4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

interior buttons

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 05:48 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

interior buttons

Does anyone know a good product that will clean up the window and hazard buttons. Can they be cleaned or should they be replaced.

Thanks,
Fletch
Old 03-06-2003, 05:53 AM

i dont know, but i have a good question to add to that. basically the same. Anyone here know of a good spary to use to clean the dash trim? the stock black trim. mines got all these smuge marks, wondering if i cvan get it looking alittle better, windex dont work...lol
Old 03-06-2003, 06:07 AM
Honda Convert!

DFLETCHD: the only thing i can thing of to clean them if you have a lot of gunk built up in the switches yould probably be some kind of acetone or mineral spirits, because caustic cleaners might ruin the plastic or electronics but with mineral spirits or acetone it dries very quickly and is a very good cleaner.

greenmax95se: the best thing for restoring for cleaning your dash would be lexol leather treatment/cleaner, or something along those lines.

Bruce
Old 03-06-2003, 07:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by papasmurf
DFLETCHD: the only thing i can thing of to clean them if you have a lot of gunk built up in the switches yould probably be some kind of acetone or mineral spirits, because caustic cleaners might ruin the plastic or electronics but with mineral spirits or acetone it dries very quickly and is a very good cleaner.

greenmax95se: the best thing for restoring for cleaning your dash would be lexol leather treatment/cleaner, or something along those lines.

Bruce
Thanks Bruce,

Looks like all the buttons are fading to white ( like old plastic) will aceone or mineral spirits help this too

fletch
Old 03-06-2003, 07:22 AM
Honda Convert!

Originally posted by DFLETCHD

Thanks Bruce,

Looks like all the buttons are fading to white ( like old plastic) will aceone or mineral spirits help this too

fletch
No for that youll have to get new buttons but let me know what buttons they are and i might have a bunch of them laying around and i might have the ones that you need. Let me know

Bruce
Old 03-06-2003, 07:27 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by papasmurf

No for that youll have to get new buttons but let me know what buttons they are and i might have a bunch of them laying around and i might have the ones that you need. Let me know

Bruce

All of the window buttons, hazard light button, securtiy button, defogger switch. It would be great if you have them

Thanks,
Fletch
Old 03-06-2003, 07:51 AM
Honda Convert!

Originally posted by DFLETCHD

All of the window buttons, hazard light button, securtiy button, defogger switch. It would be great if you have them

Thanks,
Fletch
DOnt have the window switch but i do have the other ones and ill get a price from my hook up, ill write you a pm and let you know later

Bruce
Old 03-06-2003, 07:52 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

Clean your Dash and buttons with a product called 303. It's MUCH better than ****ty-***-armorall. the black parts of the dash look MUCH better with 303...not all greasy and ghetto.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:01 AM

I recently used Meguire's Clear Plastic Polish on everything in my center console and it made it look like new again. I even used it on the turn signal and windsheild wiper stalk. Looks pretty good and got a lot of gunk off.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by MacGyver265
I recently used Meguire's Clear Plastic Polish on everything in my center console and it made it look like new again. I even used it on the turn signal and windsheild wiper stalk. Looks pretty good and got a lot of gunk off.
Hey did you use that on the metal parts of the center console?? Because I was wondering as well the best way to clean that. I have just wiped it down with a clean damp rag.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:17 AM

Well, it was plastic polish, so no. I also don't have any metal parts on my console, they are either black plastic, clear plastic, or the false woodgrain/marble/whateverthehellitis. The plastic polish works well for these. I wouldn't recommend using this stuff on glass or metal though, there is other stuff specifically for that.