4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

You guys know much about MaxSpeed springs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 09:28 AM
Maxima95Tuner

You guys know much about MaxSpeed springs?

I can get a good deal on them, and I was thinking about buying them. I have a few questions though.

1. Anyone have these on their car?
2. Anyone have pics of the drop with these on their car?
3. Would it damage my struts or anything else on the car by just putting the springs on? (I plan on getting a camber kit)

Thanks for the info, and I wouldnt be asking, but the search function is disabled.

Old 03-09-2003, 09:29 AM
Cumalittle

all i knoe is that they r cheap...

Old 03-09-2003, 09:34 AM

Hey

Hey, I have these springs and love them. I had a coil chopped from each spring before the install and I have had no problems. I am running them on stock struts. The drop is about 1.75 with the chopped coil, and the ride is not bouncy at all. I would definetly give them an A+ recommendation.

P.S- You can thank Luke for instant messaging me and bringing this thread to my attention.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:43 AM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Re: You guys know much about MaxSpeed springs?

Originally posted by Maxima95Tuner
I can get a good deal on them, and I was thinking about buying them. I have a few questions though.

1. Anyone have these on their car?
2. Anyone have pics of the drop with these on their car?
3. Would it damage my struts or anything else on the car by just putting the springs on? (I plan on getting a camber kit)

Thanks for the info, and I wouldnt be asking, but the search function is disabled.
Just get hydraulics on your car, its much better. And you could get mad chicks like that. Just show your car in the neighborhood. Do some crazy move. Represent west cost and you be rich man.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:55 AM

Re: Re: You guys know much about MaxSpeed springs?

Originally posted by CystumMax

Just get hydraulics on your car, its much better. And you could get mad chicks like that. Just show your car in the neighborhood. Do some crazy move. Represent west cost and you be rich man.
- hydros would bend the maxima's chassis in no time.......air bags is the way to go. ANyways..... Maxspeed springs are comparable to H&R springs, most people like them as they claim to give an even drop with a fairly comfortable ride
Old 03-09-2003, 09:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: You guys know much about MaxSpeed springs?

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe

- hydros would bend the maxima's chassis in no time.......air bags is the way to go. ANyways..... Maxspeed springs are comparable to H&R springs, most people like them as they claim to give an even drop with a fairly comfortable ride
]

NO after you get reinforcement it will be set. you just need to reinforce the max chassis. and i dont think is that bad. but anyway you should do hydros it will be well respected car after that.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Maxima95Tuner

there is no way in bloody hell Im gonna make my car look that ghetto.

Anyways, new question. After talking it over with someone, Ive decided to drop the car about 1.25 - 1.35 inches. All I've seen from Maxspeed is 2 inch drops. Anyone know a spring that will only give me that 1.25 - 1.35 drop?

Old 03-09-2003, 10:12 AM

there is no way in bloody hell Im gonna make my car look that ghetto.

Anyways, new question. After talking it over with someone, Ive decided to drop the car about 1.25 - 1.35 inches. All I've seen from Maxspeed is 2 inch drops. Anyone know a spring that will only give me that 1.25 - 1.35 drop?

whats wrong with making your car look like that. thats not ghetto, thats respect. and put some 19" rims on your car (chrome). you be in good shape. because with hydros you could adjust the hight of the car. so one day you could drop your car 2" another day 10" it depense how far down you want to go. you then automatically get chiks. good luck.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Maxima95Tuner

whats wrong with making your car look like that. thats not ghetto, thats respect. and put some 19" rims on your car (chrome). you be in good shape. because with hydros you could adjust the hight of the car. so one day you could drop your car 2" another day 10" it depense how far down you want to go. you then automatically get chiks. good luck.
And then I can put the gold 150 spoke wheels on and gold plate the whoel bottom, and enter one of the jumping contests!

Also, does anyone have pics of their car lowered with stock wheels? I needa see this!!

Old 03-09-2003, 11:26 AM

And then I can put the gold 150 spoke wheels on and gold plate the whoel bottom, and enter one of the jumping contests!

Also, does anyone have pics of their car lowered with stock wheels? I needa see this!!

Hell yeah now you talking.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:29 AM
Maxima95Tuner

Hell yeah now you talking.

Old 03-09-2003, 12:41 PM
Maxima owner since 2000

why, yes i do.

Click Me!
Old 03-09-2003, 05:37 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Originally posted by KrZyMaX

why, yes i do.

