4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

4th generation body kits explained…

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 12:33 PM

4th generation body kits explained…

In this thread I will give information on each of the different body kits available for the 4th generation Maxima along with pictures of each. Since there are always a lot of questions regarding body kits it should help some people out . Body kits can get a little confusing since there are some renamed/re-badged kits out there. And also since some sites sell kits made by another company though there own site (for example how Erebuni sells the Sarona kit). A note about the prices, they were all obtained from the company who makes the kit’s website. So in other words if you search around you can find the kits for cheaper than the prices listed. And I am pretty sure that I got every body kit available besides the customs ones obviously, but if not let me know. O and one final thing to keep in mind is that body kits tend to look much better on hooked up and lowered maxima’s rather than near stock, like the maximas in a few of the pictures are.

Stillen Areokit

Prices: Complete 95-96 kit- $700 + shipping
95-96 front lip- $209 + shipping
95-96 rear valance- $120 + shipping
complete 97-99 kit- $750 + shipping
97-99 front lip- $209 + shipping
97-99 rear valance- $120 + shipping
95-99 side skirts- $150 + shipping

The Stillen Areokit kit was one of the first body kits available for the maxima, and its also one of the most popular and common kits out. It is made out of urethane instead of fiberglass which makes it less prone to cracking. That’s another reason why many choose the Stillen kit and the fact that the fitment is pretty much perfect. Also this kit does not replace your factory bumpers like most of the others. However a few feel that the kit is too “boring”. Another note is that the front and rear for a 97-99 is different from the 95-96 front and rear.

95-96 kit

97-99 kit

Sarona Designs kit

Price: Complete 95-99 kit- $1,290 + shipping (only has price for complete kit on website)

The Sarona kit’s looks are favored by many maxima enthusiasts, any many feel that it combines an aggressive look without going to “wild”. The front and rear pieces are direct replacements of the factory bumpers. But since this kit is made out of fiberglass it is going to be more prone to cracking than a urethane kit is. I have read about quite a few fitment issues involving this kit. According to Sarona they have been resolved but people say its still not perfect. And If you have a 95 or 96 maxima and buy this kit you will need to replace your factory grill. Something to note is that this kit is also sold though Erebuni’s site which can cause some confusion and lead you to believe that Erebuni might manufacture it.

95-99 kit

Skyline kit

Prices: Complete 95-99 kit- $799 + shipping (currently on sale)
95-99 front bumper- $339 + shipping (currently on sale)
95-99 rear bumper- $259 + shipping (currently on sale)
95-99 side skirts- $259 + shipping (currently on sale)

The Skyline kit is somewhat new and is made by and sold though customaxima, the front bumper is meant to look somewhat like an R34 skyline’s front bumper (hence the skyline name). It is made of handlaid fiberglass and quality and fitment seem very good, and I have not heard of many complaints. Like the Sarona kit you will need to replace your factory grill if you are putting this kit on a 95-96 maxima. Not too many maxima owners have this kit but it is gaining popularity however. Many do not like the “big mouth” look it gives, and feel it’s a little too aggressive for the maxima but others think it’s a nice change.

95-99 kit

Erebuni kit

Price: Complete 95-96 kit- $664 + shipping (only has price for complete kit on website)

The Erebuni kit was one of the first available kits for the maxima but is not very popular. In fact I don’t think I have ever seen a maxima with this kit besides the ones on the sites that advertise it. Because of this I don’t know how the fitment is either. Its looks are… well unusual. This however is a perfect example of a kit that looks better on a hooked up max than the stock ones shown in the pictures, but still not that great. It is only made for 95-96 maximas and I am not sure what it is made out of but probably fiberglass and most likely replaces your bumpers. This kit is also sold though Sarona’s site which can cause some confusion and lead you to believe that Sarona might manufacture it.

95-96 kit

Ionic Dynamics kit

Prices: Complete 97-99 kit- $550 shipped
97-99 front lip- $220 shipped
97-99 one piece rear valance- $215 shipped
95-99 two piece rear valance- $150 shipped
95-99 side skirts- $270 shipped

The Ionic dynamics kit is not all too popular but still a nice kit. If you buy the kit for a 95-96 you are going to have to buy a front end made by another company since they do not make one. Many people tend to go with the Stillen front end and feel that it matches well with the rest of the kit. They do however make a front lip for 97-99 maximas and also an exclusive one piece rear end made only for 97-99 maxima’s. This kit is made out of handlaid fiberglass rather than urethane, and I am not 100% sure but it think that the front end replaces the factory bumper. And I have not heard anything bad regarding fitment either.

