4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Please Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 02:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Please Help!!!!

I was just changing out my spark plugs....when changing one out, the rubber gasket at the very end of the coil pack is stuck in the sparkplug housing! I've tried everything (that I know of). Not sure if anyone has an idea on how to get it out...it's stuck way down there, too..it's the last plug that I need to change, too. Any help any of you could give would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-19-2003, 06:55 PM
AssyrianRacer

Aww man

you shouldnt have messed around with it, your should have let some pro do it.

Old 02-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You can try one of these tools. I'm not sure what's it called, but I got it at sears. All it is, it looks like a long silver thing, that you push on one end, and it opens up lil teeth at the other end. I call it my grabby tool It's kinda like a tool that grabs stuff that are too skinny to fit a finger in and it's too far away. I hope I could help there
Old 02-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The EXACT same thing happened to me, the last one too. It was the third one on the top row (closest to interior of car). Well first to get it out, i used my favorite tool. I got a wirehanger and bent the tip with pliers just about half a centimeter to make a really small and strong hook. I used that to reach in and grab the piece, it came out fairly quickly with that tool. My problem was though, that when the rubber gasket came off i also cracked the piece of plastic that was under the rubber gasket. So i had to buy a new one....Hopefully you won't have to do the same...
Old 02-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The FAQ's cover this problem.

Alex
Old 02-19-2003, 09:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member