Click Me!
Oh man that looks so good!!!

Old 03-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

yes........

clicky my home page...right after install
D
Old 03-10-2003, 06:06 AM

Suspension Techniques springs will lower the car 1.3". be aware they are stiff
Old 03-10-2003, 06:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

To get the drop you are looking for H&R's and Eibach's, maxspeeds are the area you are looking. It is always recomended in replacing your shocks/struts when upgrading suspension to help avoid early shock/strut failure. Maxspeeds don't give a 2" drop. The only spring that comes close to 2" are sprints.

Hydrolics..what the heck are you thinking. Now, thats not even a suspension, that would be 10X worse than riding a riced civic on bumpstops.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Maxima95Tuner

Originally posted by MaxWolf
To get the drop you are looking for H&R's and Eibach's, maxspeeds are the area you are looking. It is always recomended in replacing your shocks/struts when upgrading suspension to help avoid early shock/strut failure. Maxspeeds don't give a 2" drop. The only spring that comes close to 2" are sprints.

Hydrolics..what the heck are you thinking. Now, thats not even a suspension, that would be 10X worse than riding a riced civic on bumpstops.
lol the Hydrolics were just a joke

Yeah Im prolly going to go with Eibachs, not Maxspeeds. I was going to go for the full 2 inch drop, but decided not to.

Old 03-10-2003, 11:30 AM
pMB

why not 2 inch drop?

why eibachs?

I thought sprint gives 2 inch drop all four corners and is a little bit harsher than eibachs.

Eibachs do 1.2-1.3 inch drop, good for some other cars without 4x4 effect, but not very effective on maxima 4x4. I believe 2 inch drop is a must.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Maxima95Tuner

Re: why not 2 inch drop?

Originally posted by pMB
why eibachs?

I thought sprint gives 2 inch drop all four corners and is a little bit harsher than eibachs.

Eibachs do 1.2-1.3 inch drop, good for some other cars without 4x4 effect, but not very effective on maxima 4x4. I believe 2 inch drop is a must.
Yeah I normally would do a 2 inch drop, but my dad wont allow me to go more than abou 1.3 - 1.4 inches. Im going to go ahead and get some KYB AGX struts along with the eibachs, and when I turn 18, I will go to some Ground Control coilovers. For now, they eibachs work fine for me.

Old 03-10-2003, 01:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

maxspeeds definitely do not drop 2".... its much closer to 1"
Old 03-10-2003, 02:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i have em. its a nice drop with a frim ride. I didnt want to go too low becasue i knew i was going to get a kit and did not want to worry too much about scapeing everywhere. here is a before and after on my car http://home.socal.rr.com/dhan/Main22.html
Old 03-10-2003, 03:53 PM

have you looked into Progress springs? If not you should.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by djshawnee
maxspeeds definitely do not drop 2".... its much closer to 1"

werd
Old 03-10-2003, 05:18 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Originally posted by infinit30t
have you looked into Progress springs? If not you should.
Tell me more about the springs of which you speak.

Old 03-10-2003, 06:08 PM

Tell me more about the springs of which you speak.
I have been looking around at springs for well over a year now and the progress springs really caught my eye because they are lower than H&R, Eibach, Maxspeed, Suspension Techniques, and B&G's, comparable to Intrax, but are not as low as Sprints. The ride on the Progress springs is supposed to be close to H&R, I'll let you know when I get my shocks in and get it all on. I am also putting Motivational rear mounts to restore some needed suspension travel in the back. Maybe you should post a new thread regarding Progress springs to get some feedback from others who actually have them on their cars. Or you could pm a moderator to search for you since us mere mortals cannot access it any longer.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:38 PM
Maxima95Tuner

Originally posted by infinit30t

I have been looking around at springs for well over a year now and the progress springs really caught my eye because they are lower than H&R, Eibach, Maxspeed, Suspension Techniques, and B&G's, comparable to Intrax, but are not as low as Sprints. The ride on the Progress springs is supposed to be close to H&R, I'll let you know when I get my shocks in and get it all on. I am also putting Motivational rear mounts to restore some needed suspension travel in the back. Maybe you should post a new thread regarding Progress springs to get some feedback from others who actually have them on their cars. Or you could pm a moderator to search for you since us mere mortals cannot access it any longer.
See, if I could, I would get airbags and slam my car to the ground, but *cough* daddy *cough* says no. Im probably going to stick with the Eibachs just for the amount that the drop is