4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Custom stereo installation in trunk

Old 01-29-2001, 05:37 PM
CustomMax

Hey, This weekend I am installing a completely new system consisting of an Alpine V12 Amp (MRV-1507), two 12 inch Kicker Solobaric L7's, one AudioBahn Farad Capacitor and an alpine 12 disk CD-Changer (CHA-1214). I wanted to know if anyone has done a custom installation and/or has any advice, tips, or instructions for a 4th Gen. Also, if anyone lives in the South Florida area, and has experience with this type of installation, I would be more than happy to pay for your services. Any suggestions on how to maximize performance with this setup will also be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-29-2001, 06:55 PM
CustomMax

Also, what kind of systems do you guys have in your ride? And how do you like them?

Old 01-29-2001, 08:10 PM
Mr. Millen

Mr. Millen would like to know if your planning on useing photo shop for the custom stereo like you used for your car.

Old 01-29-2001, 08:11 PM

Have you considered having a reputable dealer install your new system? You might end up paying a little more for your installation, but at least you'd have a good warranty from a place you KNOW how to find if there is ever a problem...

I was awakened at 3am a couple years ago by a burning car in my apartment parking lot. Post mortem revealed a faulty install on a stereo system which resulted in a raging fire. The guy's friend had installed the stereo that afternoon! Snap, crackle, pop... WHOOSH! Good luck with that.
Old 01-29-2001, 08:29 PM
LAVAR

Originally posted by Mr. Millen
Mr. Millen would like to know if your planning on useing photo shop for the custom stereo like you used for your car.

Old 01-29-2001, 08:41 PM

Stereo stuff

Heh, well, if you're planning on just using a regular box in the trunk, get some dynamat, or tar-based sound deadener (ie, b-quiet or something) .. I used a bottle of spray-foam too. With 2 subs and at least 400 watts, the maxima trunk will sound horrible without treatment.

If that's the only amp your going to be running, 4 gauge wire should be sufficient, and uh, make sure you properly sand the area you're going to be connecting the ground too. Don't do something silly like running a ground cable all the way back through the car (you probably already know that but I've seen a lotta goofy stereo setups)..

As for putting the changer in ... are you running an alpine deck now?
Old 01-29-2001, 09:08 PM
CustomMax

Originally posted by Mr. Millen
Mr. Third Person Millen - I do not intend to use photoshop for the install on my car. I did not use photoshop for the picture of my car. I could never figure out how to do that. The picture comes courtesy of GTR_RIDER. He lowered it and put a front lip on it so I could see what it would look like. I have since put a set of H&R's on it, but have not recieved my front lip from phuong yet. However, I appreciate your concern and hope that you do not loose any sleep over my photoshoped picture. Good day.

Old 01-30-2001, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by bullseye
I was awakened at 3am a couple years ago by a burning car in my apartment parking lot. Post mortem revealed a faulty install on a stereo system which resulted in a raging fire. The guy's friend had installed the stereo that afternoon! Snap, crackle, pop... WHOOSH! Good luck with that. [/I]
Ah yes, on that note, don't forget to fuse all your power lines as close to the battery as possible. On the other hand, there's nothing like roasting marshmellows over a burning car...
Old 01-30-2001, 07:11 PM

Originally posted by Botos
Originally posted by bullseye
I was awakened at 3am a couple years ago by a burning car in my apartment parking lot. Post mortem revealed a faulty install on a stereo system which resulted in a raging fire. The guy's friend had installed the stereo that afternoon! Snap, crackle, pop... WHOOSH! Good luck with that.
Ah yes, on that note, don't forget to fuse all your power lines as close to the battery as possible. On the other hand, there's nothing like roasting marshmellows over a burning car... [/I]
Ah, yes... That savory, pungent flavor we love so much!