4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

stupid maxima rant......long

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 12:21 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

stupid maxima rant......long

okay final worthless post before i finally goto bed....

I was out driving today, since it was warm as hell, (that's right 40 degrees after 6 months of single-digits is warm) and there was no ice or crap on the roads, i figure i'd drive the car since the alignment was done. So i'm driving down the road, and i start noticing that like every other car, or every two cars is a maxima. I'm thinking this is cool as hell until i realize that every single one of them is being driven by a grandma. So i get on the highway, and i'm driving for like 2 exits, and i see another black SE-L with red/clears....and i'm like whoa, another maxima modder near me. I notice that the person is getting off at the next exit, conviently where i was planning to get off. So we get off the highway, drive down the next road, and as i'm planning to take a backroad that leads to my house, i notice the car pulling into the local shopping center. I figure i'll follow it in, just to see what else the dude did to it. the car pulls in, i notice the car has clear corners too (yay!) and parks...i park a section away and watch. The door opens, and who steps out, but a soccor mom. WTF?!?!?!? I walk over to the car, amazed that such a great car was wasted on someone that will not enjoy the potential, and as i'm admiring it, i notice the black leather, the tinted sunroof, the bose headunit, the variable wiper stalk, and then the kicker: The 5-speed shift ****. I walked away crying; this car had everything that i could ever want on my car, and it's being wasted.
DAMN!!!!

Okay, I'm done. Now bring on the flames about not judging people, but before you do, take notice of the next max you see, and who's driving it. Then flame me.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:36 AM
I aim to misbehave.

Re: stupid maxima rant......long

Originally posted by fearthegecko

I was out driving today, since it was warm as hell, (that's right 40 degrees after 6 months of single-digits is warm) and there was no ice or crap on the roads, i figure i'd drive the car since the alignment was done. So i'm driving down the road, and i start noticing that like every other car, or every two cars is a maxima. I'm thinking this is cool as hell until i realize that every single one of them is being driven by a grandma. So i get on the highway, and i'm driving for like 2 exits, and i see another black SE-L with red/clears....and i'm like whoa, another maxima modder near me. I notice that the person is getting off at the next exit, conviently where i was planning to get off. So we get off the highway, drive down the next road, and as i'm planning to take a backroad that leads to my house, i notice the car pulling into the local shopping center. I figure i'll follow it in, just to see what else the dude did to it. the car pulls in, i notice the car has clear corners too (yay!) and parks...i park a section away and watch. The door opens, and who steps out, but a soccor mom. WTF?!?!?!? I walk over to the car, amazed that such a great car was wasted on someone that will not enjoy the potential, and as i'm admiring it, i notice the black leather, the tinted sunroof, the bose headunit, the variable wiper stalk, and then the kicker: The 5-speed shift ****. I walked away crying; this car had everything that i could ever want on my car, and it's being wasted.
DAMN!!!!

Okay, I'm done. Now bring on the flames about not judging people, but before you do, take notice of the next max you see, and who's driving it. Then flame me.

You have a 99SE-L and you don't have a variable wiper stalk? Also, regardless of who was actually driving that car, the owner obviously knew what he/she was doing. At least it didn't have a touring wing and a GT-R badge

P.S. What "corner light" mod did you do?

Doug
Old 03-12-2003, 02:50 AM

I'm thinking that despite what you thought just by looking at her...
1) She was probably the hottest piece of a$$ you never got
2) Had you talked to her you might have found out that she's a die hard auto enthusiast.
I see women, some of them older, driving all sorts of sporty/sports cars every day not to mention jeeps and 4 wheel drive pickups. Sisters are doing what they want nowadays. Also, I drive fast everywhere I go and you would be surprised how often I get challenged by women. The last time I was challenged in my Maxima was by a women in her late 30's driving a minivan. Yeah, she was driving a minivan but the point is that she drove the hell outta that thing.
Old 03-12-2003, 03:29 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

damn man, the last time i got challenged was with a 17 year old driving an integra and a 50 year old driving a mercedes E55 AMG.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:31 AM

my last challenge was this morning @ 7 am...stupid 20 year old in a golf!!! he didn't stand a chance
Old 03-12-2003, 04:33 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

My mom drives a GS400. I know she drives the hell out of it and it isn't "wasted" on someone who doesn't appreciate it.

You never know...
Old 03-12-2003, 05:05 AM

my mom is getting close to 60 and she still drives fast. I personalyl think she still drives crappily, but then 99.9% of people drive crappily, IMO.

Anyway, looks are usually deceiving. AND perhaps she borrowed her son's or daughter's car? Maybe it's a shared car?
Old 03-12-2003, 06:46 AM

yeah well me and my automatic just met a girl at my school with a 98 5-speed..how unfair is that...and shes one of those people who drive like 15 under the speed limit
Old 03-12-2003, 07:02 AM

Last year I ttok part in a local Hill Country Rally and apart from the usual quota of Vettes, M3's and a Acura NSX, there was this girl in her early 20's driving a Miata (roll-cage and all). When we started the rally I thought I'd get in front her so she would not hold me up or anything. Right after we hit the twisties - she was right on my back bumper and on a couple of those turns I could see her power sliding the little miata out of the corners. Sure, when we hit a straight I'd pull away - (yeah - it takes a lot of skill to mash my right foot ).

Next rest stop, I let her get ahead of me. Chaged the way I look at women drivers forever.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:25 AM

dude, it is precisely thanks to these grandma/grandpa Max owners that we get the chance to pick'em up used, in pristine condition, after they've babied the Max for 2 or 3 years.

