4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My car got broken into :( (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 05:15 PM
Maxima95Tuner

My car got broken into :( (long)

So last night, I was just sleeping, minding my own business, when I hear my alarm in my car go off. It's about 2:30 in the morning, and Im about to fall asleep trying to turn it off. See, I feel asleep with my keys in my pocket, so my first guess was that I was laying on the button and it sounded the alarm. WRONG. I get up that morning and go outside to go to school, and my drivers side door and trunk are hanging wide open. I know I locked the car the night before, because the alarm did go off, and if the doors are unlocked, the alarm isnt armed. So anyways, I look, and there is a huge gash in my head unit. The dumb**** couldnt figure out how to get the unit out, so he pryed the head unit off with a screwdriver or something. Either way, my faceplate is missing and there is a big gaping hole in the head unit.

Now this is the part that really ****es me off. I had 2 CD cases in my car, 1 with all my good stuff, and one with just some other stuff I had. The person took my CD case with all of my good CDs, and then the part that is the worst is, there are only a few CDs missing from my other case. This means that he must have sat there and flipped through the case to get what he wanted.

I then proceed to look in my trunk, and my subwoofer and amp are both flipped over, wires are cut from them, and it's all in horrible condition. The person apparantly did not want to go through the trouble to take a subwoofer and amp.

Insurance won't cover anything on my car, because there is a 500 dollar deductable, and they say that the damage isnt worth 500 dollars. I say bull****. My subwoofer and amp setup alone were around 500 dollars. The cops don't want to do anything about it because it was just "petty theft".

Well, I had to vent, so if you took the time to read, thank you.

Chris

Old 03-04-2003, 05:20 PM
wat

If I were you, Id track down the mother****ers who broke into your car, shoot them with a tranquilizer gun, rip off their face with the same screwdriver that ****ed up your dash, and then **** down their throat until they puke!

I hate it when ****ing ****ers break into peoples cars, especially when their insurance wont cover it, so its upto you to serve your justice and beat the **** out of whoever broke into your car!
Old 03-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

how did they open the doors? is there any body damage?

this is why i always check out my car when the alarm goes off. you never know what is happening. sorry to hear it bro, its my worst nightmare too, well not worst, but you know what i mean. just think, it could have been worse, lots lots worse.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

DAMN!!! I feel your pain bro...
Sorry to hear that man...
I think your best bet is go to the junkshop and replace the parts soon.
DAMN... sad sad.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:02 PM

Damn that sucks man... I personally live in a bad part of town and it's the only reason why I still use the Bose system, as people's stereo equipment are getting jacked every other day.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:06 PM
The original VQ...

I fell you bro, my hole car got stolen back in like october, i had a 97 se before, im pritty sure some one that knows me took it because they took stupid things like the stock cd play(not bose) spare tire and worst of all my 2000 se rims, n they beat the **** out of my car and messed up my interior . Now i have a club for my clutch , a club for my steering wheel , fuel cut off switch, a crimestopper alarm, and i left the stock nissan alram. Did you take the face off your radio? i always do now and keep it in my house. And i got my alarm on super sensitve and i sleep with a base ball bat next to my bed R.I.P. to my old 97, all i have for memories is a little burnout video. Hope fully you find out who robbed your car, good luck.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Sports Button FTW

that sucks man, sorry to hear about that, see, people are a-holes, no respect for other people's property, but u gotta have respect for your property as well and get an alarm. All that stuff you invested and its all gone....

all i can say is Viper Responder...

in your situation, the alarm would have went off and so would your pager allowing u to find it and look at it to see one of the sensors went off, and not that u hit the panic button...i hope all goes well and i hope you invest in the singly most important equipment for any and every car...a REAL alarm
Old 03-04-2003, 06:38 PM

<---- *still trying to understand why you just shut the alarm off without checking outside*
Old 03-04-2003, 06:51 PM
Maxima95Tuner

BlueC: Oh I will find the person who done it, I guarantee that.

Miasma: They got in with a Slim Jim. There is no apparant damage to anything on the car, so this had to be done professionaly, at least thats what I would think. Although for a professional, they did a pretty ****ty job of trying to get my head unit out.

sickmen: They didnt actually hurt anything on the car except for the pry marks on the console. Thats not a problem though, so I dont think Im going to do anything about that. Im just gonna get a new face plate from kenwood.

gimpatron: this is supposed to be the better part of town for my area. I mean, people left their doors unlocked alot of the time when this area was new about 5 years ago.

maxspeed96CT: I never took the face plate off, and the few times I did, I just put it in the glove box. Either way, next time, Im definately going to be taking it in with me. Im also getting a kill switch installed as we speak.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Old 03-04-2003, 06:53 PM
Maxima95Tuner

mecca: Im going to be getting a real alarm with the lo-jack system as soon as I can get a job.

Jamsan: it was 2:30 in the morning, and I was about to fall asleep. all I really remember is looking outside, clicking the button, and putting the pillow over my head.

