps there is a resistance value for it at room temperture that you can check it for....let me look in the haynes manual this weekend.
Old 02-07-2003, 04:38 PM

I don't know what is wrong with your EGR temp sensor, but I just changed my knock sensor and I got a 0305 EGR temp sensor warning light, now, the manual says "This sensor is not directly used to control the engine system. It is used only for on-board diagnosis." meaning you don't really have to replace anything, your car will run just as good with problematic sensor as it will with a good one. it's a matter if you can live w/ the ecu light looking at you while you drive

hope this helps

Konstantin

p.s. I'm going to try to clean mine out when it gets warmer and recheck/clean the connectors, hopefully that would work
Old 02-07-2003, 08:09 PM

Shouldn't you be busy changing fuses...j/k

you going to be ready to run me on the 16th>?

D
Old 02-08-2003, 10:30 AM

Re: Re: where is the EGR temp sensor?

Originally posted by Vinipux

I don't know what is wrong with your EGR temp sensor, but I just changed my knock sensor and I got a 0305 EGR temp sensor warning light, now, the manual says "This sensor is not directly used to control the engine system. It is used only for on-board diagnosis." meaning you don't really have to replace anything, your car will run just as good with problematic sensor as it will with a good one. it's a matter if you can live w/ the ecu light looking at you while you drive

hope this helps

Konstantin

p.s. I'm going to try to clean mine out when it gets warmer and recheck/clean the connectors, hopefully that would work
so it shouldn't hurt my performance?!?!? when my cel came on it was after i raced my friends spec-v. we raced again after it came on and he kicked my ***!!! i usually beat him by 3-5 car lengthes!

it hasn't thrown that code again....could it be a knock sensor?

Dale, no i probably wont be ready to race next weekend. my car is with another technician now and i still need to replace mounts, brakes, and figure out wtf is making my car so sloooooow.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:01 AM

Re: Re: Re: where is the EGR temp sensor?

so it shouldn't hurt my performance?!?!? when my cel came on it was after i raced my friends spec-v. we raced again after it came on and he kicked my ***!!! i usually beat him by 3-5 car lengthes!

it hasn't thrown that code again....could it be a knock sensor?

Dale, no i probably wont be ready to race next weekend. my car is with another technician now and i still need to replace mounts, brakes, and figure out wtf is making my car so sloooooow.

well, check the ecu again, knock sensor will show up w/out putting the check engine light on, if it's knock sensor I would suggest just replacing it, $112 @ www.nissanpartstore.com. as far as EGR, I reset my ecu again and have driven it for about 30 minutes, no light so far, but I didn't check the ecu to make sure it's not hiding, I'm scared