4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Can't put front lip on???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 11:35 AM

Can't put front lip on???

Hey guys,
My car was recently in an accident, and when it came time to send it to the body shop, i figured i owuld upgrade a little, so i bought a stillen front lip...well now the bodyshop guys says that in trying to save some expense, he didn't put the underside part of the bumper on, and that he can't put the lip on right now, b/c that is what it attaches to...i ordered my lip from stillen.com, and i can only send the kit back for a credit to stillen, so i was wondering what the best thing to buy off the site was for 209$...i know there is nothing this guy will do to put the kit on, and i really cannot wait anymore to get my baby nback...i only had her for a week b4 she was injured, and i have now been without her a month!!!
Old 02-11-2003, 11:39 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Put the lip on yourself. It's not that hard.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Can't put front lip on???

Originally posted by 97blackSE
Hey guys,
My car was recently in an accident, and when it came time to send it to the body shop, i figured i owuld upgrade a little, so i bought a stillen front lip...well now the bodyshop guys says that in trying to save some expense, he didn't put the underside part of the bumper on, and that he can't put the lip on right now, b/c that is what it attaches to...i ordered my lip from stillen.com, and i can only send the kit back for a credit to stillen, so i was wondering what the best thing to buy off the site was for 209$...i know there is nothing this guy will do to put the kit on, and i really cannot wait anymore to get my baby nback...i only had her for a week b4 she was injured, and i have now been without her a month!!!
The bumper is all one piece. The lip comes with double sided tape, and rivets. You can either screw or rivet the lip into the bumper itself or tape it, or both.

I think he is just being lazy. The lip isn't something that will just "bolt on".

There is a cover that goes underneath the engine, I hope he wouldn't try to mount the lip using the screws for the cover...

Old 02-11-2003, 11:46 AM

well guys, i don't really have the money to have him paint this now anyway, and i don't wanna just slap it on unpainted...so what do you think i should order from www.stillen.com with the 210 bucks? there intake for 177 doesn't even say anything about a midpipe...just a filter and some chrome fitting, so i dunno...what do you think?
Old 02-11-2003, 11:47 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

well guys, i don't really have the money to have him paint this now anyway, and i don't wanna just slap it on unpainted
Save it for later.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:55 AM

i don't wanna save it, b/c i could use the 200 for something more relevant, instead of having the lip sit in my garage FOREVER...which it will, b/c my money is really tight right now...

so...what can i get off stillen for 200?
Old 02-11-2003, 11:58 AM

you dont have to put out 177 bucks for a freakin pop charger. intakes are for sale all over the forum and cheaper anywhere else. you can get a fstb and an intake for about 180 bucks69
Old 02-11-2003, 12:01 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

i don't wanna save it, b/c i could use the 200 for something more relevant, instead of having the lip sit in my garage FOREVER...which it will, b/c my money is really tight right now...

so...what can i get off stillen for 200?
You're not making any sense. You bought the lip knowing you'd have to paint it. Now all of a sudden you don't have the money? And this not being able to attach it because he left a part off is bogus.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:02 PM

here's the thing...i have been waiting for my car a month, NOW, i did get the lip knowing it would have to be painted...but in order for this ******* to put it on, i am gonna have to have him order parts (+3 business days) and then he will have to put it on separately and paint it(+some more time) and i don't want to bother...as for not being able to pay..i took out a loan to pay for the accident damage...so that is all the money i will have...once i pay for the damage, i will have NO money left over to have the lip painted and $hit...so, i want to send the lip back to get a credit at stillen, and then buy something with that credit that i will have...they don't offer a real legit intake, so what should i buy???
Old 02-11-2003, 12:12 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

here's the thing...i have been waiting for my car a month, NOW, i did get the lip knowing it would have to be painted...but in order for this ******* to put it on, i am gonna have to have him order parts (+3 business days) and then he will have to put it on separately and paint it(+some more time) and i don't want to bother...as for not being able to pay..i took out a loan to pay for the accident damage...so that is all the money i will have...once i pay for the damage, i will have NO money left over to have the lip painted and $hit...so, i want to send the lip back to get a credit at stillen, and then buy something with that credit that i will have...they don't offer a real legit intake, so what should i buy???
You sound too soft. These are the only two options I would consider:

1.) Insist he paints the lip - and quickly - and then YOU put it on.

- or -

2.) You insist on your money back from Stillen. That credit crap is lame.

Good luck.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:18 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Why don't you try to sell it to someone local.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:21 PM

don't know of anyone around here that would want it...
i could insist that he paint it, BUT I HAVEN'T HAD MY CAR FOR A MONTH...and i NEED it, and also you know stillen won't give me my money back, that jsut won't happen, they say on the packing slip "return for credit only"
Old 02-11-2003, 12:23 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

don't know of anyone around here that would want it...
http://forums.maxima.org/forumdispla...=61&daysprune=
Old 02-11-2003, 12:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

if your car is black or a dark color I would put it on yourself unpainted, its gonna get chipped to all hell rather quick anyways...
Old 02-11-2003, 01:28 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Real legit intake?? It may be expensive but it's a good intake. The chrome "thing" you speak of is a velocity stack.