I had an ear to ear smile when I went to test drive my 98GLE, fresh in from a trade, only to find the previous owner's receipts for the Max's maintenance with a senior citizen discount on each and every one .

As far as I am concerned -- keep on buying brand new Max grandma and grandpa, and trade'em in for me to pick up..!
Old 03-12-2003, 09:40 AM
V^___^V

DAMN!!!!

lol...i'm 18 but i'm still in my 2nd semester in high school, and i don't like to drive my maxima into school parking lot cuz accident happens a lot =X so i let my mom drives my max and i drive the family van... she doesn't drive much besides to work, which is a 5 minutes drive =) but i take my baby back over the weekend and add a mod or few here and there... soon enough i will take full-control over my max~~

don't flame me on this, i jus wanna keep a descent milage on my max since my mom doesn't drive around too much, and i can add milage to the family van which has 130k on there already~~
Old 03-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

Re: Re: stupid maxima rant......long

Originally posted by Speebs

You have a 99SE-L and you don't have a variable wiper stalk? Also, regardless of who was actually driving that car, the owner obviously knew what he/she was doing. At least it didn't have a touring wing and a GT-R badge

P.S. What "corner light" mod did you do?

Doug
I have a stripped SE-L. I added in the variable wipers afterwards. The Corner light mod is where you get the lights to be brighter.

And as far as the wing...there's a kid down the street from me with a 3rd gen and a sweet blue paintjob, and a touring wing. I love that car, but i cringe everytime i see the wing.

i wasn't challenged by her. And if i was, i wouldn't have gone for it anyway, too much traffic on the road.

I think what i was saying is that it just annoys me that with so many maxima owners being seniors, the car has a bad rap. Which, is cool when you blow by someone and totally surprise the **** outta them, but it sucks that every time You're talking cars with someone, and you mention maximas, they don't accept it as a fast or moddable car. And it's only until you prove it to them that the max is given a chance.
Old 03-12-2003, 12:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: stupid maxima rant......long

I think what i was saying is that it just annoys me that with so many maxima owners being seniors, the car has a bad rap. Which, is cool when you blow by someone and totally surprise the **** outta them, but it sucks that every time You're talking cars with someone, and you mention maximas, they don't accept it as a fast or moddable car. And it's only until you prove it to them that the max is given a chance.
well you know, it is a '4' door family sedan...no matter what you DO to it..there will always be more of the senior crowd driving such a comfortable, smooth riding car rather than a rough riding 2 door sports car...especially the ladiez..
Old 03-13-2003, 01:33 AM

hey man, outside of the US the maxima is considered a luxury car, not just a regular sedan, it's just that next to a full size caddilac, thr maxima looks a little tame here.

but anyway, soon enough my brothers (and sisters), we shall take over the planet and rid the world of Honduhs....MUWAHAHAHAHHA
Old 03-13-2003, 06:05 AM
aka UNCDooD

I like the fact that a majority of the people here in Richmond that drive Maximas are Soccer mom's and old farts. Just adds more amazement to people when I bust someone in the *** or make a 14-second pass down the track. My car is more unique this way.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:29 AM

I know what you're saying man. But you sound like a sexist.

How do you know she doesn't appreciate it? And maybe it's not hers
Old 03-15-2003, 03:15 AM

My wife gets those same looks when she drives my whip. I told her whatever you do just don't get beat by a jr. racer in their P.O.S. sticker modded four banger with the aluminum wing. Then I'll have every focus and corolla S trying to prove themselves.
Old 03-15-2003, 04:53 AM

Im sooooooooo hoping that lady reads this thread and curses you out. She could be a die hard Max enthusiast. or she could just have good taste...nothing hotter than a soccer mom with a 5spd. oh yeah!
Old 03-15-2003, 10:09 AM
I aim to misbehave.

Re: Re: Re: stupid maxima rant......long

I have a stripped SE-L. I added in the variable wipers afterwards. The Corner light mod is where you get the lights to be brighter.

And as far as the wing...there's a kid down the street from me with a 3rd gen and a sweet blue paintjob, and a touring wing. I love that car, but i cringe everytime i see the wing.

i wasn't challenged by her. And if i was, i wouldn't have gone for it anyway, too much traffic on the road.

As soon as I posted the wiper switch question I noticed like 3 other threads about it. my 95 GXE had the variable stalk and so does my 99 so I just assumed they all had it (how cheap of Nissan NOT to make it standard on every SE!!)

Personally, I don't talk to people who know a ton about cars or race or mod or anything like that. But the average person hears me say "I drive a Maxima" and they're always impressed. Maybe it's because I'm just in college, but everyone at work/school/home and even grandparents think it's pretty sweet (and acknowledge that it's better than their cars )

D
Old 03-15-2003, 10:17 AM

You ever think that is her sons/husbands car?
Old 03-15-2003, 01:32 PM

The door opens, and who steps out, but a soccor mom. WTF?!?!?!? I The 5-speed shift ****. I walked away crying; this car had everything that i could ever want on my car, and it's being wasted.
DAMN!!!!

Just think: That soccer mom was once a hot babe! But then again, I didn't see her.

I know what you mean. I used to have a 1st gen SHO. I saw a lot of Seniors in those cars. And they only came in 5 speeds. Who says your ever too old to haul ***??
Old 03-16-2003, 08:37 AM

when i get old i plan on owning something to the effect of an M5 to haul by old a$$ around town
Old 03-16-2003, 09:31 AM

sometimes when my car is behind my moms she will take mine if shes just doing something quick. im sure people look at her and say what the h*ll is she driving a modded car for