4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Damn dealers...Knock and O2 Sensor - Help/ADvice

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 05:46 PM

Damn dealers...Knock and O2 Sensor - Help/ADvice

OK i was driving down the street the other day and my engine light appears, so i'm like oh **** not another repair, i take it down to the dealer today and this morning he tells me i Need to have the knock and O2 Sensor replaced NOW I HAD JUS HAD O2 sensors changed 2 years ago but i'm jus like ok fix it...600$ down the drain for me. Now later today after having it fixed WHAT DO YOU KNOW THE ENGINE LIGHT IS BACK ON!!
NOW THEY"VE JUST RIPPED 600$ OFF OF ME WIHT UNNESSSCARY REPAIRS CUZ THEY DIDNT EVEN NEED TO REPLACE THEM.
NOW 1 of my Questions is, once the ECU IS RESET WONT THE ENGINE LIGHT NATURALLY DISSAPEAR FOR A TEMPORARY AMOUNT OF TIME? possibly a few hours? - that is one thing i will use as evidence to prove they did unnessacry repairs, i want to get my money back - 600$ is wayy too much for this repair and the fact that it was NOT NEEDED ****ED ME OFF EVEN more, do you guys think i can get my money back? by proving it was not a needed repair.

****in LIA NISSAN in Schenctady.. wholly **** they are dumasses..and the other thing about this is that the 1st time when the light came on it was jus after runnign over a tiny bump and now it was the same too! do you think sometihng could just be loose?

95 MAX GLE wit 130K

advice/suggestions are greatly appriciated
thanks
(btw) plz excuse my caps..thats jus how i get when i'm mad
Old 04-21-2003, 06:14 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

o2 sensors go bad, replace them. The Knock Sensor code as well all know always comes with the o2 codes. It does not need to be replaced, the bad o2 is what causes the car to ping which sets off the o2 code.

Fix the o2 sensors if there is a code form them and clear the errors from the ECU. The Knock Sensor code will go away.

Nissan is screwing everybody by replacing the KS with o2 sensors. It's not needed.