4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

first time at the track and ran 14's

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by krismax
Well my track is not on that list of fast tracks if i run a great time is my time going to be questioned and will my track be added next to the list
my track is at 1500ft
Ahhh, but look at the difference in trap speed. You're not even getting 93mph yet he's getting nearly 96mph with the nearly the same mods. You're ETs are very close and so are your 60 foots. A difference of nearly 3mph suggests about 15fwhp difference between his car and yours.

Your 14.69@92.7 with a 2.25 suggests to me that you're a quick shifter and probably got a bit more traction in the first 100'.

Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 02:45 PM
Father of the 00 VI

Originally posted by Dave B

Ahhh, but look at the difference in trap speed. You're not even getting 93mph yet he's getting nearly 96mph with the nearly the same mods. You're ETs are very close and so are your 60 foots. A difference of nearly 3mph suggests about 15fwhp difference between his car and yours.

Your 14.69@92.7 with a 2.25 suggests to me that you're a quick shifter and probably got a bit more traction in the first 100'.

Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 02:55 PM

Dave
So Dave what would this logic say about my times?

As for a 15fwhp difference between their two cars with similar mods is hard to believe?

I guess the altitude difference could make the HP difference though....
Old 04-07-2003, 03:07 PM
SLOW

Originally posted by Victim64

As for a 15fwhp difference between their two cars with similar mods is hard to believe?

Much of that difference can be made up for in just conditions and the conditions of the engines.

For example. If Kiwons car dynod in conditions like we saw at the track, 40 degrees, high pressure, low humidity, he might have an extra 5hp right there. Then factor in elevation difference, there could be another 2-3hp. Take a car that dynos in 90 degree weather, low pressure, high humidity and higher elevation like 1500-2000ft, and you are looking at about 10hp less with the same mods. Factor in general condition of the engines, that could account for another 5hp either way, and you have your 15hp difference. I'm talking about standard numbers here because standard numbers are all that counts at the drag strip.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:09 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by Victim64

Your times? A 14.5@96mph and a 2.20 60' at sea level with an intake and Y-pipe is no big surprise to me at all. An intake and Y-pipe are the two most significant mods short of the MEVI/JWT combo. I've trapped 95-96mph with an intake and y-pipe at 1100', but my ETs weren't remotely as a good as yours because of my 60 foots (14.9-15.0@95-96mph).

As for the 15fwhp difference. Yes, it's a bit hard for me to believe that a Maxima with an intake is substainally faster (ie more power) than one with an intake/UDP. You really can't drive your way to a better MPH unless you're an absolutely horrible driver. I've had days where my ETs varied by .3-.4 seconds, but MPH stayed within .5mph. Many others have reported the same thing.

Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 03:12 PM

Your times? A 14.5@96mph and a 2.20 60' at sea level with an intake and Y-pipe is no big surprise to me at all. An intake and Y-pipe are the two most significant mods short of the MEVI/JWT combo. I've trapped 95-96mph with an intake and y-pipe at 1100', but my ETs weren't remotely as a good as yours because of my 60 foots (14.9-15.0@95-96mph).

Track is 500ft above sea level for the record, and not down hill
Old 04-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

If the track was so freaky then why do my times seem about normal, or even a little slow? my best runs the same day at Byron: 14.822 @ 94.42mph w/a 2.24 60'(intake Y-pipe, MEVI) and 14.681 @ 95.33mph w/a 2.27 60'(intake, y-pipe, MEVI, JWT/ECU).
Old 04-07-2003, 09:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

how mch does your car weigh? aren't the I30's a little bit heavier?
Old 04-07-2003, 10:06 PM

OK...to clear up some stuff
My brother didnt have a UDP on his car at the track. He had ran a 15.6 at GLD with a 2.7X 60' time in summer heat. Take .8 off(using for every .1 off your 60' ='s .2 off your 1/4) for a 2.3 60' time and you have a 14.9. Also, consider that it was around 40 degrees and he had 23 passes throughout the day. His car is truely fast for a auto.

The track isnt downhill, it looks like that in the pictures because of the angle I took them from. The track is level from what I could tell by eye, but the runoff goes up. It makes it look like the track is downhill.

My car trapped the same speed at Byron as it did at RT66 and Neal's traps werent abnormal either. Next time we are there, Neal and I are bringing a level and tennis ball.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:26 PM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

stupid question: would it make a difference what kind of gas you were running?

