4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

FEDEX DELIVERS!!!!!!!!!!whahoooooooooooo

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 03:53 PM

FEDEX DELIVERS!!!!!!!!!!whahoooooooooooo

I just got my OBX catback about 10 mins ago. **** am I happy. I hope my help can help me put it on this weekend!!!!
I'm soooooooooooooooo excited.

****PICS TO COME!
Old 05-01-2003, 09:24 PM

**** 50 views and no congrats...
Old 05-01-2003, 09:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by luckee2bhere
congrats!
Old 05-01-2003, 10:14 PM

GREAT! GET IT INSTALLED
Old 05-01-2003, 10:55 PM
Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac. Prounced Ii-eee-ack.

Here is a pity reply!!!!....j/k congrats.
Old 05-02-2003, 04:33 AM

Get that thing installed and enjoy the hell out of it. Congrats.

Pedro
Old 05-02-2003, 04:41 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: FEDEX DELIVERS!!!!!!!!!!whahoooooooooooo

I just got my OBX catback about 10 mins ago. **** am I happy. I hope my help can help me put it on this weekend!!!!

****PICS TO COME!

Got mine the other day...now I just have to install them.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:13 AM

I bet it fits much better than the Megan Racing one!!

So is this the one with the oval or round exhaust?? I know mine is oval, but I heard that some with the round exhaust were coming out?
Old 05-02-2003, 06:34 AM

Re: FEDEX DELIVERS!!!!!!!!!!whahoooooooooooo

****PICS TO COME!
Your 'help' what do you have a mechanically inclined butler? J/K Post pics once its on.
Old 05-02-2003, 08:28 AM

Originally posted by Victim64
I bet it fits much better than the Megan Racing one!!

So is this the one with the oval or round exhaust?? I know mine is oval, but I heard that some with the round exhaust were coming out?
Yeah, I want to know that too and how loud it is. I keep hearing contradicting reports that it is very loud. Maybe when you put it on (luckee2bhere) you can let us know if its louder than the greddy or not
Old 05-02-2003, 09:02 AM

alright whats the difference between the oval one and the round one? i couldnt tell you right now cause I dont know what you're talking about...
Old 05-02-2003, 10:00 AM

let me know if you need help with the install. i'll prolly be in Athens this weekend
Old 05-02-2003, 10:02 AM

congrats
Old 05-02-2003, 12:15 PM

alright whats the difference between the oval one and the round one? i couldnt tell you right now cause I dont know what you're talking about...
We are talking about the Muffler canister of itself. Is it an oval shape like the stock ones or is it round like the one in the pics on page 2 of this thread?
Old 05-02-2003, 12:29 PM

Originally posted by BigJuice

We are talking about the Muffler canister of itself. Is it an oval shape like the stock ones or is it round like the one in the pics on page 2 of this thread?
it is oval...is there a difference?
Old 05-02-2003, 12:38 PM

it is oval...is there a difference?
I an not sure, with the Greddy SP(Oval) and the Greddy Evo(Round), the Evo is a little louder I think so I was thinking the same for the OBX since the pic had showed a round muffler section.

No Biggie, wainting for you to put in on and get some pics, and how loud it is.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:40 PM

I an not sure, with the Greddy SP(Oval) and the Greddy Evo(Round), the Evo is a little louder I think so I was thinking the same for the OBX since the pic had showed a round muffler section.

gotcha
Old 05-02-2003, 07:50 PM

I GOT PICS!!!!!!!!!!! not installed...but Im workin on that.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:05 PM

can you measure the inside diameter of the pipe? thanks
Old 05-02-2003, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by NiNe7-Gxe
can you measure the inside diameter of the pipe? thanks
people say its 2.25 but i just measured it and it seems to be more. its not quite 2.5in. its pretty difficult to get a perfect measurement but i would say its about 2.35in on inside diameter.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:09 PM

It is not overly loud. And there isnt' much drone. Just gives a deep rumble and when you go WOT it makes the car sound like it has some grunt to it. We are having a Maxima Meet tomorrow so I should be able to get some vid and sound clips of it.

