4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Bose speaker buzz

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 04:03 PM

Bose speaker buzz

my drivers side door bose speaker buzzes quite often on bass notes. has anyone delt with this kind of problem with bose speakers, and what have they done to fix it? its not like the speaker is blown or antthing, it just seems like everything isnt as tight as it should be or something, so its producing a buzz. you dont notice it when the volume is up, but if you are listening to softer music it is kind of annoying.

thanx
Old 04-16-2003, 04:05 PM

oh my god my status has been upgraded from newbie to enthusiest! 50 posts! there is a god! its time to CELEBRATE.....ok calm down...now breath.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:02 PM

ditto

I have this exact problem. Low frequency coming from the stereo (mine is the factory BOSE) causes a vibration in teh drivers side door. If i put pressure (using my elbow) against the top-rear corner of the door panel (up high, close to window and center beam between front and rear door) it stops vibrating and then when i release the pressure i can hear the vibrating/buzzing again. Maybe some dynamat or other sound dampening material inside the door panel would help.
Old 04-16-2003, 06:00 PM

ill try putting pressure there to see what happens. ive also had people tell me that one of my back speakers buzzes too, but i guess since im never back there i dont notice it. if i could find out where the buzz was coming from i think i could fix it with some kind of insulation like you said.
Old 04-16-2003, 10:07 PM
silver99

Mine does it too. It seems to be one or more of the buttons on the control panel on the door skin. Im going to put some dynomat inside the doorskin. There is also a specialy packaged dynomat product for doorskins if u spend big coin.

Old 04-17-2003, 05:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

yep, mine do it too. hatesomuch. I was listening to some Massive Attack and it was like buzz buzz. The bass is set barely above the middle in my car, so I'm not pleased. Ironically, they don't buzz when I listen to KoRn. Or maybe the music is so loud I just can't hear the buzzing! I'll have to check with some of my stereo gurus to see if I can line the panel with some matting.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:04 PM

first off the bose speakers suck. they do sell the car well though. you should replace them. bring your soundstage up front. good sounding drivers. i have some stock bose from 97. 4 to be exact. if you want replacement thats cool just email me. i don't want them. but you should realize that you might need to take your door panel off, put some sound deadener in there. that might help. so email me if you want advice on stereo stuff. i am selling a component set that i just put in my stock places, mid and tweeter and it will blow your socks off. really unbelievable. get away from the 1 ohm impedence bose and graduate into audio heaven.

nissanmafia1@yahoo.com

Andrew
Old 04-17-2003, 02:18 PM

to solve the "buzzin" problmes you guys are having use Dynamat. Tear out the plastic mositure barrier and install 2 layers of Dynamat underneath the hanresses not on top of them, i did so and i have ZERO noises coming from all 4 doors, not to mention a hell of alot less road noise coming in the car too.

Ant
Old 04-17-2003, 02:18 PM

I like my Bose system...... It has to be the best sounding factory setup I have heard....... Aftermarket stuff is just as good and sometimes even just a bit better, but I am sticking to my Bose system...... lol
Old 04-17-2003, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by ny96max
to solve the "buzzin" problmes you guys are having use Dynamat. Tear out the plastic mositure barrier and install 2 layers of Dynamat underneath the hanresses not on top of them, i did so and i have ZERO noises coming from all 4 doors, not to mention a hell of alot less road noise coming in the car too.

Ant
can you re-explain where you placed the dynamat because I don't quite follow. I'm thinking about buying either dynamat, or that stuff you buy in a spray can that dampens sound.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:39 PM

Often with these speakers, the amp goes.
Each speaker has it's own.
If it's not a mechanical vibration, like a speaker grille or something, it's probably the amp.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:43 PM

yeah

That is a bad "feature" of the BOSE. However, everyone here, including myself, seems to "luckily" be describing a simple ratting in the panels. Amps all seem ok, at least on my end. knock on wood.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

its everything thats attached to the door that rattle also, like if you have the (plastic) factory woodgrain, and even the inside door handle cups, u need to make sure they aren't free to vibrate, i used styrofoam to make sure it isn't vibrating either.
Old 04-17-2003, 04:08 PM

im glad my car came with the bose set up. it might not be as good as aftermarket, but i just dont have the money right now to invest in aftermarket speakers and i think minus the buzzing sound the bose sounds pretty damn good.

like the other guy said could you be more specific as to where to put this dynomat (where do i buy this stuff). did you just put it around the speaker, or throughout the entire inside door panel?

thanx
Old 04-17-2003, 08:40 PM

SANDMAN-You might think the bose speakers sound good because you are a n00b. you obviously have been listening to rockford fos-***-gate speakers and don't know much about music. once you hear a true driver that can handle some real power and not distort, then you will listen to your bose and cry your ears will hurt so bad. spend a little f*ucking money and make your maxima sound good inside and out.

To the other guys don't waste your money on dynamat. WASTE
go to home depot and buy their peal and seal that is cheap or check this out. the best ever. http://www.raamaudio.com

have a good day muaahahaahah
Old 04-17-2003, 09:31 PM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Originally posted by drewbowski
SANDMAN-You might think the bose speakers sound good because you are a n00b. you obviously have been listening to rockford fos-***-gate speakers and don't know much about music. once you hear a true driver that can handle some real power and not distort, then you will listen to your bose and cry your ears will hurt so bad. spend a little f*ucking money and make your maxima sound good inside and out.

To the other guys don't waste your money on dynamat. WASTE
go to home depot and buy their peal and seal that is cheap or check this out. the best ever. http://www.raamaudio.com

have a good day muaahahaahah

i dont follow how him liking his system makes him not know much about music makes no sense to me bose is not bad on sound reproduction, and bass response is tight, and quick, what more do u need, i dont think everyone on the board wants a system that will "knock ur socks off" so if he likes it wonderful, to each his own
Old 04-18-2003, 08:11 PM
silver99

If anyone still has questions about where to put the dynomat check that website that drewbowski linked. This is a exact link to the page it shows a great example of what it should look like.
http://www.raamaudio.com/products.htm
I do believe there is a thread on installing dynomat and could provide more help on this issue.
You can purchase dynomat at bestbuy, or most locations that carry quality sound system products. You can also choose to follow the advice of drewbowski and get the cheaper stuff because dynomat is expensive...I know I am.

Old 04-18-2003, 09:14 PM

I just realized I have the same problem. I read this thread a few days ago, put some techno (I know) in my car, volume up a notch, and I could hear the vibration from my driver door. I put pressure next to the tweeter, and it went away. Wierd. Don't wanna rip my door apart and put dynamat in there! Sigh...wish everything was okay.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:49 PM

I have a similar prob but the buzz is coming from the rear speakers, this gets pretty annoying when frined are in and I know the speakers are good quality but there's a little buzz that kinda makes it sounds cheap...what can I do?
Old 04-19-2003, 04:17 PM
silver99

Rip your door apart??? :confused

Old 06-24-2003, 08:15 PM

what exactly is peel&seal from homedepot? I cant find it on their site.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:10 PM

i agree with nismos. im a big sound nut and if you are a normal person that doesnt have hundreds of dollars to spend on putting a new sound system in a maxima, the 6 speaker bose system that it comes with (for my car anyway) does plenty well. i personally think it's better than the 2003 model, and it sure as hell beats out any kind of honda stock system or toyota stock system or chevy stock system etc. you get the idea. it's beyond sufficient for most, not enough for a small few