Sorry, but i've never been to a real dragstrip. The closest thing we have out here is an airport runway that can only be used after 9pm, and until the cops kick us out. Other than that, the closest one is E-town at 2 hours away. It's be cool if pocono raceway had a strip....
Old 04-07-2003, 11:03 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by MAX2000JP
OK...to clear up some stuff
My brother didnt have a UDP on his car at the track. He had ran a 15.6 at GLD with a 2.7X 60' time in summer heat. Take .8 off(using for every .1 off your 60' ='s .2 off your 1/4) for a 2.3 60' time and you have a 14.9. Also, consider that it was around 40 degrees and he had 23 passes throughout the day. His car is truely fast for a auto.

The track isnt downhill, it looks like that in the pictures because of the angle I took them from. The track is level from what I could tell by eye, but the runoff goes up. It makes it look like the track is downhill.

My car trapped the same speed at Byron as it did at RT66 and Neal's traps werent abnormal either. Next time we are there, Neal and I are bringing a level and tennis ball.
1) But did he run a 15.6@94-95mph? A .1 lower 60' equals .2 in the 1/4 really doesn't apply when he's pulling HORRENDOUS 2.7 60' because the 60 is SO bad it's hard to gauge things. Seriously, I think I could run 0-60' faster than 2.7 seconds

2) Isn't downhill? I can understand that the camera isn't level, but there is definately an obvious slope. You can even see it in the field in the foreground.

3) What's a level and a tennis ball going to prove on a 1/4 mile track? You need to shoot elevations with survey equipment to see the truth. Just speaking from experience and all the work I do survy wise, that track is definately downhill, at least on the far end. The launch area look perfectly level, but it looks like towards the end of the track, they cheaped out and followed the natural contour of the land. This is not uncommon. Did the downhill slope help you guys, maybe a little, but nothing really substainal. It's just a quick track and I'll leave it at that.

This IS WHY I WANT A MAXUS located centrally to the US therefore most people have equal distances to drive. From there we can TRUELY see who's the quickest and best driver. PERIOD. All Maxima's on the SAME TRACK AT THE SAME TIME. No excuses. Comparing Joe Blow's ET/MPH to John Smith's ET/MPH eight states away PROVES NOTHING!!!!!

Dave
Old 04-07-2003, 11:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You guys are crazy. "Most" everybody on here is all about having the fastest car. "Mine is faster than yours". The guy got good times. If you are hating on his times then go to that track and run your pocket rocket down there too. Congradulations to 2kMax for your times. And good luck to whoever is in the "title for the fastest maxima".
Old 04-08-2003, 12:26 AM
I H8 COPS

anyone from IL here?

Where are these tracks anyway? I'm right by Chicago...I head or rt 66 but not the other two. I'll go there soon...and hopefully smoke all of you

Old 04-08-2003, 02:53 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by 96shogunmax
You guys are crazy. "Most" everybody on here is all about having the fastest car. "Mine is faster than yours". The guy got good times. If you are hating on his times then go to that track and run your pocket rocket down there too. Congradulations to 2kMax for your times. And good luck to whoever is in the "title for the fastest maxima".
again.. who is hating?

why would i be jealous of a bolt on maxima?

why would i be confused as to if a bolt on maxima is faster than mine?
Old 04-08-2003, 05:36 AM

Originally posted by 96sleeper
how mch does your car weigh? aren't the I30's a little bit heavier?
I could have weighed it at the track but I did not know the scale was working. Nissan claims a gross weight of 3150. I had about 100lbs of weight reduction, spare, passanger seat, and rear bench. So a guess would be around 3000lbs, but I can't really say for sure. But I had 53lb wheel and tire combo on ther rear which I am sure slowed me a little.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:15 AM

Originally posted by SprintMax

again.. who is hating?

Didnt call your name out, but you sure jumped up real fast.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:27 AM
www.autotalk.com

again.. who is hating?