For pics of it on and adjusted to fit snung in the cut out just check out my home page link to the left <<<<
Old 05-02-2003, 10:13 PM

I GOT PICS!!!!!!!!!!! not installed...but Im workin on that.
Your are more patient than me. I went to WalMart and got a floor jack and jack stands and put it on the next day! I was going to use my friends jack that helped me put my y-pipe on, but just couldn't wait for him to get back in town.

Just remember that when you first put it on, it will be really loud, but will tone down after a tank of gas.
Old 05-02-2003, 10:14 PM
Rockin' VK56!!

congrats
Old 05-03-2003, 12:23 AM
Sports Button FTW

Your are more patient than me. I went to WalMart and got a floor jack and jack stands and put it on the next day! I was going to use my friends jack that helped me put my y-pipe on, but just couldn't wait for him to get back in town.

Just remember that when you first put it on, it will be really loud, but will tone down after a tank of gas.
haha, and i thought my patience was bad

oh btw, NEVER SHOP AT BEST BUY, the worst place, the worst customer service, they have 1 person for each department, omfg, ****ed me off i knew exactly what i wanted, was gonna take warranty and all and had to wait like 10+ minutes for something i wanted...grrr
Old 05-03-2003, 04:00 AM
My heroine

coolio... a question though, i remember people had been saying there was a section of the b-pipe that hangs a little low.. did you notice this at all.. cause now that I just got my drop done, i'm worried, I was grinding stock muffler driving around jersey yesterday, so if this one hangs much, i'm f'ed nicely..

wJ
Old 05-03-2003, 07:02 AM

It is not overly loud. And there isnt' much drone. Just gives a deep rumble and when you go WOT it makes the car sound like it has some grunt to it. We are having a Maxima Meet tomorrow so I should be able to get some vid and sound clips of it.

For pics of it on and adjusted to fit snung in the cut out just check out my home page link to the left &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;
How exactly was it adjusted? Mine hangs too low and it's touching the rear bumper and melting it. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by willis

coolio... a question though, i remember people had been saying there was a section of the b-pipe that hangs a little low.. did you notice this at all.. cause now that I just got my drop done, i'm worried, I was grinding stock muffler driving around jersey yesterday, so if this one hangs much, i'm f'ed nicely..

wJ
I am lowered with B&G's and when I had the stock resonator I would scrap all the time!!

Have not scraped since I put on the obx.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by Midknight MAXX

How exactly was it adjusted? Mine hangs too low and it's touching the rear bumper and melting it. Any help would be appreciated.
The only thing I adjusted was the sag of the muffler and tip. I did this with metal pipe clamps on the rumber hanger. Just put them on and tightened them up to give it a lift.

Do you have the OBX, cause if you do it is strange that it would touch your bumper??
Old 05-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Sports Button FTW

those worried about scraping and muffler tip issues on bumper...

ok, first of all, from what i know, anyone that buys obx catback more than likely has to have something done to the b-pipe so it doesnt hang down too low. I've showed pictures of my b-pipe millions of times and i dont want to search for it again but this top has been discussed too many times. Go to meineke or something and have them melt a part of the b-pipe so they can bend it upwards. Meineke installed my catback so i didnt pay extra to have them do that, only a tip but because they have to lift the car and waste like 5-15 minutes to do this they may charge u guys some dough. any case, thats the dilemma wit the bpipe and i believe others have this problem too, just not as bad. It wont be perfect fit becaused the b-pipe is bigger than stock and cant fit in the hole for stock b-pipe.