97-99 front lip
Pic was too big to put in thread

97-99 one piece rear valance

95-99 two piece rear valance and side skirts

JT Auto-Style Type Cyber kit
Price: ? (no prices on their website)

The JT Auto-Style Type Cyber kit just recently came out for the maxima, it consists of JT’s Type Cyber front bumper, Evo 2 rear bumper, and Evo 5 side skirts to make the full Type Cyber kit. Most people think that it is ugly and the front end is too curved for the maxima. However some feel that the rear is not to bad and the sides are just well plain. It is apparently only available for 95-98 maximas. Another weird thing about this kit is that it eliminates your turn signals and fog lights, So you would have to wire your parking lights to act as blinkers. This kit is made out of fiberglass and replaces your factory bumpers. I have not heard anything about fitment since very few maxima’s have this kit. But one that comes to mind and actually looks good with the kit is an orange one with a lot of custom bodywork done to it, which I have included a picture of below.

95-98 kit

Black Widow/ Spyder 1 front end

Website: www.visionautodynamics.com (this is where the font end can be bought)
Price: 95-99 front end- $299 + shipping

The Black widow or Spyder 1 front end as some call it is actually the front end from a Honda accord Black Widow body kit, but can be molded to fit the Maxima. I have heard that it is a ton of work involved to do so however. I believe that only a few maxima’s have this front end on, because most feel that it is not worth the trouble to get it on.

95-99 front end

Urethane kit

Prices: Complete 95-96 kit- $750 + shipping
95-96 front lip- $245 + shipping
95-96 rear valance- $245 + shipping
complete 97-99 kit- $750 + shipping
97-99 front lip- $245 + shipping
97-99 rear valance- $245 + shipping
95-99 side skirts- $285 + shipping

The Urethane kit is the same thing as the Stillen kit except that it does not have the Stillen name on it. It is sold though custommaxima.

Razzi kit

Prices: Complete 95-96 kit $595 shipped
95-96 front air dam- $245 shipped
95-96 rear air dam- $235 shipped
95-96 side skirts- $210 shipped

The Razzi kit is the same thing as the Erebuni kit but is cheaper though their site. I am not sure if Razzi re-badged it with their name on it or not.

Extreme Dimensions Type Cyber kit

Prices: Complete 95-98 kit- $749 + shipping
95-98 front bumper- $325 + shipping
95-98 rear bumper- $325 + shipping
95-98 side skirts- $299 + shipping

The Extreme Dimensions Type Cyber kit is the same thing as the JT Auto-style Type Cyber kit. But ED sells it though their site and calls it there own. I do not know if they have re-badged it with the ED name on it or not.

Well there it is, This should help out anyone who has questions about the different body kits or just wants to find out what one looks like quickly. And if you want to check out more pictures of a certain body kit just go to the manufactures website. That’s where I got mostly all the pictures of the body kits shown here, and there were more on most of the sites.
Old 03-19-2003, 12:37 PM

I barely fit this thread in here! Since it was over 1,000 chracters long, i had to cut it down a little. And now it wont let me edit it and says i am over the image limit. I tired to post half of it in the thread above and half of it here but that did not work either. O well at least i got it on here and feel it is comprihensive enough. But i guess if i needed to add/edit it in the future i could just add it to a new post in this thread. Anyway comments/compliments are welcome. And i might add this to the FAQ if it fits.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:21 PM

No replys
Old 03-19-2003, 03:31 PM

looks really good, i think its great

some other info would be approx how much it costs for install and a paint match?
Old 03-19-2003, 03:35 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Old 03-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

wow, the fact you took the time and patience to put that up

very helpful as well..

eric
Old 03-19-2003, 04:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Thanks for this thread! I'm currently trying to figure out which would be the best looking kit or combination for my 95 maxima. Does anyone have any opinions?
Old 03-19-2003, 04:35 PM

Great job putting all the info together...
Old 03-19-2003, 04:40 PM
My heroine

Originally posted by 99Maxima5sp
wow, the fact you took the time and patience to put that up

very helpful as well..

eric
Old 03-19-2003, 04:41 PM

I never saw the pic of the orange car with the cyber kit, actually, the kit doesn't look THAT bad. From the other pic of the black car, it looked horrible! But still...
Old 03-19-2003, 04:43 PM

Oh yeah, nice thread BTW
Old 03-19-2003, 05:03 PM
Master Will

cool thread...
Old 03-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Shiver me timbers.