Well if his BOLT on his running those times then think what he can do after SC?? He didnt build the track, he just went to his NEAREST track to run his car and shared the times with the org. I think he should be congratulated and if you doubt his times then go to the track and run your car.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:29 AM

Originally posted by Max4Speed

Well if his BOLT on his running those times then think what he can do after SC?? He didnt build the track, he just went to his NEAREST track to run his car and shared the times with the org. I think he should be congratulated and if you doubt his times then go to the track and run your car.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:44 AM
I am Roid Rage

This IS WHY I WANT A MAXUS located centrally to the US therefore most people have equal distances to drive. From there we can TRUELY see who's the quickest and best driver. PERIOD. All Maxima's on the SAME TRACK AT THE SAME TIME. No excuses. Comparing Joe Blow's ET/MPH to John Smith's ET/MPH eight states away PROVES NOTHING!!!!!

Dave

Good point.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:56 AM

well i got some buddies that want to go to the track so i might head back this week. GLD is closer and open on weekdays and free with spectator admission so i might try there, if not back to byron for me! thanks for the congrats. i guess i understand why some people might be skeptical, but for those who care, i have video of my runs i'm waiting for to be put up on the web. couple more days hopefully.

Kiwon
Old 04-08-2003, 08:03 AM
Administrator

i am the main one contradicting his times?

why wouldn't you be directing your response to me?
Old 04-08-2003, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Well if his BOLT on his running those times then think what he can do after SC??
I don't know.. i don't own one.

He didnt build the track, he just went to his NEAREST track to run his car and shared the times with the org.
so i don't have a legitmate reason to question the track? what is it with this damn website.. everyone is so god damn hypocritical..

you know why everyone hates people like NickStam and myself.. because if we don't like something we speak out against it. this site is so full of ****..

guy with altezza's and huge wing with 20's posts a picture of his car... half of the site tells him it looks good knowing damn well they don't like his car for ****.. man.. life is too short to be lying to someone on the internet. I question the track and i have a right to do so, hey.. if they didn't want us questioning the track.. they shouldn't have posted the pic of it looking like its downhill.

2 cars that don't normally run those times are running pheonminal times at this track..

5spd with intake - 14.5 w/ 95 traps
Auto with exhaust - 14.9 w/ 94 traps..

i want to question it.. i have a right to question it.

I think he should be congratulated and if you doubt his times then go to the track and run your car.
good.. thats excellent.. great run..

i still have a right to question what i want.. and i am not drving 8 hours to lower my 1/4 mile times .4 seconds ither.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:49 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by I30tMikeD

I could have weighed it at the track but I did not know the scale was working. Nissan claims a gross weight of 3150. I had about 100lbs of weight reduction, spare, passanger seat, and rear bench. So a guess would be around 3000lbs, but I can't really say for sure. But I had 53lb wheel and tire combo on ther rear which I am sure slowed me a little.
NADA shows the weight of the 96 I30 5 speed as 2975lbs so I'd imagine your project race weight of 3000lbs might be slightly off figuring for oil, radiator fluid, and gasoline which would push the weight up 50-70lbs. It is surprising to see that the I30 really doesn't weigh that much more than the SE Maxima.

You ran a 14.68@95mph with I/Y/MEVI/ECU which does seem a bit slow. Did Neal give you the ECU when he stopped racing for the day or did you swap ECUs for a run and then he raced again? I ask this because it sure felt like my car got progressively faster as my ECU learned my car. When you swap ECUs, all power is lost to the ECU and I can only imagine it reverts to a learning program which is typically very rich at first, especially with the y-pipe and intake on there. I've always noticed that my car is a lot slower when I've reset my ECU or pulled the power supply. I even notice the intake and exhaust isn't near as loud for the first day or two. The heavy 17s in the back don't help things either, but how many of us really want to swap our entire 17" setup for 4-5 hours at the track. I just pump up my 17" rears to 45-48psi to reduce some drag.

If you don't mind, could you post your best MEVI run vs your best MEVI/JWT run?

Dave
Old 04-08-2003, 08:52 AM

i am the main one contradicting his times?

why wouldn't you be directing your response to me?
I see alot of people doing it, I am not calling one person out, and by no means am I trying to start **** on the internet. But if this is such a phenomial occurance and people dont believe it then why not go there and run your own car. He got good times. Factory freak maybe, but still got awesome times. I am not one to stop people from learning or questioning somebody about their experiences, but maybe a few of you need to go there and find out for yourselfs if you dont believe this guy.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:00 AM

Who cares if the track looks downhill, etc. They ran what they ran. The track is almost equal to what people run at RT66, which is arguably the best track in the US. I posted the picture to show what the EVO ran, not for people to try and start conspiracy theories.