Old 03-04-2003, 08:25 PM

that sucks bro, but it could have been worse. My car was stolen last year, luckily they just took it for a joy ride and left it, but not before ripping out my box and amp. They didnt even touch the dash cuz it was a detatchable, and i had the faceplate with me. Thats a terrible feeling to go outside and see something missing
Old 03-04-2003, 09:04 PM
The original VQ...

Originally posted by tzmanles
that sucks bro, but it could have been worse. My car was stolen last year, luckily they just took it for a joy ride and left it, but not before ripping out my box and amp. They didnt even touch the dash cuz it was a detatchable, and i had the faceplate with me. Thats a terrible feeling to go outside and see something missing
I had it worse cause i woke up to the sound o my intake , it took me like 5 minutes to realize what happend, and i always take my face wit me everywere.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:05 PM
The original VQ...

Originally posted by tzmanles
I had it worse cause i woke up to the sound o my intake , it took me like 2 minutes to realize what happend when i was completly awake and i want crazy . and i always take my face wit me everywere.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:40 PM
Dev

im really sorry to hear about the bad news.

i hope you find those bastards...
lay them down on the street, with their mouths open biting the curb.
then take ur foot and mash into the back of their heads.
be sure to wear crappy clothes, as you don't want their brain to leave any bad stains.
Old 03-04-2003, 10:29 PM

Maxima95Tuner:

I'm sorry to hear about your break-in. How many CD's did you lose? If you figure that they cost $15 a piece, and you had quite a few, then combined with the Amp and Subwoofer, plus the damaged head unit, you should be WELL over the $500 deductible. Hell, just the ruined hardware alone should be worth more than $500.

I'd call your insurance company and raise hell.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:14 AM

Unless the damage/loss is way over $500, I wouldn't even bother getting the insurance people involved. For instance, if the damage was only $750, after your deductible, you will get a check for $250. Sure, that will help replace some of what you lost, however, now you have a claim against your insurance. That, unfortunately, can mean higher rates when it comes time to renew. It shouldn't (I mean that's why you have it, right?), but that doesn't mean it won't.

I've made a point of only using the insurance for the big things,(don't get me wrong - I've been in exactly your situation, and I sure thought it was a big thing) as I've been screwed by the insurance companies before...

Good luck,

Eric99SE
Old 03-05-2003, 06:17 AM

i'm sure that's a weird feeling we all share in the forum.. walking out in the morning and hoping everything is ok with our babies that have to sleep outside.. i mean the cars, not the GF's.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:28 AM
Maxima95Tuner

Originally posted by BOZOnPJs
i'm sure that's a weird feeling we all share in the forum.. walking out in the morning and hoping everything is ok with our babies that have to sleep outside.. i mean the cars, not the GF's.
It's a horrible feeling

Eric99SE: Im not gonna worry about the insurance, just for that reason.

bk_r0x: there were about 20 CDs that they took. 20 * 15 = 300

Again, thanks for your comments everyone.

Old 03-05-2003, 07:51 AM

that really sucks

Old 03-05-2003, 11:56 AM

Damn man, sorry to hear that... My camry was broken into not to long ago... did 4,000 damage to the interior of my car... $3000 worth of things taken...
Try not to worry about it too much.... Karma is a bytch!
Old 03-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Originally posted by Pizatt
Damn man, sorry to hear that... My camry was broken into not to long ago... did 4,000 damage to the interior of my car... $3000 worth of things taken...
Try not to worry about it too much.... Karma is a bytch!
Oh man thats alot of damage. What happened? Did they catch the person(s) that did it? That would suck to know someone like that would still be out there doing that.

Old 03-05-2003, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by Maxima95Tuner

Oh man thats alot of damage. What happened? Did they catch the person(s) that did it? That would suck to know someone like that would still be out there doing that.

I dont know if they caught the people yet... Dont let me find them first! thats for sure!
Old 03-05-2003, 02:59 PM

Re: My car got broken into :( (long)

Originally posted by Maxima95Tuner
So last night, I was just sleeping, minding my own business, when I hear my alarm in my car go off. It's about 2:30 in the morning, and Im about to fall asleep trying to turn it off. See, I feel asleep with my keys in my pocket, so my first guess was that I was laying on the button and it sounded the alarm. WRONG. I get up that morning and go outside to go to school, and my drivers side door and trunk are hanging wide open. I know I locked the car the night before, because the alarm did go off, and if the doors are unlocked, the alarm isnt armed. So anyways, I look, and there is a huge gash in my head unit. The dumb**** couldnt figure out how to get the unit out, so he pryed the head unit off with a screwdriver or something. Either way, my faceplate is missing and there is a big gaping hole in the head unit.

Now this is the part that really ****es me off. I had 2 CD cases in my car, 1 with all my good stuff, and one with just some other stuff I had. The person took my CD case with all of my good CDs, and then the part that is the worst is, there are only a few CDs missing from my other case. This means that he must have sat there and flipped through the case to get what he wanted.

I then proceed to look in my trunk, and my subwoofer and amp are both flipped over, wires are cut from them, and it's all in horrible condition. The person apparantly did not want to go through the trouble to take a subwoofer and amp.