As far as muffler, the muffler is held by two rubber circle hoses located right behind the back bumper. You dont have to jack up the car to see it, if my 6'2" big bellied 270 pound **** can get under my car and see it, any of u can . normally the muffler is shifted to the left or right when installed, never seen it grinding on the muffler, its normally too far off the muffler but you take two hose clamps, the same one's used to hold your intake together, just smaller one's and you put them around the rubber hoses and tighten on either left or right side to get perfect look of tip on your muffler. Arrafio told me about this, i've done it a few others even with other catbacks have done this, no problems whatsoever.

I hope this answers all questions guys, sheesh...
Old 05-03-2003, 09:06 AM

I am going to install mine this afternoon. If you all don't hear from me on how things went/pics by 8 or 9 tonight call the police cause slizan99 has kidnapped me.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:23 AM

I am going to install mine this afternoon. If you all don't hear from me on how things went/pics by 8 or 9 tonight call the police cause slizan99 has kidnapped me.
Old 05-04-2003, 05:54 AM
My heroine

Re: those worried about scraping and muffler tip issues on bumper...

Originally posted by meccanoble
ok, first of all, from what i know, anyone that buys obx catback more than likely has to have something done to the b-pipe so it doesnt hang down too low. I've showed pictures of my b-pipe millions of times and i dont want to search for it again but this top has been discussed too many times. Go to meineke or something and have them melt a part of the b-pipe so they can bend it upwards. Meineke installed my catback so i didnt pay extra to have them do that, only a tip but because they have to lift the car and waste like 5-15 minutes to do this they may charge u guys some dough. any case, thats the dilemma wit the bpipe and i believe others have this problem too, just not as bad. It wont be perfect fit becaused the b-pipe is bigger than stock and cant fit in the hole for stock b-pipe.

As far as muffler, the muffler is held by two rubber circle hoses located right behind the back bumper. You dont have to jack up the car to see it, if my 6'2&quot; big bellied 270 pound **** can get under my car and see it, any of u can . normally the muffler is shifted to the left or right when installed, never seen it grinding on the muffler, its normally too far off the muffler but you take two hose clamps, the same one's used to hold your intake together, just smaller one's and you put them around the rubber hoses and tighten on either left or right side to get perfect look of tip on your muffler. Arrafio told me about this, i've done it a few others even with other catbacks have done this, no problems whatsoever.

I hope this answers all questions guys, sheesh...
i'd seen your pics, was just wondering since this one appears to be a slightly different design (maybe it's just the muffler though) if it was a little different than yours had been... thanks for the muffler tip though..

wJ
Old 05-04-2003, 06:04 AM

I left to North Carolina this past wednesday night @ 11:30PM, I just got in to see this post.

Congrats now is time to install it
Old 05-04-2003, 08:54 AM

Re: Re: those worried about scraping and muffler tip issues on bumper...

Originally posted by willis

i'd seen your pics, was just wondering since this one appears to be a slightly different design (maybe it's just the muffler though) if it was a little different than yours had been... thanks for the muffler tip though..

wJ
The one's we just got are like Meccas not like the two pics on the orignal GD page. So everything he says should apply. Thanks Mecca.
Old 05-04-2003, 09:44 AM
My heroine

Re: Re: Re: those worried about scraping and muffler tip issues on bumper...

Originally posted by Midknight MAXX

The one's we just got are like Meccas not like the two pics on the orignal GD page. So everything he says should apply. Thanks Mecca.
i could be stupid but i could swear what came in my box is like the pics on the first page, not mecca's.. i'll check again when I get home, haven't been there all weekend.. whatev, not trying to start a fight, just asking...

wJ
Old 05-04-2003, 10:49 AM

HUGE shout out to slizan99!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by JAY25
I left to North Carolina this past wednesday night @ 11:30PM, I just got in to see this post.

Congrats now is time to install it
JAY!!!!!! Great to see you. I thought maybe you became too cool for the org.

Anyways I got my catback on last night with the AWESOME HELP of slizan99 We did my new ADDCO RSB as well. All I can say is 'OH MY GOD'. At this time my exhaust is loud as hell under WOT but sounds good under normal RPM. Everyone that has the exhaust has told me it quiets down alot and I believe it. I think its going to be perfect for me when it quiets down. It has this AWESOME melody when the intake kicks in and they are both going crazy. It is just too cool.