Dave,
I watched other makes and models run down the track and they ran normal ETs and MPH. My car threw a SES light early in the day so I froze my ***** off and took some pictures. 99+ Stang GTs were trapping their normal speeds as was a bone stock LT1 6 speeed. If the track was as unfair as people think, I would have heard about it. I have a real good friend whole used to have the quickest Ford Falcon Convert in the US and was heavily into drag racing. All he ever mentions about the track is that "tech" is a joke and that its a **** hole.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:12 AM

I will say what I think then. If people are so worried about "his times being odd/ or track being downhill"...or whatever...then just take your own car down there and run yours. If not then why doubt him and why would you be so against him running these times. He said he has video of it. That is proof enough. If you dont like it , just hit your back button.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:02 AM

NADA shows the weight of the 96 I30 5 speed as 2975lbs so I'd imagine your project race weight of 3000lbs might be slightly off figuring for oil, radiator fluid, and gasoline which would push the weight up 50-70lbs. It is surprising to see that the I30 really doesn't weigh that much more than the SE Maxima.

You ran a 14.68@95mph with I/Y/MEVI/ECU which does seem a bit slow. Did Neal give you the ECU when he stopped racing for the day or did you swap ECUs for a run and then he raced again? I ask this because it sure felt like my car got progressively faster as my ECU learned my car. When you swap ECUs, all power is lost to the ECU and I can only imagine it reverts to a learning program which is typically very rich at first, especially with the y-pipe and intake on there. I've always noticed that my car is a lot slower when I've reset my ECU or pulled the power supply. I even notice the intake and exhaust isn't near as loud for the first day or two. The heavy 17s in the back don't help things either, but how many of us really want to swap our entire 17" setup for 4-5 hours at the track. I just pump up my 17" rears to 45-48psi to reduce some drag.

If you don't mind, could you post your best MEVI run vs your best MEVI/JWT run?

Dave
I had been thinking about all the points you made. I used the ECU for the last half hour at the track. I just pluged his in and was running 2 minutes later. I kinda thought that I may not be getting the full potential from the ECU, but who will ever know for sure. I also got a check engine light, even though my production date is within the JWT perameters
Not only that, but I also had no practice with the raised rev-limiter. I am sure I was not shifting at redline. I took it to 7200 in first and 7000 into 3rd. I never hit the rev-limter

with out JWT/ECU
60'-2.240
330-6.222
1/8-9.555
mph-73.38
1000-12.417
1/4-14.822
mph-94.42

JWT/ECU
60'-2.272
330-6.199
1/8-9.470
mph-74.15
1000-12.301
1/4-14.681
mph-95.33

Maybe the only benefit I got from the JWT run was the raised rev-limiter without any added power, or even less power?? I did not notice any change in exhaust or intake tone, although that was the furthest thing from my mind.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:02 AM
SLOW

The maxima ECU uses pre-programmed fuel and timing maps at WOT (open loop mode). Whether those be aftermarket or OEM timing maps, they do not change the longer you have your ECU plugged in to your car. I don't buy claims to the contrary, not for one second.

As for Chi99Limited's car, a 14.9 @ 95 with a 2.3 60' in 40 degree weather equates perfectly with a a 15.6 @ 93 with a 2.7 in 80 degree weather.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:14 AM

he does jump up real fast....and often, moderator or not
Old 04-08-2003, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by johnvt1111

he does jump up real fast....and often, moderator or not
what the hell is that suppose to mean?
Old 04-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by Nealoc187
The maxima ECU uses pre-programmed fuel and timing maps at WOT (open loop mode). Whether those be aftermarket or OEM timing maps, they do not change the longer you have your ECU plugged in to your car. I don't buy claims to the contrary, not for one second.
I use to believe that too until I had started taking notice of how my car performs after the ECU has been reset or the battery pulled. There is clearly a lack of "snap" in the acceleration of my car for at least the first few days. When I say snap, I'm talking about when you mash the gas in 2nd at 4500rpms or so. Usually the VQ will snap my neck and takes off. Instead, it feels far less aggressive and muffled. WOT feels definately slower, the intake noise isn't as dramatic, the VI switchover isn't as loud, not as eager to chirp the tires, etc.

