4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Painted my grille silver

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 03:32 PM

Painted my grille silver

Yo, you should see the excellent job I've done on spray painting my black '96 SE stock grille silver; and you will soon. I took the grille out, duck taped the parts that I didn't want sprayed, and went at it. I'll get yall some pics soon as I get a digital camera cause my scanner sucks. Also, I took off the nissan emblem and I was wondering if the maxima emblem at custommaxima.com would completely fit over the place where the nissan emblem goes. You know what I'm sayin? When I took the nissan emblem off there's still the outline/shape of the emblem on the grille. It'll kinda look weird not totally covered up.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:56 PM
Custom User Title...

Re: Painted my grille silver

Originally posted by MaxRookie
Yo, you should see the excellent job I've done on spray painting my black '96 SE stock grille silver; and you will soon. I took the grille out, duck taped the parts that I didn't want sprayed, and went at it. I'll get yall some pics soon as I get a digital camera cause my scanner sucks. Also, I took off the nissan emblem and I was wondering if the maxima emblem at custommaxima.com would completely fit over the place where the nissan emblem goes. You know what I'm sayin? When I took the nissan emblem off there's still the outline/shape of the emblem on the grille. It'll kinda look weird not totally covered up.
i hope you put a clear coat cuz other wise it's gonna chip. the maxima emblem needs to be trimmed a lil to fit. check out sycefiro's(i think) homepage. he has them and has one trimmed and put in i believe. how many coats did you use of silver? i think that'll come out nice, can't wait to see pics. take it easy
Old 04-02-2003, 06:50 PM

Originally posted by Jepht20

i hope you put a clear coat cuz other wise it's gonna chip. the maxima emblem needs to be trimmed a lil to fit. check out sycefiro's(i think) homepage. he has them and has one trimmed and put in i believe. how many coats did you use of silver? i think that'll come out nice, can't wait to see pics. take it easy
Oh so you're saying that the maxima emblem is bigger than the nissan emblem? And also, by clear coating do you mean adding a layer of clear spray paint to the silver? I ask this because i sprayed some silver on a stone to test it out, let it dry for a day, then came back w/ the clear paint and when I sprayed it the silver came right off. I used two coats of silver on the grille. Oh, and how can I get to sycefiro's homepage?