Also I cant understand why anyone had problems with the fitment of the exhaust. My tip lined up perfectly in the cutout which people had said was a problem. And I took a look at the Bpipe as far as it hanging down too low as some had said. I dont think that section of the B pipe hangs any lower than my RSB or the bottom of my muffler. They all hang decently low.

I think I like the RSB better than the exhaust. I tried a couple of turns and my rear end feels TAIL HAPPY!!! Its crazy...makes me forget I am driving a MAXIMA. I will be getting a FSTB in a couple of weeks to even up the handling characteristics of my car. I also have a UDP coming on Wednesday so I AM GOING ALL OUT as you can tell.

I HAD A GREAT TIME meeting Jake(slizan99) and he is definitely one cool dude. Very knowledgable and helpful. He helped me put on my exhaust, rear sway bar, and we hung out a bit and had some fun. OVERALL it was an awesome day and I thank him very much.

The only thing that isn't great with my exhaust is at this time I have lost the sleeper look. I was driving down Hwy 20 coming back from Jake's and I swear about 5-6 cars came out of nowhere trying to race me. Kinda cool but dangerous. I really gotta be careful nowadays. I got into town and got pulled over in the parking deck because the cop "heard me driving too fast". LOL>>>>ANYWAYs I am ONE HAPPY DUDE right now.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:22 AM

Re: HUGE shout out to slizan99!!!!!!!!!!

JAY!!!!!! Great to see you. I thought maybe you became too cool for the org.

Anyways I got my catback on last night with the AWESOME HELP of slizan99 We did my new ADDCO RSB as well. All I can say is 'OH MY GOD'. At this time my exhaust is loud as hell under WOT but sounds good under normal RPM. Everyone that has the exhaust has told me it quiets down alot and I believe it. I think its going to be perfect for me when it quiets down. It has this AWESOME melody when the intake kicks in and they are both going crazy. It is just too cool.

I think I like the RSB better than the exhaust. I tried a couple of turns and my rear end feels TAIL HAPPY!!! Its crazy...makes me forget I am driving a MAXIMA. I will be getting a FSTB in a couple of weeks to even up the handling characteristics of my car. I also have a UDP coming on Wednesday so I AM GOING ALL OUT as you can tell.

I HAD A GREAT TIME meeting Jake(slizan99) and he is definitely one cool dude. Very knowledgable and helpful. He helped me put on my exhaust, rear sway bar, and we hung out a bit and had some fun. OVERALL it was an awesome day and I thank him very much.

The only thing that isn't great with my exhaust is at this time I have lost the sleeper look. I was driving down Hwy 20 coming back from Jake's and I swear about 5-6 cars came out of nowhere trying to race me. Kinda cool but dangerous. I really gotta be careful nowadays. I got into town and got pulled over in the parking deck because the cop &quot;heard me driving too fast&quot;. LOL&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;ANYWAYs I am ONE HAPPY DUDE right now.

did you get that last bolt installed?
Old 05-04-2003, 11:55 AM

Re: Re: HUGE shout out to slizan99!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by slizan99

did you get that last bolt installed?
im looking for it now...cant find it
Old 05-04-2003, 12:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: HUGE shout out to slizan99!!!!!!!!!!

im looking for it now...cant find it
if you can't find it, you can just go pick up a bolt/nut at lowes or home depot or something for like $.50
Old 05-04-2003, 01:23 PM

mecca: how much did minakee charge to install the obx?

i dont know if i should get megan or obx!! i love the way the greddy sounds and looks on maximas, which one will be more like a greddy. and which one ends up being cheaper. tax return is just begging me to be spent

Quick Reply: FEDEX DELIVERS!!!!!!!!!!whahoooooooooooo