4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

just another spring question

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 01:26 PM

just another spring question

well, i cant stand the 4X4 look anymore and decided that springs MUST be my next mod. i want a good noticeable drop, that doesnt completely sacrifice ride. and something relatively cheap, under $160. now since i am getting rid of my car in a little more than a year, i dont want to drop huge cash into it, so i dont want to combo it with AGX's. i was thinking sprints but they have a harsh ride(or so i hear) and i think that would put a lot of stress on OEM struts and shocks, my next choice was maxspeed, but i dont know where to get them and how they are.

please no, "just wait til you get more money and do the struts too" i dont have the money and i am getting rid of my car in a year.

any advice, PLEASE!!
Old 06-06-2003, 01:39 PM

If by "getting rid of my car" you mean you are going to sell it, keep it stock, you'll sell it easier.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:47 PM

Originally posted by Zirafa
If by "getting rid of my car" you mean you are going to sell it, keep it stock, you'll sell it easier.
well i am not selling it for over a year, possibly a year and a half.
so if i am going to keep it that long i want to still have fun with it, i can no longer stand the car unlowered. im parting out before selling it anyways.

so any suggestions?
Old 06-06-2003, 02:42 PM

Re: just another spring question

Originally posted by DTR Maxima
well, i cant stand the 4X4 look anymore and decided that springs MUST be my next mod. i want a good noticeable drop, that doesnt completely sacrifice ride. and something relatively cheap, under $160. now since i am getting rid of my car in a little more than a year, i dont want to drop huge cash into it, so i dont want to combo it with AGX's. i was thinking sprints but they have a harsh ride(or so i hear) and i think that would put a lot of stress on OEM struts and shocks, my next choice was maxspeed, but i dont know where to get them and how they are.

please no, "just wait til you get more money and do the struts too" i dont have the money and i am getting rid of my car in a year.

any advice, PLEASE!!
I'd keep it stock or maybe put on a RSB.

Springs are too difficult. ANY aftermarket spring will generally BLOW OUT stock shocks within a few months, and it's hard to sell a car that has leaking shocks, so you'd have to replace those. Also spring installation costs are somewhere around $150, meaning, $150 to install them, and $150 to remove them later when you want to sell it. Unless you plan on installing it yourself.
Old 06-06-2003, 04:06 PM
Boosted Panda

Re: Re: just another spring question

Originally posted by drewm

I'd keep it stock or maybe put on a RSB.

Springs are too difficult. ANY aftermarket spring will generally BLOW OUT stock shocks within a few months, and it's hard to sell a car that has leaking shocks, so you'd have to replace those. Also spring installation costs are somewhere around $150, meaning, $150 to install them, and $150 to remove them later when you want to sell it. Unless you plan on installing it yourself.
I agree, if you lower it the struts/shocks will blow. You will most likely be riding on blown struts within 3 mo. of the spring install and still have a year more to go before selling your car. If you hate the 4x4 look,.. I promise you that you will hate riding on blown struts worse.
If you dont mind riding on the blow struts for a year then dont even waste the money on springs and just cut them. Either way you do it its going to ride crappy.Why waste money on good springs if you dont plan on getting the most out of them.
Old 06-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Pizda Boy

keep STOCK!!!!!