4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

oil leak under the engine help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 10:12 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

oil leak under the engine help!!!

hi, well after everything on my max was good...i was relax and drinking some beers...when i saw under my car little oil circle...o man!!! i thought remplacing the oil preassure will fix that leak.(before that my oil switch light didnt work but now it works).

Any idea what do i have to check for that leak...the oil tears drops from the oil switch harness.And that oil comes form above the oil filter. Any suggestion???
Old 02-27-2003, 10:39 PM

Re: oil leak under the engine help!!!

Originally posted by maximabest
hi, well after everything on my max was good...i was relax and drinking some beers...when i saw under my car little oil circle...o man!!! i thought remplacing the oil preassure will fix that leak.(before that my oil switch light didnt work but now it works).

Any idea what do i have to check for that leak...the oil tears drops from the oil switch harness.And that oil comes form above the oil filter. Any suggestion???
is there a bolt? or any pan do i have to check?? cause is of the middle of the engine.Not upper level
Old 02-27-2003, 10:55 PM

check the chain cover seal, i had the same problem .or maybe the oil pan seal.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:21 PM

Originally posted by andreyyy
check the chain cover seal, i had the same problem .or maybe the oil pan seal.
i was under the car..man i cant find out where the oil comes. The oil panel gasket i thing is bad by now. I will replacet. But before i want to know more if the leak comes from other side.
Old 02-27-2003, 11:37 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

there should be a small plug on the side of the oil pan. I believe it's called the oil pressure switch or something like that. Mine is leaking as well, but I am hardly loosing much oil from it. I didn't even notice it at first. It's a pretty cheap item and can be picked up from Pepboys.. I didn't understand your post that well, did you already change this switch?

if yes, look into the rubber gaskets and seals around the oil filter and the switch. Like all other rubber items, they wear out, get hard and crack from the constant exposure to moisture, different temperatures and dirt..
Old 02-27-2003, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
there should be a small plug on the side of the oil pan. I believe it's called the oil pressure switch or something like that. Mine is leaking as well, but I am hardly loosing much oil from it. I didn't even notice it at first. It's a pretty cheap item and can be picked up from Pepboys.. I didn't understand your post that well, did you already change this switch?

if yes, look into the rubber gaskets and seals around the oil filter and the switch. Like all other rubber items, they wear out, get hard and crack from the constant exposure to moisture, different temperatures and dirt..
yeah NYCe Maxima, i have already replaced the oil pressure switch and the oil leak is less than before. I thing the oil panel gasket is bad or something, cause all over the pull asy and other parts its a little oil on it but i think is normal. But under that point the oil increase a lot.
Old 02-28-2003, 12:59 AM

Originally posted by maximabest

yeah NYCe Maxima, i have already replaced the oil pressure switch and the oil leak is less than before. I thing the oil panel gasket is bad or something, cause all over the pull asy and other parts its a little oil on it but i think is normal. But under that point the oil increase a lot.

man i think i found the problem....i was under the car for 2 hours...try to see where is the leak from, and hear some music and bam!!!! found it!!! is the aluminium oil pan. Everyone here knows that theres two oil pan, the aluminium one that is a very huge part and the steel oil pan(the black pan where the drain oil bolt is)

holeyeee s....t does anybody here tried to put some new gasket and DIY???