4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

exactly what size are gauge cluser bulbs....

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 05:20 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

exactly what size are gauge cluser bulbs....

I'm talking about OEM gauge cluster bulbs. I went to my local nissan dealer last week, and the guy says he has 3 different choices for them (naturally none of which are in stock). I want to replace my oil light and my gas light, and the only way i can get a definite match would be to take out gauges, remove bulbs, put back gauges and bring the bulbs to the dealer to match up, go home, take apart the dash again, and replace bulbs. So, does anyone know the part numbers for these bulbs on a 99 Se-L? I'd try courtesy, but they do not giveout part numbers......
Old 02-23-2003, 08:42 AM

Re: exactly what size are gauge cluser bulbs....

Originally posted by fearthegecko
I'm talking about OEM gauge cluster bulbs. I went to my local nissan dealer last week, and the guy says he has 3 different choices for them (naturally none of which are in stock). I want to replace my oil light and my gas light, and the only way i can get a definite match would be to take out gauges, remove bulbs, put back gauges and bring the bulbs to the dealer to match up, go home, take apart the dash again, and replace bulbs. So, does anyone know the part numbers for these bulbs on a 99 Se-L? I'd try courtesy, but they do not giveout part numbers......
All i know is that the 5 bulbs for the speedometer and gas, etc.. are 194 bulbs.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: exactly what size are gauge cluser bulbs....

Originally posted by D1NOnly34

All i know is that the 5 bulbs for the speedometer and gas, etc.. are 194 bulbs.
Not for a 1999 Maxima they aren't.

And taking apart the dash is pretty easy albeit time-counsuming.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:17 AM

Re: exactly what size are gauge cluser bulbs....

Originally posted by fearthegecko
for the 99's the bulbs are like 1/2 the size of 194's, you can probably manage to splice some LED's from radio shack onto the spots
Old 02-23-2003, 11:33 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

Re: Re: exactly what size are gauge cluser bulbs....

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe

for the 99's the bulbs are like 1/2 the size of 194's, you can probably manage to splice some LED's from radio shack onto the spots
you're right, i could splice, and i could put brighter aftermarket bulbs in, etc, etc. But i don't want to. I want the OEM ones with the little stupid plastic thing already on the end, so all i have to do is screw them into the socket.
Old 02-23-2003, 11:02 PM
What's next!?..

Well, if the dealer had them in stock, I'd suggest just going to the dealer, parking there, take the cluster apart and pull the bulbs you need replaced.

Taking the dash apart is a 5 minute job once you get used to it and have the right tools.

Only thing I can suggest is try calling several dealers and see if one has them in stock.

My parts list doesn't list a part number either..

You could try picking up a pair of 74 bulbs at Autozone ($2-3). They're smaller than the stock bulbs and not as bright, but they'll work as a temporary replacement.