4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

need shock sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 07:50 AM

need shock sensor help

I'm new here and I just got a 95 Maxima (GLE not sure) and it comes with that stock alarm & keyless entry but it doesn't go off when I hit the window or something so I need a shock sensor and was wondering which sensor do I buy and from what store (radio shack, pep boys, autozone, circuit city, or where?)... I want to pick it up locally (in Chicago) so I can work on installing it soon... I also need instructions for the installation too... Hopefully the instructions will have pictures b/c this is my first Nissan and first time installing something electrical in a car...

What other security things can I put in the car? I'm working on learning how to do kill switches and I'll put one in this summer I guess.

I would search, but it wont let me

Thanks!
- Jatan
Old 09-26-2003, 04:50 PM
DoGGy

yea i need help on this topic too. cmon guys ! popboys, autozone, radioshack, circuit city. NONE Of em have it!

do i need to upgrade stock alarm to be able to add a shock sensor to it, thats what i have heard. help plz!

Old 09-26-2003, 05:26 PM

Wow - kinda old, but I got my shock sensor from eBay. I got 2 for the price of one Haven't installed it yet. Too lazy right now, plus I live in an apartment so doing it on the street is hard... No power outlet out there

I got a soldering iron for a few bucks at Menards. Now I need to buy the solder. I need to practice soldering and cutting wires and cutting the wire covers. After I get used to it, I'll go try it on the car. I'll probably rewire the front while I'm at it

Search for "shock sensor" on eBay

Instructions: http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...howpage&pid=13
http://www.rcreations.com/public/CoD...e,0t,P=30.html
Old 09-26-2003, 07:26 PM
DoGGy

i found this thread cuz i searched
umm would the sensor work with the factory alarm tho? ive been hearing that it wont, plz install it soon and keep me updated! i know about shock sensors on ebay

Old 09-26-2003, 07:38 PM

It should work, plus you can adjust the sensitivity for it. What it'll do is that after you install it and someone hits your car, the shock sensor will feel the vibration and make the car think that someone forcefully opened the hood (it'll send a fake open hood signal). If someone forcefully opens your hood, your alarm will go off and this is all the shock sensor is doing.

I posted links for the installation instructions. If you do the one under the hood, the shock sensor will be in the very front of the car and it might not go off if someone taps your trunk (it probably won't pickup the vibration unless it's big).

I'll probably do the one in the dash so it's more closer to the center of the car I'm still reconsidering since I'll probably be getting a keyless entry, alarm, and car starter system later on.