4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Junkyards Rock!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 07:49 PM

Junkyards Rock!

So on Saturday I decided I was tired of not having a Maxima in "okay" condition.

I went looking for 2 seat warmer switches, the "brake" indicator (that goes on e-brake), rear Bose amp, front left Bose speaker, knock sensor, and both position crankshaft sensors.

I left the junkyard with both speakers, both seat warmer switches, and 1 crankshaft sensor for only $40!!!

My recommendation for all you people who don't want to pay hella money at the dealership, go to an auto wrecking yard (junkyard). That is what will save you money. The only exception to the rule of course is normal "upkeep" things like oil, spark plugs, etc.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:53 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Re: Junkyards Rock!

Originally posted by |\|issan|\/|ax
So on Saturday I decided I was tired of not having a Maxima in "okay" condition.

I went looking for 2 seat warmer switches, the "brake" indicator (that goes on e-brake), rear Bose amp, front left Bose speaker, knock sensor, and both position crankshaft sensors.

I left the junkyard with both speakers, both seat warmer switches, and 1 crankshaft sensor for only $40!!!

My recommendation for all you people who don't want to pay hella money at the dealership, go to an auto wrecking yard (junkyard). That is what will save you money. The only exception to the rule of course is normal "upkeep" things like oil, spark plugs, etc.
it is SO hard here in the bay area, CA to find a freakin junkyard w/ a 4th gen maxima. I'm glad you found the stuff u needed.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:56 PM

Re: Re: Junkyards Rock!

Originally posted by nadir_s

it is SO hard here in the bay area, CA to find a freakin junkyard w/ a 4th gen maxima. I'm glad you found the stuff u needed.
What are you looking for?
Old 02-10-2003, 08:04 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Re: Re: Re: Junkyards Rock!

Originally posted by |\|issan|\/|ax

What are you looking for?
nothing really lol, maybe the tails and headlights... if I could get the best price for em. I always found junkyards to be cool... I was restoring my first car (89 celica GT) and almost every other weekeend, i'd be visiting different wrecking yards.

Have you seen episodes of Junkyard Wars?? Coolest show ever hahah
Old 02-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Sin

When I call junkyards in my area (Toronto), they make the Maxima sound like a car they have never heard of.

Sin: Yes, I'm looking for (name part here) from a 95-99 Nissan Maxima
Junkyard: Maxima?
Sin: Yup.
Junkyard: No Maximas here.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by Sin
When I call junkyards in my area (Toronto), they make the Maxima sound like a car they have never heard of.

Sin: Yes, I'm looking for (name part here) from a 95-99 Nissan Maxima
Junkyard: Maxima?
Sin: Yup.
Junkyard: No Maximas here.
well, that should be a good thing maxima's never really die and are owned by the best drivers
Old 02-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

junkyards are great ... espically the pull-a-part ones... not to many of those any more... insurance liabilty.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:38 PM
AssyrianRacer

been to almost all the junkyards in the chicago-land area, and the best I could come up with was a 96 sentra.

Old 02-10-2003, 10:38 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Originally posted by nismo2020
junkyards are great ... espically the pull-a-part ones... not to many of those any more... insurance liabilty.

haha here in cali we call em Pick-and-Pull. Sucky thing about those is that they don't tell what kind of car they have so you pay the 2 bucks entrance fee and find out... and 95% of the time they don't have any cars over the yr of 94
Old 02-10-2003, 11:09 PM
Old Timer

When Y'all find a yard with a totalled Max with MEVI, let me know.

David
Old 02-10-2003, 11:37 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

i have located only 1 4th gen after searching through most junkyards in NYC. It was pretty much stripped of everything that can be of any use. unless you needed fenders..

however,
i was told there is a ton of junkyards in NJ or PA. Even the pull a part off yourself ones... if i can find out exactly where they are.. i'll have some fun
Old 02-10-2003, 11:40 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
i have located only 1 4th gen after searching through most junkyards in NYC. It was pretty much stripped of everything that can be of any use. unless you needed fenders..

however,
i was told there is a ton of junkyards in NJ or PA. Even the pull a part off yourself ones... if i can find out exactly where they are.. i'll have some fun
thats true... one time i was looking for a 4th gen and the only thing that was left was the shell.
Old 02-11-2003, 04:48 AM

Can anyone tell me some junkyards in CA! I been looking for one, but the only one i found was on beach and they had nothing but old cars.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:14 AM

ya think a junkyard will have a couple extra MEVI's lying around??

Old 02-11-2003, 06:56 AM
lefty

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sin
[B]When I call junkyards in my area (Toronto), they make the Maxima sound like a car they have never heard of.

Sin,

When I had my 3rd gen max, there was a junkyard up in Newmarket that had one out back with just some front end damage. they had another car stack on top of it and left all windows down. I went in the car to see a puddles of water on the leather seats!

Got rims cheap though.

Old 02-11-2003, 08:19 AM

I went to the junk yard, and luckly there were two 96 maxi's. I picked up a center console with a new e-brake boot and the box had the lock tap, and the L-shaped cup,thingy, and it had the bigger cup holder in the inside of the box. I picked that up for $35. I picked up a clock, for $10.50, and a pair of front floor mats for $15.00 for the pair. They are in beautiful condition. SO, the ones I have now(cuz road salt and oil in parking lots,) is all f-ed up, these will be my winter mats, and new ones will be the summer mats. I found another max(4th gen) at another junk yard and it had a interior fire, but the engine looks really clean. The block is nice and shiney. But the cluster face is melted, and I couldnt pri it off to see the mileage. I think I may go back and bring a screw driver and find out. They are always price good. I found a 95 civic Ex(sohc vtec) with 40K miles on it(normally see for sale around $700-900 just for the engine) and they told me $350. I almost picked it up just to sell it on ebay.
The first yard I was talking about, has a GLE with tan power heated seats, and they are not in bad shape at all. But I am content with the cloth of the SE. I wont stick to em in the summer, and freeze to em in the winter. Plus, all the leather, and different front door covers for the leather inserts, adds weight. Im trying to keep the car light! I also asked about a upper intake mainifold(wanna port mine,but dont want the down time, ) and he said $150. I should check the other one.
Good luck. Do a search on Yahoo for salvage/junk yards, and call. Most of em will ship
Good luck
Old 02-11-2003, 10:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Junkyards here in cental cali Lack 4th gen's. Salinas, Moss landing, area no good
Old 02-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah they do rock. I got a lot of parts for my car from them.