Originally posted by metallic97gxe
cool thread...
What he said.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:02 PM

very good job on research and posting. it will be very helpful for all orf members. mabey a lil info on how much instalation and painting of bodykits cost could be helpful. im clueless to how much kit install and paint is, many people tell me the paid 400-600 for instal and paint it seems a lil expensive to me. well any way great job
Old 03-19-2003, 07:42 PM
I aim to misbehave.

Sticky sticky... (or at least a link in the FAQ)
Old 03-19-2003, 08:00 PM

theres no way he can post prices for paint and installation since its up to YOUR individual shop to produce those prices. It may cost one person $2000 for install and paint, and another person $700. depends on the shop, your connections, body work needed to fit and so on. Theres no straight up answer.

eric
Old 03-19-2003, 10:06 PM

This Thread is very well done, and quite informative.

Good Job!

White96MaxSE
Old 03-19-2003, 11:18 PM

Ionic correction

Nice writeup. Just one thing...Ionic front is a lip, not a direct bumper replacement. Also, Jose, the owner of Ionic, says the front end will be available for the 95-96.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:42 AM

bookmarked for future reference ... and most likely will be added to the FAQs in the near future when I get some time.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:43 AM

Nice thread, you might want to post it in the FAQs so it will be up there FOREVER.

- The Chad
Old 03-20-2003, 10:34 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Good job
needs to be in the FAQ

Old 03-20-2003, 10:58 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Originally posted by Smithdogg1
I barely fit this thread in here! Since it was over 1,000 chracters long, i had to cut it down a little. And now it wont let me edit it and says i am over the image limit. I tired to post half of it in the thread above and half of it here but that did not work either. O well at least i got it on here and feel it is comprihensive enough. But i guess if i needed to add/edit it in the future i could just add it to a new post in this thread. Anyway comments/compliments are welcome. And i might add this to the FAQ if it fits.
Good stuff.. I have no doubt this thread will help many members in the present and future.

BTW- Custommaxima is not the only vendor that sells Skyline kit. Please check your email. Thanks!

Ange
Old 03-20-2003, 11:37 AM

Whoa thanks for all the compliments guys! And yes I thought about putting in prices for painting and installation but they vary too much so I didn’t bother. So the ionic is only a lip huh, and they are coming out with a 95-96 front lip too. That’s good to know but too bad I cannot edit it into the thread. Since whenever I try to do so it says I have too many images. So the only way to do it would be to delete this thread and post it over with the new info which I probably not even worth the hassle. Plus I don’t even think any more text would fit in since its right under the 1,000 character limit! Maybe a mod would be able to edit it? And I know that a few other vendors sell the skyline kit (relinemax.com comes to mind) but customaxima was the first one to sell the kit I believe. Also to Clee (or any other mod) you might also want to check out this thread that I wrote (link is below), it is a list of who makes which aftermarket modifications for the 4th gen maxima. It should be pretty helpful and should probabaly be added to the FAQ also. But for now should I just provide a link to both of these threads in the FAQ?

Link to "list of who makes which modifications for the 4th generation maxima"

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&pagenumber=1
Old 03-21-2003, 09:07 AM

Bump to the top! O and i found some better pictures of the JT auto-Style Type Cyber kit kit on that orange maxima. There is a good rear pic, which is nice since it was hard to see in on the black maxima. Too bad i cant put them in the orignal post but check them out. Its really not that bad looking on a hooked up max huh. In near the future I might end up trying to do a revised body kit thread. Adding some of the new info i know now, and some pics like these to the new thread.

Old 03-21-2003, 10:44 AM

Skyline Bodykit

Whoa thanks for all the compliments guys!
Hi- If it isn't too much trouble, please add www.RedlineMax.com to your list of vendors selling Skyline bodykit.

Skyline Full bodykit: $780
Front bumper: $325
Sideskirts: $240
Rear bumper: $240

Thanks in advance.
Angela L.
www.RedlineMax.com
646-772-9240
Old 03-21-2003, 11:34 AM

If i redo the thread i will add it, but right now i cant. Since it will not even let my edit my post. Every time i try it says i have too many images. And i dont even really have a list of vedors anyway, i just listed the website and prices of the company who manufacters the kit only. I was thinking of doing a list of vendors with prices that but amixam98 has already started that (http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=196956). Sorry about your e-mail, you said you sent me one. I have not been able (and still cant) to get into my mail box for the past few days.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:41 PM

... I was thinking of doing a list of vendors with prices that but amixam98 has already started that (http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=196956). Sorry about your e-mail, you said you sent me one. I have not been able (and still cant) to get into my mail box for the past few days.
Still looks good.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:55 PM

Great job. How the hell did you bypass the three image limit though
Old 03-21-2003, 04:09 PM

Originally posted by Anachronism
Great job. How the hell did you bypass the three image limit though
its a secret
Old 03-21-2003, 04:11 PM

Wait you are only supposed to be able to post three images in one post!?! I have no idea how i got them in, somehow it let me post it but now it just wont let me edit it which kinda sucks. And that is why i am considering posting it over with some new info that i know and some new pics that i have. Ha if there is a secret too it, i would like to know it!
Old 03-23-2003, 11:53 AM

I put a link to this thread in the FAQ also...
Old 03-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Really good job Smith, really good job.

