4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Bought some gen2 altezzas

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 08:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Bought some gen2 altezzas

Has anyone bought carbon fiber gen2 altezza taillights from Procarparts.com? I bought some from them. They send me the lights and come to find out they cannot be hooked up because there is no harnesses to hold the bulbs like on the 1st gen altezzas. So I email them to say they didn’t send me the harnesses to hold the bulbs. So finally they say they are sending me the harnesses. A few days later I get a big box (not what I’m expecting). And what do I get? Another set of carbon fiber gen2 altezzas that still cannot be hooked up because of not having harnesses. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do? Does anyone have any pics of what the harness (that holds the bulbs) looks like so I can send Procarparts.com a pic and show them what I need? If you can I’d appreciate it.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:31 AM

I have CF gen2's i ordered from procarparts (w00t first order ) anyway, I think i know what you are talking about, the stock tails have the little white wire hardness that plugs into the other wire for the bulbs correct? well, it uses all the stock bulbs and wires so I think what you have should be it. I'll take some pictures of it when i get home and post them. Maybe if i fully knew what your were talking about I could give a better description, but im unsure hehe
Old 05-07-2003, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by Mmmaxx
I have CF gen2's i ordered from procarparts (w00t first order ) anyway, I think i know what you are talking about, the stock tails have the little white wire hardness that plugs into the other wire for the bulbs correct? well, it uses all the stock bulbs and wires so I think what you have should be it. I'll take some pictures of it when i get home and post them. Maybe if i fully knew what your were talking about I could give a better description, but im unsure hehe
I think that's it. The stock harness for the bulbs is attached to a big piece of plastic that holds the bulbs into the taillight, correct? Or is the 97-99 bulb harness different from the 95/96?
Yeah if you could take a picture that would be great.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:58 AM
mb1

Re: Bought some gen2 altezzas

Originally posted by hacim105
Has anyone bought carbon fiber gen2 altezza taillights from Procarparts.com? I bought some from them. They send me the lights and come to find out they cannot be hooked up because there is no harnesses to hold the bulbs like on the 1st gen altezzas. So I email them to say they didn’t send me the harnesses to hold the bulbs. So finally they say they are sending me the harnesses. A few days later I get a big box (not what I’m expecting). And what do I get? Another set of carbon fiber gen2 altezzas that still cannot be hooked up because of not having harnesses. Has anyone else had this problem? If so what did you do? Does anyone have any pics of what the harness (that holds the bulbs) looks like so I can send Procarparts.com a pic and show them what I need? If you can I’d appreciate it.

I'll take the second set off your hands.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:58 AM

Hey instead of them sending the right part they send you a whole new pair of alteezas?Thats 2 for 1 ..Not bad ,I'll buy the 2nd pair if you still have them.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:06 PM

I'll sell the second pair as soon as I get this all firgured out.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:21 PM

Im still going to take the pictures, but what I did with those wires was ripped them off the plastic part of the stock buld, put the bulbs in their place and made sure they were secure. then connected the harness to the other end and stuffed it up inside an opening. There is nothing on these that have the "clip" to hold the harness end. Im only going to get to the truck one though those should be enough hehe, i dont feel like pulling the truck carpet back
Old 05-07-2003, 12:31 PM

That is correct, the gen2 altezzas use the harnesses from your stock lights. They should just be plug and play. I bought mine from Procarparts.com in September of '02 for $149.99 of of ebay. I wouldn't sell that second set until you wait and see if Procarparts.com wants the first set back.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:07 PM

Re: Bought some gen2 altezzas

Originally posted by hacim105

So you have a '95 or '96 and you bought the gen2's? Do they fit? I assume that they don't and that you either swapped rear ends or something? Let me know....I'm curious...
Old 05-07-2003, 05:03 PM

here are a few pictures of the wire hook up on mine.

Old 06-10-2003, 01:24 PM
Lifetime Maxer

Good pics...

Originally posted by Mmmaxx
here are a few pictures of the wire hook up on mine.

I had to take the wiring harnesses off of my stock tails and use them on the new Altezzas. At first, it doesn't look like they'll work, but the one wire that is included on the Altezzas plugs into one of the bulb holders (you need to remove one of your tail bulbs on each side). Hope this makes sense...

-Chad