I think there is definately some adjusting going on during the first few starts. Until we get a Nissan computer engineer at Maxima.org, we'll never know. Also, you didn't test your car right after making the swap did you? Maybe next time you go out you could try it and prove what's really going on?

Dave
Old 04-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by I30tMikeD

I had been thinking about all the points you made. I used the ECU for the last half hour at the track. I just pluged his in and was running 2 minutes later. I kinda thought that I may not be getting the full potential from the ECU, but who will ever know for sure. I also got a check engine light, even though my production date is within the JWT perameters
Not only that, but I also had no practice with the raised rev-limiter. I am sure I was not shifting at redline. I took it to 7200 in first and 7000 into 3rd. I never hit the rev-limter

with out JWT/ECU
60'-2.240
330-6.222
1/8-9.555
mph-73.38
1000-12.417
1/4-14.822
mph-94.42

JWT/ECU
60'-2.272
330-6.199
1/8-9.470
mph-74.15
1000-12.301
1/4-14.681
mph-95.33

Maybe the only benefit I got from the JWT run was the raised rev-limiter without any added power, or even less power?? I did not notice any change in exhaust or intake tone, although that was the furthest thing from my mind.
Yep, something is definately going on because I really don't think the ECU is only going to net you a mere .14 and less than a 1 mph. Even with a horrible 2.3 60' (.1 longer than usual), my ET dropped a solid .25 and I gained a heathly 3mph+. With a similiar 60 foot, I expect a good .35-.4 and 3mph improvement on average. Neal pretty much saw the same thing on his car and so did Requin6. I'm shifting at as close as I can to an indicated 7100rpms (fuel cut seems to be right at an indicated 7200). The CEL is a little strange. Too bad you didn't grab it to see what it was. Everything we do/don't do at the track seems to be in hindsight, ehhh

IMO, your car might be showing the signs of what I talked about in the post concerning the ECU learning the car. Looking at your ET/MPH, the majority of your car's improvement comes in the first 1/8 mile which is not normal. Most of us MEVI/JWT users are seeing much of the improvement in the final 1/8 where it struts it's stuff in 3rd gear. I would have estimated your ET/MPH should have been at least a 14.5@97mph with the ECU which is pretty respectable for the heavier I30. Are you sure your VI was activating during the runs and what was it set at?

Dave
Old 04-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

what the hell is that suppose to mean?

It means you open your mouth too much.....

Seriously tho, this thread has gone to ****.

To all those that say,"if you don't like his times, run your own car there...", that's the stupidest **** i've heard. Our cars aren't in question here. Hell, no one's car is being questioned, it's the track. And the main reason why the track is in question (other than the fast times) Is because of the one sh1tty picture that was posted in defense of the track.

If you don't want people trashing the track, don't post sh1tty pics that give them a reason to.

And the big thing is that the times were a little fast. So what? If they're real, then cool, this guy got lucky and pulled faster times. If they're fake, then so what, this guy gets off on lying to people on the internet. And if he is lying, then it all comes back in the end. Remeber AssayrianRacer? the guy that could beat any car out there with his stock 97 GLE with a K/N drop-in filter and hi-performance oil filter? The dude talked so much **** that he backed himself into a wall and eventually got himself banned. If that's how it is, so be it. But honestly, i think this guy just so happened to have a good day on a downhill track.
Old 04-08-2003, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by fearthegecko

It means you open your mouth too much.....

Seriously tho, this thread has gone to ****.

To all those that say,"if you don't like his times, run your own car there...", that's the stupidest **** i've heard. Our cars aren't in question here. Hell, no one's car is being questioned, it's the track. And the main reason why the track is in question (other than the fast times) Is because of the one sh1tty picture that was posted in defense of the track.

If you don't want people trashing the track, don't post sh1tty pics that give them a reason to.

And the big thing is that the times were a little fast. So what? If they're real, then cool, this guy got lucky and pulled faster times. If they're fake, then so what, this guy gets off on lying to people on the internet. And if he is lying, then it all comes back in the end. Remeber AssayrianRacer? the guy that could beat any car out there with his stock 97 GLE with a K/N drop-in filter and hi-performance oil filter? The dude talked so much **** that he backed himself into a wall and eventually got himself banned. If that's how it is, so be it. But honestly, i think this guy just so happened to have a good day on a downhill track.
its not so much this guys times that blows me away.. its Chi99Limited's times.. 14.9 ? 2.3 60ft? exhaust mods? Auto?

come on.. now
Old 04-08-2003, 11:58 AM

2) Isn't downhill? I can understand that the camera isn't level, but there is definately an obvious slope. You can even see it in the field in the foreground.