I would like to point one thing out - and this has always bothered me. I have even argued with Stillen over this. Take a look at the Stillen kit rear 2-piece ground effects for the '95/'96. It does not look like that it real life!!! I have never seen those rear pieces anywhere than in Stillen's catalogue. And I think they use the same picture to this day! It kills me. Look how they slope from the rear tire to nothing at the corner of the bumper. The actual rear '95/'96 pieces slope from the rear tire to about an inch at the bumper corner and then turn the corner and extend several inches.

I actually like the 'real life' ones better. But when I was ordering my kit, I thought it would look like the catalogue pic. I was releived when the 'real thing' showed up.

Anyone else notice this?

Smith, if you could, I would recommend replacing that pic. with an accurate pic. so people are not missled. Once again, good job.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:20 AM

Re: :o)

Originally posted by ptatohed
Really good job Smith, really good job.

I would like to point one thing out - and this has always bothered me. I have even argued with Stillen over this. Take a look at the Stillen kit rear 2-piece ground effects for the '95/'96. It does not look like that it real life!!! I have never seen those rear pieces anywhere than in Stillen's catalogue. And I think they use the same picture to this day! It kills me. Look how they slope from the rear tire to nothing at the corner of the bumper. The actual rear '95/'96 pieces slope from the rear tire to about an inch at the bumper corner and then turn the corner and extend several inches.

I actually like the 'real life' ones better. But when I was ordering my kit, I thought it would look like the catalogue pic. I was releived when the 'real thing' showed up.

Anyone else notice this?

Smith, if you could, I would recommend replacing that pic. with an accurate pic. so people are not missled. Once again, good job.

Thanks, I have noticed that also with the stillen rear end. I would edit a new pic into the thread but i cant (read some of my other posts in this thread). But i plan on deleting this thread in the future, and reposting another one with the new info that i know now and some new pics that i have. Thats the only way i will ever be able to change it, by deleting it and reposting it.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:50 PM

verry verry verry helpfull you da man
i was wondering the other day just how many kits maximas have and the prices...now i know and i owe it all to you! lol but seriously that was really very helpfull
<-we not worthyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 04-29-2004, 09:24 AM

i see that you wrote that the grille needs to be replaced on the skyline kit...theres a trenz aluminum kit for the max on customax.com would that fit in the kit without any mod? thanks btw for an awesome post
Old 04-29-2004, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by nismo_SHA
i see that you wrote that the grille needs to be replaced on the skyline kit...theres a trenz aluminum kit for the max on customax.com would that fit in the kit without any mod? thanks btw for an awesome post

Yes if you have a 95/96 maxima you will need to replace the grill with either a stock 97-99 maxima grill, or a 97-99 Trenz grill. Either one will work fine with the Skyline kit.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:43 AM

do you think this is a good combo? i want a really clean look..( im one of the guys hoping greg will make the red and clear tailights for 96' max :P) what do you think is a good combo with stillen sides and rear end aero kit.. i wanted a new front end kit because there is some disfiguring ( a weird yellow color) on my stock bumper, plus theres no housing for foglights. do you think the skyline front end would be too agressive with the aero?
Old 04-29-2004, 12:33 PM

I am honestly not a big fan of the Skyline kit, IMO it’s too much for the max and mixing a subtle body kit like the Stillen and an aggressive one like the Skyline will not look too good. If you want a more aggressive combo I would try the Skyline front with Sarona sides and rear, or the Stillen front with Sarona rear and sides. Otherwise I would recommend just getting the full stillen kit. It looks the best on the Max IMO, is fairly cheap and is made out of urethane, which is much more durable than fiberglass.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:04 PM

thanks smithdogg your the man do you happen to know if any of the of 97-99 parts on the aero fit on the 96 max?
Old 04-29-2004, 01:41 PM

or is there any way to mod a 1997 NISSAN MAXIMA FRONT BUMPER COVER to a 96? man they look much better i think..would it fit? ( sorry if im not posting in the correct threads..im new)

Quick Reply: 4th generation body kits explained…