4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

My 95 SE 5spd and Questions (long)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 09:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My 95 SE 5spd and Questions (long)

This is my first time posting here. I just bought my first Maxima or Nissan for that matter. I love it! Man its every thing I love about cars. Its seems like it has been babyed and from the impression I got from the former owner, he was selling it because he bought an Infiniti G35 , It was pretty much garage kept an well maintained. The paint has a super black finish and has a deep shine and except for a few small touch ups on the front end from rock chips and a few tiny places where the clearcoat is gone, the paint looks great! Its black leather with all the options, the interior is pretty much perfect. Sunroof, keyless entry, the non-bose stereo that sounds like **** was planning to change it out any way. It has 68000 miles on it and was wondering if there was any thing to be looking for to need replacing or need maintenance? I think its in pretty good shape but I want to get the most out of it, performance and longevity. It's stock right now what should I do as far as mods to get the best of both worlds? I think I would like to eventually lower it a little, and put some clear corners on it and maybey some different tails. Would putting a different intake on it decrease the life of the engine any or cause it to burn an much more fuel? Is this some thing that would best be done at the same time as an exhaust system upgrade? It is a sweet car so I don't want to F!@# it up. I used to mess around with air cooled Volkswagens a litte and want my max to be round in 35 year just like the 68 squareback I just sold but looking a hell of a lot better. I would like to do the mods, but do whats best for the automobile first. Any insights or suggestions will recieve great karma!

Piece

Dr JohnnyFever
Old 03-05-2003, 09:41 PM

lol, YAYYYYYYYY, i get good karma!!!! lol, well, an intake will not kill the longevity of your engine...most mods don't cause you to burn fuel either, (except forced induction)...clear corners, and red/clear tails are nice inexpensive mods to start with, as well as a frankencar intake, and a budget y-pipe! happy modding, and welcome to the forum...and btw, other than the usual stuff, nothing major to look for!!! maybe a possible alternator recall, but i am not sure on which year... GET A CARFAX!
Old 03-05-2003, 09:45 PM
Dev

Re: My 95 SE 5spd and Questions (long)

Originally posted by drjohnnyfever
This is my first time posting here. I just bought my first Maxima or Nissan for that matter. I love it! Man its every thing I love about cars. Its seems like it has been babyed and from the impression I got from the former owner, he was selling it because he bought an Infiniti G35 , It was pretty much garage kept an well maintained. The paint has a super black finish and has a deep shine and except for a few small touch ups on the front end from rock chips and a few tiny places where the clearcoat is gone, the paint looks great! Its black leather with all the options, the interior is pretty much perfect. Sunroof, keyless entry, the non-bose stereo that sounds like **** was planning to change it out any way. It has 68000 miles on it and was wondering if there was any thing to be looking for to need replacing or need maintenance? I think its in pretty good shape but I want to get the most out of it, performance and longevity. It's stock right now what should I do as far as mods to get the best of both worlds? I think I would like to eventually lower it a little, and put some clear corners on it and maybey some different tails. Would putting a different intake on it decrease the life of the engine any or cause it to burn an much more fuel? Is this some thing that would best be done at the same time as an exhaust system upgrade? It is a sweet car so I don't want to F!@# it up. I used to mess around with air cooled Volkswagens a litte and want my max to be round in 35 year just like the 68 squareback I just sold but looking a hell of a lot better. I would like to do the mods, but do whats best for the automobile first. Any insights or suggestions will recieve great karma!

Piece

Dr JohnnyFever
get the intake, it doesn't do any harm to the engine, and its loud at WOT (wide open throttle = flooring it). lowering would be good, as well as putting on a rear sway bar for handling. probably do all the maintenance stuff like spark plugs, fuel filter, injectors, hoses.

also if you want some power, put on a ypipe.
congrats on the purchase...you'll love the car