4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ImportImpression.com Overlays.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2001, 12:22 AM
Cobra DL

I ordered the guages and just got them the other day and it says to use application fluid. If anyone has these overlays where did you get the fluid? I live in Layton, Utah and have been to just about every sign shop around this god forsaken place and can't find anyplace that knows what I'm talking about.. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-27-2001, 01:04 AM
MaxSterling

I think you mean ImportIntelligence.com

I ordered a set of overlays from ImportIntelligence.com very recently (yesterday actually). I think if you were to drop Matt a line at a2low240@bee.net he would more than likey be able to tell you what to use. As for me? I have never heard anything called "application fluid" and i have been around cars for many years. Let me know how you make out.

Old 01-27-2001, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by Cobra DL
I ordered the guages and just got them the other day and it says to use application fluid. If anyone has these overlays where did you get the fluid? I live in Layton, Utah and have been to just about every sign shop around this god forsaken place and can't find anyplace that knows what I'm talking about.. Any help would be appreciated.
you can go to local sign shop to get application fluid.. at least here in seattle, WA they have them..
you don't need them, trust me. I did this thing like 5 month ago w/o using those fluid.. I believe application fluid not required since it's just sticker (decal) that go over gauge.. Just make sure you clean original gauge with hot water, and let it dry thoughout to make sure guage is clean..
if you bought it from importintelligence, just follow instuction. you shouldn't have any problem.
Old 01-27-2001, 06:57 AM
Master Will

Originally posted by maxspeed79
Originally posted by Cobra DL
you can go to local sign shop to get application fluid.. at least here in seattle, WA they have them..
you don't need them, trust me. I did this thing like 5 month ago w/o using those fluid.. I believe application fluid not required since it's just sticker (decal) that go over gauge.. Just make sure you clean original gauge with hot water, and let it dry thoughout to make sure guage is clean..
if you bought it from importintelligence, just follow instuction. you shouldn't have any problem.

I second that I cleaned mine with alcohol and let it air dry and then apply over them and they should be fine no fluid is needed at all...

[Edited by metallic97gxe on 01-27-2001 at 09:08 AM]
Old 01-27-2001, 10:53 AM
Ramius83

Yeppers

As metallic97gxe said, all you have to do is get some of those alcohol pads and wipe the faces clean. Or if you can't find them just get some rubbing alcohol and a lint-free cloth and wipe the suckers down. I had to do this on my dash kit. Good luck.

Old 01-27-2001, 02:04 PM
Cobra DL

Thanks for all of your help.. I'll probably be putting them on tomorrow.

Old 01-27-2001, 03:04 PM

did any of ya'll have any trouble putting those things on? What about the needles on the guages? Did they come off easily and go back on good? I am curious b/c I ordered a white guage set from there and my dad said no way after he read the instructions. He sucks like that sometimes, but I still want to convince him that it won't get messed up. Also, what did you guys do for coloring the needles? Anyone use blue sharpee? HOws it look? thanks for the info
Old 01-27-2001, 04:10 PM
Master Will

Originally posted by jaxima
did any of ya'll have any trouble putting those things on? What about the needles on the guages? Did they come off easily and go back on good? I am curious b/c I ordered a white guage set from there and my dad said no way after he read the instructions. He sucks like that sometimes, but I still want to convince him that it won't get messed up. Also, what did you guys do for coloring the needles? Anyone use blue sharpee? HOws it look? thanks for the info

what color did you get on my white ones I did not have to color my needles and they glow with the rest of the guages,and just folllow the instructions very carefully if you don't feel confident(your Dad )take it to a dealer....