4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Question forThose with Cargo Nets

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 11:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Question forThose with Cargo Nets

Thinking about picking up a 4th Gen cargo net kit for my 3rd gen. I was wondering where in your trunks are the hooks attached. Are the hooks near the back bumper or closer to the back seats? I talked to my dealer who told me that the hooks replace some of the stock trunk liner plugs. In my 3rd gen, there are only a couple I can see that I might be able to adapt this to. If you got a net in your 4th gen please let me know, I wanna do some research before I drop the cash.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:21 PM

Re: Question forThose with Cargo Nets

Originally posted by 808SE
Thinking about picking up a 4th Gen cargo net kit for my 3rd gen. I was wondering where in your trunks are the hooks attached. Are the hooks near the back bumper or closer to the back seats? I talked to my dealer who told me that the hooks replace some of the stock trunk liner plugs. In my 3rd gen, there are only a couple I can see that I might be able to adapt this to. If you got a net in your 4th gen please let me know, I wanna do some research before I drop the cash.
Wal-Mart sells a cargo net for about $12, with hooks.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The hooks are near the very front of the trunk (closest to the bumper and the opening of the trunk). They come with the net and they'll just replace the plug things that are holding in the trunk liner, like you said. I beleive there are four of the hooks that replace the plug things. Then the net stretches across the whole front of the trunk. That's how it is in a 4th gen... I'm not sure about a 3rd gen.