4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Those with Hanabi Kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 02:04 PM

Those with Hanabi Kits

How is your light spread? I understand that our housing is not optimal for any HID kit, but does Hanabi use any type of beam correction? I mean, you guys cant be loving your kits if you have light everywhere but on the road, I mean, what good is a pretty 8000K light if there is none on the pavement. I NEED a decent spread on the ground, not spots of light here and there, as well as in the trees. How satisfied are you with your hanabi results? I am thinking of putting a pair of Hanabi bulbs in there b/c right now I have a junkyard OEM kit in there and the light is absolutely bright- but it is absolutely ALL OVER the place- I have the bulbs in there with a homemade apparatus, but it looks to very straight but obviously not straight enough. I thought I could get away with it- NO WAY. I got a warning from a cop last night...I need to get this taken care of ASAP. If the Hanabi 9004 bulbs do the job well, I will get a pair. Please help me out. This is a nightmare. Do you have a nice even spread? Also, if i get these bulbs, I am going to cut off the D2R connection pff the oem to put them on and splice in some insulated connectors. GOing into the starter there are two wires, green and orange i think, coming out, there are only 2 black ones, does the color off the wire stay consisant goin in and out- can I damge my elctical system if they are not correct going from the igniter to bulb? Or is it like a plug connection like an unpolarized plug in your house where it doesnt matter?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:00 PM

why would the light dispersement be any different than a conventional bulb?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:09 PM
Ramius83

I would expect that any HID system for the car will not "spot" on the ground, it will more flood the ground with light. I have been in a Maxima with the Hanabi kit at night and the whole area in front of the car is flooded with light, no spots here and there.....

Old 07-14-2003, 04:40 PM

We love them due to teh fact that we can see way more than before, and plus they really look nice, with the color and all. What most of us have been doing is reaiming the headlights. Does this make a difference? YES. You can reaim the healights to a point where the light is somewhat concentrated, and with no hotspots, and at the same time reducing the glare for uncomming traffic. I reaimed mine very low, I have no hotspots, and I can see a big part of the road. I love the color, its very bright, and it does its job BTW i have Hanabi 8000k's =P
Old 07-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

No matter how low you aim your lights, an 9004 HID retrofit throws to much light upwards into the eyes of oncomming traffic.

They do light up the road PTG though and look great too.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:49 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Beam pattern is non-uniform with abundant hot spots. My bro's halogens in his G35 produces much better visibility albeit without the pleasing color.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:58 PM

Thats cause they were made for light output and visibility of the road rather than color. If im correct they dont use projectors.

And as far as aiming them downwards, Ive realized that since the light reflects off the bottom, the glare still shines upward. Reaiming them just gets the general amount of light to the space needed.