4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Yay my budget y-pipe came!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 01:14 PM

Yay my budget y-pipe came!

After stupidly buying a very old used cattman pipe installing and finding a torn flex etc etc. I finally decided to just order a new pipe from Budget. I guess they dont pack the pipe in bubble wrap like they used to cause mine came in a box with NO wrap or protection to speak of. The box was wripped open in the middle and I presume that the crush rings fell out during delivery. Anyways, pipe looks good, looking forward to installing it. Just wondering where the cheapest place to get two new crush rings would be...Also, the two bolts that come with it, are those for the cat end? thanks

shaz
Old 02-11-2003, 01:24 PM
pjalst

Re: Yay my budget y-pipe came!

Originally posted by shaz
After stupidly buying a very old used cattman pipe installing and finding a torn flex etc etc. I finally decided to just order a new pipe from Budget. I guess they dont pack the pipe in bubble wrap like they used to cause mine came in a box with NO wrap or protection to speak of. The box was wripped open in the middle and I presume that the crush rings fell out during delivery. Anyways, pipe looks good, looking forward to installing it. Just wondering where the cheapest place to get two new crush rings would be...Also, the two bolts that come with it, are those for the cat end? thanks

shaz
If I where you I'd just call Budget Y and tell them to send me the rings. They were lost due to no fault of yours. They should be good business people and send you the rings. you have to wait for them anyway, why not get it for free. Take a pic of the rippled box and send it to them,. Also suggest they use better packaging to avoid this happening again in the future (when I order my pipe)

Old 02-11-2003, 01:27 PM

I called Jeff, he said he'd send me out new ones but that it'd take a while. I'd rather just go get them myself rather than have to wait.

shaz