4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Clear Corner Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2001, 02:53 PM

Need Some Clear Corner Help?

I recently purchased a set of 1157 Blue Bulbs for my 97 Max Se. I wish to replace the ones in the clear coner lenses next to the headlights not the bumper lenses. I read the instructions and it says to pry the corner lense out. Both lights on each side seem to get stuck. Does anyone have any advive on getting these corner lenses out. I don't wish to brake any part of my car so as detailed as you can get would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

[Edited by MJM97MAXSE on 01-10-2001 at 04:59 PM]
Old 01-10-2001, 03:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I was in your exact situation earlier this summer There is a ball and socket joint which holds the corner lenses in. Grab a flathead screwdriver and twist it near the metal joint and it will pop out. Then just remove the light and go from there. While you're there you may as well rewire them too I did the 1157's first, then changed my headlights, and the decided to rewire my corners to match. Just my 2 cents.
-hype
Old 01-10-2001, 10:17 PM
Boosted?....

Easier way to change the bulb

hey there,

I had the same problem as you did. There is an easier way to change the corner bulb. Instead of taking out the whole housing, just pop the hood open and look at the back of the corner housing. You will see the light fixture that holds the bulb. A little effort to make the twist and you can replace your bulb. it's a little hard to get to if you have big hands. So you might want to find some one with smaller hands to reach down there to get to the fixture. You can do this on both sides, but on the passenger side you have to remove the plastic shield first to get to the fixture. BTW can anyone tell me why that plastic thing is there?

Man Choi
98 Max Se 5spd w/ simple bolt ons
Old 01-11-2001, 06:51 AM

Clear Corner Lightr Installation

As I was, I was having trouble taking out the clear corner lenses. I added a little WD40 and those suckers popped right out. No need to worry about cracking anything, they come right out. Thanks for the help. And now those awful low amber lights are gone..

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-11-2001, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by EteRnity059
hey there,

I had the same problem as you did. There is an easier way to change the corner bulb. Instead of taking out the whole housing, just pop the hood open and look at the back of the corner housing. You will see the light fixture that holds the bulb. A little effort to make the twist and you can replace your bulb. it's a little hard to get to if you have big hands. So you might want to find some one with smaller hands to reach down there to get to the fixture. You can do this on both sides, but on the passenger side you have to remove the plastic shield first to get to the fixture. BTW can anyone tell me why that plastic thing is there?

Man Choi
98 Max Se 5spd w/ simple bolt ons
I don't know why that black cover is on there, but its good to mount stuff to I used it to mount a relay from my extra set of fogs rather than drilling into the body. It also makes it harder to take out your headlight bulbs. If anyone knows the true reason it's there it would be Daniel B. Martin.
-hype
Old 01-11-2001, 07:43 PM

Re: Clear corner lights

Hey judging from your first relied comment "As I was", I fugured that you must have some military affiliation. Seeing as that is the only place I heard that before myself.

Good luck with the lights...just keep the clear ones handy if the Blue lights come on in your rearview mirror. Drive safe and have fun!
Old 01-12-2001, 02:44 AM

if you break the bulbs

use a potato cut in half and stick the light right in the potatoe and use that to twist it out. A little trick i learned. heh