Insurance won't cover anything on my car, because there is a 500 dollar deductable, and they say that the damage isnt worth 500 dollars. I say bull****. My subwoofer and amp setup alone were around 500 dollars. The cops don't want to do anything about it because it was just "petty theft".

Well, I had to vent, so if you took the time to read, thank you.

Chris
man that does suck.......what kind of kenwood did you have? there is one on ebay.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3293
if you are a lucky guy, i just happened to come across it while surfing ebay.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:01 PM

ouch, that sucks! i tihnik i'll start kiding my cd wallents under by seats,and take my sub inside cause amp blwon so whats the point, i livce in New britain same thing can happend soon,.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:30 PM

oh trust me i know the feelin all too well.. my previous honda and my caprice classic before that were both broken into and in both instances they took my HU, amp and my subs.. except with the caprice, they couldnt carry the sub-box as it was way too huge.. but i've learned and decided not to replace my BOSE and just put an amp and box in the trunk and splice them into the original system.. not as loud as i would want it to be but it's better than havin ur car broken into..
****in mother****ers.. im gettin mad all over again just thinkin about my old cars..
Old 03-05-2003, 03:57 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I had my brothers civic that i used to go to church. When I came out, I noticed the gas cap was open and immediately knew someone broke into the car. Took the sub, amp, a cell phone and some cds. Worst feeling ever. To top that off, on another occasion, I used my brothers same civic to go pickup a suit for my dad from tip top. Then I went to another mall with my brother to get a haircut. While he was getting his hair done, I decided to go outside .... when I got out there I saw the lock latch up and immediately knew someone broke in. This time they stole my dads suit and some pants and shirts that we had bought him. It was one of the worst days of my life as my grandfather had passed away and the suit for my dad was for the funeral.

Its one of the worse feelings in the world that makes you feel so helpless. I swear if I ever see someone breaking into my or anyones car, all they're gonna get is tread over their face.

On a positive note, that civic of my brothers was recently sold.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:46 PM

This why I've done the following:

1) Got a good alarm

2) Installed a speaker box with a locking wall in front and bolted the back of the box to the rear seat sheet metal with 1/4" wide bolts. Bolted the amps in with the screws backwards and nuts tightened down. (few thieves carry a wrench)

3) Disconnected the trunk pop inside the car completely

4) take my faceplate with me every time I get out of the car, even if only going into a store for a few minutes

5) Hide my CD Cases under the seats at all times

6) AFC is permanently installed to where they'd have to take the entire dash off to get it out.

My last car was broken into 5 times in 1.5 years when I lived in Phoenix....not letting it happen again.

The only succeptible thing right now is my gauges, and I'm thinking about ways to tighten those down more securely. (plumber's tape?)

IanS
Old 03-05-2003, 05:09 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Hiding CDs under the seat doesnt work. Thats where I had my CDs, and they took those. Either way, I am going to be getting a much better alarm on the car as soon as I find a job, and I disabled the trunk release. Im also going to bolt down my subs.

Old 03-05-2003, 05:23 PM
I need a truck

damn chris, that really sucks .... sorry to hear about that ... i have to go buy an alarm before this happens to me
Old 03-05-2003, 05:49 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I had my brothers civic that i used to go to church. When I came out, I noticed the gas cap was open and immediately knew someone broke into the car. Took the sub, amp, a cell phone and some cds. Worst feeling ever. To top that off, on another occasion, I used my brothers same civic to go pickup a suit for my dad from tip top. Then I went to another mall with my brother to get a haircut. While he was getting his hair done, I decided to go outside .... when I got out there I saw the lock latch up and immediately knew someone broke in. This time they stole my dads suit and some pants and shirts that we had bought him. It was one of the worst days of my life as my grandfather had passed away and the suit for my dad was for the funeral.

Its one of the worse feelings in the world that makes you feel so helpless. I swear if I ever see someone breaking into my or anyones car, all they're gonna get is tread over their face.

On a positive note, that civic of my brothers was recently sold.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:15 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Originally posted by Conrad283
damn chris, that really sucks .... sorry to hear about that ... i have to go buy an alarm before this happens to me
Just curious, but how did you know my name?

Old 03-05-2003, 06:17 PM
Sports Button FTW

those of u that live in the north east and want a GREAT ALARM, not good, not descent but an alarm with GREAT features, look Pearl96max up, he has the Viper Responder 2 way pager and Hornett 2 way pager at great prices, better than any shop you'll ever find. Spring is coming up, the last thing u want is to see someone else cruising in your ride 5 cars ahead of u while u in your best friends ridge bumming a ride to class....
Old 03-05-2003, 06:24 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Originally posted by meccanoble
those of u that live in the north east and want a GREAT ALARM, not good, not descent but an alarm with GREAT features, look Pearl96max up, he has the Viper Responder 2 way pager and Hornett 2 way pager at great prices, better than any shop you'll ever find. Spring is coming up, the last thing u want is to see someone else cruising in your ride 5 cars ahead of u while u in your best friends ridge bumming a ride to class....
Why the north east only? I would be interested in one of these alarms as soon as I can get a job.

Old 03-06-2003, 06:08 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

was anything visible?