3) What's a level and a tennis ball going to prove on a 1/4 mile track? You need to shoot elevations with survey equipment to see the truth. Just speaking from experience and all the work I do survy wise, that track is definately downhill, at least on the far end. The launch area look perfectly level, but it looks like towards the end of the track, they cheaped out and followed the natural contour of the land. This is not uncommon. Did the downhill slope help you guys, maybe a little, but nothing really substainal. It's just a quick track and I'll leave it at that.

Dave

Dave -

Byron is NOT downhill. Pictures do not do it justice, you have to be there to understand. The runoff at the end of the track is UPHILL therefore making the track look like it's going downhill. Until you or someone else who thinks that track is downhill actually goes there and sees it with their own eyes, you shouldn't be making assumptions simply based on low-quality photos on the internet.

Furthermore, I used to run the EXACT same E.T.s and traps at Byron and another track (Great Lakes) out here. I never see much of anyone run very amazing times at Byron. If the supposed "downhill" slope was really present and a factor than I'm sure I'd see frequent track goers such as Ford Lighnings running better than 14.0@99mph (there were TWO of them running identical times last time I was there on a dry, sunny, high pressure, 60 degree day).

Give up trying to analyze every little thing about E.T.s and trap speeds of cars and just accept that we all do this as a hobby and one persons one tenth quicker timeslip doesn't really mean $hit in the real world.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:25 PM

I just have an intake and port and polish stage 1 and i'm a 99 Auto and i run 14.7.

My best time was 14.677.

Trance
Old 04-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by MaxEffect414
I just have an intake and port and polish stage 1 and i'm a 99 Auto and i run 14.7.

My best time was 14.677.

Trance
Old 04-08-2003, 12:36 PM
SLOW

As I said before I ran the same times at byron as I ran at other tracks. Within .06 seconds. If Byron is so downhill why is this?

This discussion of slopes does not mean anything. Anyone that thinks a 1% grade (that's assuming there is one) is going to change times substantially needs to run at the track some more. It won't.

As for anyone calling BS on Kiwon's runs, thinking that they are just some times he made up off the top of his head you are fools, myself and about 10 other people were there, and all the runs are on video.

The only way to know whether it's the track that produced the great times or the conditions or the car is to run it at another track. I've ALREADY done this multiple times in the past, and run the same times elsewhere. It's not the track. Its clear to me that its a combo of the car and the conditions.
Old 04-08-2003, 12:37 PM
I am Roid Rage

Originally posted by MaxEffect414

My best time was 14.677.

Trance
Is there a story behind why you went for something complex and expensive (port and polish) instead of something cheap and easy (y-pipe)?
Old 04-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by Nealoc187
As I said before I ran the same times at byron as I ran at other tracks. Within .06 seconds. If Byron is so downhill why is this?

This discussion of slopes does not mean anything. Anyone that thinks a 1% grade (that's assuming there is one) is going to change times substantially needs to run at the track some more. It won't.

As for anyone calling BS on Kiwon's runs, thinking that they are just some times he made up off the top of his head you are fools, myself and about 10 other people were there, and all the runs are on video.

The only way to know whether it's the track that produced the great times or the conditions or the car is to run it at another track. I've ALREADY done this multiple times in the past, and run the same times elsewhere. It's not the track. Its clear to me that its a combo of the car and the conditions.

I'm not calling BS on anything. I see a definate downhill grade seeing the "dip" where the end of 1/4 goes DOWN and then curves UP in the shutdown. If the track only went uphill in the shutdown, you wouldn't see the dip. Believe me, I deal with grades on an almost daily basis. WITH THAT SAID, I think the track only goes downhill at the very end which will do very little when you're traveling so fast. Like noted before, good conditions probably made the best of everything that day. Some tracks are indeed quicker because of elevation, differences in timing equipment, conditions, etc. This is nothing new.

I really wish someone would set up another Dallas, TX Maxus so we really could see everyone's car running on the same track, same day.

Dave

Quick Reply: first time at the track and ran 14's