4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

i went to autozone and they pulled po600 code serial comm. error?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 09:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i went to autozone and they pulled po600 code serial comm. error?

it was really weird. after i installed my fcp intake i got a check engine light. i was going to get around to check the ecu, but the weather has been crappy. so one night i did this huge, long burn out (it had just rained) and while i was doing that i went over a few mid-sized bumps. so i guess mt tires left the ground and the engine reved up really high a few times. after that i let off the gas. right after i noticed my check engine light turned OFF, and i was happy. but then i would floor my car and the rpms would not rise above 2,500 and it took FOREVER to get up to 30mph. something was obviously wrong so i pulled over and turned off the car. i waited a minute, and restarted it. it has been fine ever since.

i posted a thread about this no too long ago and everyone said my car is fine. so i was happy. but now all of a sudden i have HORIABLE gas mileage. i started off with a chuck full gas tank, and i am now under a half a tank and i have only gone 118.4 miles so far. granted i have not had the best mpg since i had the car... but this is really really bad.

i took my car to autozone and they ran the ecu. they pulled po600... which is "serial communication malfunction." but they do not know what it means... and they think that it could posiably be my ecu. has anyone got this code before? does anyone know what it means? please help! thanks guys, and sorry i typed so much.

Chris
Old 04-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

DTC 0504

P0600 is a scan tool trouble code that points to the Check Engine Light Flash Code of 0504.

Diagnostic Trouble Code 0504 points to a problem with the Automatic Transmission Communications line. Pulse signals are exchanged between the Engine Control Module and the Transmission Control Module to assure smooth shifting during hard acceleration or deceleration.

This malfunction is detected when the ECM continuously receives an incorrect voltage from the TCM.

Possible causes include:

- Harness or connectors (The communications line circuit between the ECM and the TCM is open or shorted.)
- TCM
- Discharged or faulty battery

Your burnout caused this to occur. Who knows what damage was really done.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:48 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

Re: DTC 0504

Originally posted by bill99gxe
P0600 is a scan tool trouble code that points to the Check Engine Light Flash Code of 0504.

Diagnostic Trouble Code 0504 points to a problem with the Automatic Transmission Communications line. Pulse signals are exchanged between the Engine Control Module and the Transmission Control Module to assure smooth shifting during hard acceleration or deceleration.

This malfunction is detected when the ECM continuously receives an incorrect voltage from the TCM.

Possible causes include:

- Harness or connectors (The communications line circuit between the ECM and the TCM is open or shorted.)
- TCM
- Discharged or faulty battery

Your burnout caused this to occur. Who knows what damage was really done.
Boy, you just **** on his day
Old 04-13-2003, 03:25 PM

are you serious? damn. is there anyway i can know what was done to the tranny, or what exactly whet wrong? i look back in the past, and i now realize the i tryed the "drop resitor mod" that everyone was talking about. it worked and it made my tranny shift really hard, but my o/d light was blinking, and i didn't like that, so i put it back to normal after i drove for 2-3 mins. could that have caused it??
Old 04-14-2003, 07:32 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by Blkmax95c
are you serious? damn. is there anyway i can know what was done to the tranny, or what exactly whet wrong? i look back in the past, and i now realize the i tryed the "drop resitor mod" that everyone was talking about. it worked and it made my tranny shift really hard, but my o/d light was blinking, and i didn't like that, so i put it back to normal after i drove for 2-3 mins. could that have caused it??
My best advice is to drive nicely for a few days and try to notice any issues, especially if the O/D light blinks again.

Your tranny went into "limp mode", which is why you had issues getting to 30mph. Hopefully you have learned not to do this on a consistent basis.

I would consider changing the transmission fluid.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:15 AM

Originally posted by bill99gxe

My best advice is to drive nicely for a few days and try to notice any issues, especially if the O/D light blinks again.

Your tranny went into "limp mode", which is why you had issues getting to 30mph. Hopefully you have learned not to do this on a consistent basis.

I would consider changing the transmission fluid.
I didn't even know that our cars had a "limp mode" why is it that i should consider to change my tranny fluid? did i burn it up or something? this sinks.

Chris
Old 04-14-2003, 09:56 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

Originally posted by Blkmax95c

I didn't even know that our cars had a "limp mode" why is it that i should consider to change my tranny fluid? did i burn it up or something? this sinks.

Chris
I'm not sure if changing the tranny fluid will necessarily fix the problem, but it's recommended at every 30K miles, so it can't hurt.

And as far as the limp, or safety mode: I thought the car went into that like everytime you spun the tires. I've had the O/D ight blink on me 2 or 3 times, usually during the winter, when i was trying to get up the hill to my house, and i was spinnig my tires all the way. I never pulled any codes, tho.