4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Those Bastards Scratched My Rim@@

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 11:36 AM

Those Bastards Scratched My Rim@@

I went to get a hole plugged on my drivers side rear tire..lord behold one week later i go to wash my einkei rims and then i notice 5 deep notches on my rim@@!!!!! i WAS LIKE WHAT THE **** IS THAT BULL@!! I know I didn't curb park and scratch them I never park next to curb!1 I know that they did this because these are symertrical indentations in my rim (((( WHat should I do??? I'm afraid the clear coat will start pealing from those indentations and spread?? Should I make them pay for damages? What do I do??
Old 03-24-2003, 11:48 AM

Re: Those Bastards Scratched My Rim@@

Originally posted by eclypsecl
I went to get a hole plugged on my drivers side rear tire..lord behold one week later i go to wash my einkei rims and then i notice 5 deep notches on my rim@@!!!!! i WAS LIKE WHAT THE **** IS THAT BULL@!! I know I didn't curb park and scratch them I never park next to curb!1 I know that they did this because these are symertrical indentations in my rim (((( WHat should I do??? I'm afraid the clear coat will start pealing from those indentations and spread?? Should I make them pay for damages? What do I do??
This happened to my friend with Konig Villains when he took it to Sears to have his tires mounted and balanced. I suggest going back immediately, telling them what they did and never admitting any of it may be your fault. It is their obligation to pay for a new set or atleast the cost of grtting them repiared on the spot. They handed my friend $800 from the register that day. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:50 AM

I got a balance and alignment and they hacked the crap out of one of my wheels. This was at my local Nissan dealer, and they were great about it. I called them back with the price and size and THEY ordered it and paid for it, no bull**** reimbursement, and mounted it all at no cost to me, which is the way it should be.

Your only problem might be that it took you a while to notice it, so they could screw you on it. I noticed it when I picked it up. Also before they worked on it I told them I was **** about the wheels and to be extra careful and the tech had wrote that on the work order, so they felt extra bad. Still give them hell and you should get something. Good luck.
Old 03-24-2003, 02:33 PM

what if the give me trouble and say I have no proof? It really has been 2 weeks but it is that exact one wheel which they worked on. Should I ask for it to be repaired or compensation for a new one?(It's not something that can be buffed out it's 4-5 indentations).
Old 03-24-2003, 09:27 PM

i went to Sullivan Tire in my area to get some tirerack tires mount and balanced. the service advisor took a look at my wheels and said that they could not guarranty that my rims would not be scratched or damaged.. i was like WHAT?.. are you kidding me i thought you guys were pros. anyway, i left my car there to do the work cause i was very tight in time.. i spoke to the tech guy that was going to do the work and he said that he would take good care of my car since the maxima is his favorite car.. after i got my car back the rims were fine, but, i noticed a few fresh chips throughout my car like he banged the tools against my body.. i was so mad and upset.. some of those guys that work at tire places feel a lot of jealousy against people that drive nicer cars than them. so they get their little kicks by causing damage to the vehicles.
that's how it goes between the haves and the have-nots.

next time go to a higher end place where you might not find such practices.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:26 AM

Originally posted by eclypsecl
what if the give me trouble and say I have no proof? It really has been 2 weeks but it is that exact one wheel which they worked on. Should I ask for it to be repaired or compensation for a new one?(It's not something that can be buffed out it's 4-5 indentations).
If I were u I would call them ask to speak to a manager, and explain what happend. Then tell them that you have called 2 or 3 times and they have not returned your call. Give him a date and a time that you called and tell them that you don't remember who you spoke to but it was a younger sounding guy. Then tell him that your going to come in so he/she can SEE the damage and figure out how it occured. Don't mention that you want compensation over the phone, just tell him that the damage was definitely not there prior to service and that you just want to figure out how it happend. Then act very polite and civilized when you meet him and once he accepts responsibity for it seek some sort of compensation. The BS about the phone calla is just to show that you noticed it immediately and they slacked. I'm sure the place is run so poorly that they will have no problem believing that you called and they dropped the ball, got me? Good luck. This has worked for me before in many retail conflicts, mind you I honestly had gripes I wasn't just hustling. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2003, 08:07 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sucks that you got your rims scratched. But on a side note. Don't get tires plugged. Get them patched. Sure you have to unmount the tire. But the results are better!