4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Nissan Maxima Injen Cold Air Intake : Does anyone have this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 07:17 PM
Old Maxima Legend

Nissan Maxima Injen Cold Air Intake : Does anyone have this?

Hey does anyone have a Nissan Maxima Injen Cold Air Intake ? I was looking at the info on www.southwestautoworks.com and it looks like a much better upgrade than my JWT Pop Charger ? Any and all info would be appreciated ? Is this mod awsome , is this a good brand ?
Old 04-07-2003, 07:20 PM

Re: Nissan Maxima Injen Cold Air Intake : Does anyone have this?

Originally posted by Ceasars Chariot
Hey does anyone have a Nissan Maxima Injen Cold Air Intake ? I was looking at the info on www.southwestautoworks.com and it looks like a much better upgrade than my JWT Pop Charger ? Any and all info would be appreciated ? Is this mod awsome , is this a good brand ?
I have the injen and its the best i've had so far. if you get any cold air intake, i think its well worth the money. i just sold my frankencar/jwt for the injen and i don't regret it at all.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:24 PM
Old Maxima Legend

How much did the installation cost you ? And what would you say the sound difference is coming from under the hood? Comparing the injen versus your old stuff. I have a JWT Pop charger at the moment, what could I expect ?
Old 04-07-2003, 07:26 PM

I am saving up for the Injen right now. You can get it at Adventon.com for 208.00. And that Stillen Y-pipe listed at SouthwestAutoworks....don't bother with Stillen. Just get the BudgetExhaust Y-pipe for $165 at BudgetExhaust.com

Here is a link to a Dyno chart of the Injen CAI. http://www.injen.com/webpages/testin...les/RD1925.jpg
Old 04-08-2003, 02:19 AM

Re: Re: Nissan Maxima Injen Cold Air Intake : Does anyone have this?

How much did the installation cost you ? And what would you say the sound difference is coming from under the hood? Comparing the injen versus your old stuff. I have a JWT Pop charger at the moment, what could I expect ?
Installation cost $0 don't pay to have it installed, just do it yourself. its really not that hard. the sound difference compared to my previous intake setup (midpipe+popcharger) is considerably BETTER. if you only have a jwt popcharger now, the injen will feel a lot more responsive on the low-mid range. the high end feels no significant difference (at least for me). if you're trying to decide which intake to get, you will also get the similar results from the place racing or the cheaper bomz cai on ebay. check those out too if you want.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Injen Cold Air Intake : Does anyone have this?

I have the Injen CAI and its performance is great! However, I do have a problem with it. I am not sure if I installed it incorrectly or what but there is a loud, "something's wrong" type sound coming from it. No Check Engine lights have come up but the noise is definately annoying. Even present during idle.

See if anyone else has this issue.

If they did and remedied it...send me a clue.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2003, 09:11 AM

exactly where is the noise coming from? check all your connections to make sure there are no leaks and that your filter is clearing the fans. what kind of noise is it?